The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration

+7
Grindboy
TheOldMan2084
Deepfriar
Ugly
Pershing1134
strangerhoncho
Hardcore Christian
11 posters

Go down

Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration Empty Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but this album is available for download per below link:

http://noisetrade.com/etherealscourge

Plus some info:

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/etherealscrg.html

Back to top Go down

Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration Empty Re: Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:07 pm

I have a original copy myself. Cool

They have a very unique sound, really ahead of their time!
I wish they made more than one release.

Im just glad Im lucky enough to have a copy, of such a great/rare release.
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration Empty Re: Ethereal Scourge - Judgement and Restoration

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:20 pm

One of my favorites.  I still think it was one of the best mixed death/doom albums of all time.  The tones on that recording are so good.  And he's one of the most emotive death vocalists.  It's sucks that they appeared and vanished in such a short while.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:29 pm

I downloaded it just to hear the remaster.  So strange that they would feel the need to do that, since it was so perfect to begin with.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Love this album!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:55 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:So strange that they would feel the need to do that, since it was so perfect to begin with.
I agree
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugly Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:51 pm

And lyrically it was a very powerful and beautiful album as well. Can't say there's anything about it i would change or dislike. Hugely underrated.
Ugly
Ugly
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:55 am

A very good album! I used to have a copy, but I can't find it! I am not sure what happened to it. I think I loaned it out to a friend ... oh well. It was good while I had it anyway lol.

Ugly, I absolutely LOVE your avatar! I see 'religious people'! HAHAHAHA! Too cool dude!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:55 am

I've got a copy and still listen to it every once in a while. Definitely a classic.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:34 am

I loved this album back in the day. Seemed pretty unique in the sea of death metal that was out at the time. I'll have to pull this one out and listen to it again.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:I have a original copy myself. Cool

They have a very unique sound, really ahead of their time!
I wish they made more than one release.

Im just glad Im lucky enough to have a copy, of such a great/rare release.
Fwiw, they had a few songs on the The Raise the Dead" Austrailian metal comp put out by Rowe Productions way back.  I'm not sure how rare or htf it is now.  The production wasn't as strong as this full-length, but IMO the sound was similar and the material is solid.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Wow yyeah I remeber this album and I remember thinking how unique the sound and over all vibe was back then and the lyrics were done well. Might give this a listen again to refresh ones mind
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:42 am

Yeah, its an awesome album. Love the 4 songs they did on that "The Raise The Dead" Aussie Compilation as well.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:42 am

Such an amazing album, hope we get a remastered CD soon.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:18 am

I don’t think I would call it death metal. It was more like super heavy groove metal. More similar to Mindrage, Six Feet Deep, Godfear, Precious Death, Oracle, Fasedown (or maybe Mortification - Primitive Rhythm Machine) than death metal IMO. I liked the vocalist (Jared Murray) quite a bit. Not a lot of great vocal performances in Christian metal. This is one of the exceptions, especially in the heavier (more extreme) category. Hard to listen to these infectious grooves and soulful growling and not head-bang. Accurate description here: https://www.riffrelevant.com/2018/05/27/oldschool-sunday-ethereal-scourge/

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:07 am

My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down