The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I mixed a song for a lady check it out and tell me what you think.

2 posters

Go down

I mixed a song for a lady check it out and tell me what you think. Empty I mixed a song for a lady check it out and tell me what you think.

Post by Leviathan's burning Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:31 am

While it's not metal,This lady on Craigslist was looking for somebody to mix her album for free and I told her that I would try. I was up front and honest with her about me being an amateur audio idiot..But that I would give it my best shot.

I just feel you learn by doing and while somebody with better gear and experience could do a better job. I think it came out alright.
Reverb can be messy stuff. Singers keep wanting more and more of it lol..same with compression..I used very light compression on it. anyways check it out.
https://soundcloud.com/leviathans-burning/god-says-3rd-mix

Last edited by Leviathan's burning on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:55 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I changed the link to the song.)
Leviathan's burning
Leviathan's burning
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

I mixed a song for a lady check it out and tell me what you think. Empty Re: I mixed a song for a lady check it out and tell me what you think.

Post by Leviathan's burning Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:35 am

oh yeah she sent me the stems to the song but the music"piano&drums" was a prerecorded track so I couldn't really turn down the bass drum with out effecting the piano track..mostly I just added the reverb to the main vocals and blended the backing vocals.
Leviathan's burning
Leviathan's burning
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

I mixed a song for a lady check it out and tell me what you think. Empty Re: I mixed a song for a lady check it out and tell me what you think.

Post by d@v!d Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:13 am

It's alright. Around 2 mins the background vocals are pretty loud.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviathan's burning Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:40 pm

yep they do get more dynamic lol..I'm through mucking with it..It still needs to be mastered and they will probably dial it back down. You can over analyze something too much where you reach the point of diminishing returns.

I've messed up a lot of songs by adding too much compression crap like that. I think I
better stop besides my ears are fried from fooling with it...It was fun though.
Leviathan's burning
Leviathan's burning
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down