The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brazilian Catholic band IAHWEH- "End of Sacrifice"

+5
metaldude
Jessrox
d@v!d
Candlemass
hellig
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

iahweh - Brazilian Catholic band IAHWEH- "End of Sacrifice"  Empty Brazilian Catholic band IAHWEH- "End of Sacrifice"

Post by hellig Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:20 am

Discovered this band last year through a friend of mine. You may recognize the drummer as one Eloy Casagrande, who presently plays in this little unknown band called Sepultura.  Shocked

The fact that Sepultura has a Christian drummer is just... ironic.

A couple of videos of the band playing live in studio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=796c8NV0su0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg_030tFRYM

Solid, massive, concise sound. Awesome vocals, punishing drums. Loving it!
hellig
hellig
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

iahweh - Brazilian Catholic band IAHWEH- "End of Sacrifice"  Empty Re: Brazilian Catholic band IAHWEH- "End of Sacrifice"

Post by Candlemass Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:48 am

Thumbs up
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

iahweh - Brazilian Catholic band IAHWEH- "End of Sacrifice"  Empty Re: Brazilian Catholic band IAHWEH- "End of Sacrifice"

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:40 pm

hellig wrote:Solid, massive, concise sound. Awesome vocals, punishing drums. Loving it!
Says it better than anything.

http://www.iahweh.com.br/
https://www.facebook.com/iahweh

http://www.amazon.com/Deserto-Iahweh/dp/B00JX5MWZE/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1421433016&sr=1-1&keywords=Iahweh
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Wow! Really good.......but foreign language......wish I could understand them.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:55 pm

That drumming is furious!!
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:09 pm

Anyone know where I could get the CD or a high quality download? I found mp3s on Amazon, but prefer CD.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:21 pm

I found it funny when I read in the video title "Featuring Padre Fabio de Melo". I wonder if they invited Padre Marcelo Rossi before Fabio joined the band. You know, it is a bit chessy such as that song with Petra and Carman.

But I actually enjoyed one of the songs live in studio. When someone comes to me to show a brazilian metal band, I always expect that annoying Angra style with extremely high keyboards. However, those guys are different.

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:48 am

There is some really solid metal in Brazil. Too bad it is so hard to make it out of the country. Not that America would help much.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:48 am

d@v!d wrote:Anyone know where I could get the CD or a high quality download? I found mp3s on Amazon, but prefer CD.

I read under one of the Youtube videos that someone said it would be too hard to get it here in the states.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:03 pm

deathisgain wrote:
d@v!d wrote:Anyone know where I could get the CD or a high quality download? I found mp3s on Amazon, but prefer CD.

I read under one of the Youtube videos that someone said it would be too hard to get it here in the states.
David is brazilian, I guesss...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:09 pm

deathisgain wrote:There is some really solid metal in Brazil. Too bad it is so hard to make it out of the country. Not that America would help much.
 And you know, it is very hard to a brazilian metal band to make any sucess even in their country. There are no record labels support, no media and no enough public. I have also known a thrash metal band that have their album released in germany only, due to the lack of support from brazilian public.

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGuy Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:47 pm

Why is it that Brazil gets all of these great metal bands we never hear of? It still kills me that Menahem only had one album, and I can't even find the tracks on Spotify anymore.

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by hellig Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:30 am

Their Facebook page --- I believe they understand English.

https://www.facebook.com/iahweh
hellig
hellig
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by hellig Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:53 am

"Deserto" lyrics translated:

Amidst the withered flowers on an open field
There is a desert in the hearts of the muiltitude

Where silence is the song being played
Their souls in the grasp of loneliness

But it was also in the desert that He was victorious
Today is your turn
God lives in you

May the King return in majesty
Every knee shall bow before the name of the Lord
Behold the Kingdom come: Justice, joy and peace
Divine redemption

In affliction
Submerged in dark clouds
Sweat turns to blood
The meek had a vision

In the drought
emerged oasis
And the thirst of the soul
was quenched with prayer

But it was also in the desert that He was victorious
Today is your turn
God lives in you

May the King return in majesty
Every knee shall bow before the name of the Lord
Behold the Kingdom come: Justice, joy and peace
Divine redemption
hellig
hellig
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:12 pm

SpaceGuy wrote:Why is it that Brazil gets all of these great metal bands we never hear of? It still kills me that Menahem only had one album, and I can't even find the tracks on Spotify anymore.
It was funny when a Menahem singer approach me a few years ago and wanted to trade a  brand new Menahem cd for a new-used additional copy of Rob Rock Holy Hell I had at the time. As I intended to make some money, I reject the ofer, as he might have hundreds of Menahem cds in stock.

I ended up giving HolyHell away to a co-worker which was a big fan of  metal. At least I helped spreading the good message. However, I have still not heard that Menahem album.

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:05 am

Loved the Menahem album. Wished they had done more.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:59 am

deathisgain wrote:Loved the Menahem album. Wished they had done more.

This! Metal 1
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:51 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

Não são brasileiro. São da California. Tem estudado português na universidade por um ano.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:52 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
deathisgain wrote:There is some really solid metal in Brazil. Too bad it is so hard to make it out of the country. Not that America would help much.
 And you know, it is very hard to a brazilian metal band to make any sucess even in their country. There are no record labels support, no media and no enough public. I have also known a thrash metal band that have their album released in germany only, due to the lack of support from brazilian public.
Wow. Amazing to hear that there isn't much support since these guys have a really nice production.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:00 am

hellig wrote:"Deserto" lyrics translated:
Thanks for posting. It helps me confirm that I understood the lyrics since my Portuguese is fairly elementary.

And there's the thing with this band. I've been listening to them a lot this last weekend. I'm fascinated by the musicianship and some of the songs are growing on me, but it's the lyrics that throw me off a little. They come off as imprecise and cliche.

Another funny thing about them is that I wonder why if they are supposed to be a Catholic band, why do the have a song called "Jesus is the Rock?" Wink
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:04 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
SpaceGuy wrote:Why is it that Brazil gets all of these great metal bands we never hear of? It still kills me that Menahem only had one album, and I can't even find the tracks on Spotify anymore.
It was funny when a Menahem singer approach me a few years ago and wanted to trade a  brand new Menahem cd for a new-used additional copy of Rob Rock Holy Hell I had at the time. As I intended to make some money, I reject the ofer, as he might have hundreds of Menahem cds in stock.

I ended up giving HolyHell away to a co-worker which was a big fan of  metal. At least I helped spreading the good message. However, I have still not heard that Menahem album.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:29 am

A little bit about Iahweh from the wikipedia page.
They started in 1993 and have put out 3 albums. 
1996 - Alfa e Ômega
2008 - Neblim
2014 - Deserto
They've changed singer and drummer since they've started.
Here's a song that I like form their 2008 album.

And here it is again with the new lineup.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:39 pm

d@v!d wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

Não são brasileiro. São da California. Tem estudado português na universidade por um ano.

Then I might have seen you writing in portuguese previously in this forum. You are doing very well as you have been studying for one year, only (or have studied, it's not clear...). Anyway, portuguese is a difficult language.

Just one point: "Não sou brasileiro. Sou da Califórnia."

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:23 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:Then I might have seen you writing in portuguese previously in this forum. You are doing very well as you have been studying for one year, only (or have studied, it's not clear...). Anyway, portuguese is a difficult language.

Just one point: "Não sou brasileiro. Sou da Califórnia."
Obrigado.

Estudei por um ano no 2002. Falo espanhol o que me ajuda muito.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:43 pm

There are a few song songs that I'm really digging. this is one. Luv the drumming.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next