The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drastic Symphonies

2 posters

Go down

Drastic Symphonies Empty Drastic Symphonies

Post by Guenther321 Sun May 21, 2023 4:30 am

Any Def Leppard fans?  Any body hear this yet?

I love what the Beach Boys and Bob Marley did with adding orchestra to classics, since I'm a casual DL fan, I futured I'd check this out.  First, it's a crime what they did to Pour Some Sugar.  It's horrible.  Everything else I've heard I really like.  The orchestra is really prominent so it adds a lot to the songs, IMO.

Any other thoughts?

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Drastic Symphonies Empty Re: Drastic Symphonies

Post by Dustofyears Sun May 21, 2023 4:33 am

Was a Def Leppard fan way back when until they became Brain Adams... had no idea they did the orchestra thing, how indulgent of them. Sounds truly horrible.

Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Sun May 21, 2023 5:38 am

It just came out on Friday. Actually most of the songs came out really good. On some, the orchestra just plays along with the band. Pour Some Sugar actually is truly horrible.
Switch 265 was really good, as was Hysteria, Love Bites, and Bringing On The Heartbreak.

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Sun May 21, 2023 5:59 am

Good having a listen to some of those tracks again. It's been a minute. Yeah not so horrible as I was thinking and works better than I imagined. Then there's Pour some sugar on me, which is more horrible than I could have ever imagined.

Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guenther321 Sun May 21, 2023 9:07 pm

Dustofyears wrote:Good having a listen to some of those tracks again. It's been a minute. Yeah not so horrible as I was thinking and works better than I imagined. Then there's Pour some sugar on me, which is more horrible than I could have ever imagined.
I know right?  It's like they tried to make it really bad.  When Beach Boys and then Bob Marley did this the orchestra was in the background and sometimes you couldn't tell it was there.  This was much better, IMHO.

Guenther321
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Dustofyears Mon May 22, 2023 1:41 am

Yeah its pretty terrible man got no idea what they were shooting for with that! But the other few I checked out it blended surprisingly well, didn't smother the songs. And I had no idea Bob and Beach did it as well. Deep of course was a classic if you like purple, particularly old purple. Anyway was good listening to the Leppard again.

Dustofyears
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum