The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Angie - Desert Flags E.P. (New album from 90's artist)

3 posters

Go down

Miss Angie - Desert Flags E.P.  (New album from 90's artist) Empty Miss Angie - Desert Flags E.P. (New album from 90's artist)

Post by Constantine Fri May 28, 2021 6:28 pm

Remember Miss Angie from the 90's album "100 Million Eyeballs"?
She just released a new E.P. called "Desert Flags."

Some of it is pretty good - a bit more modern, and no grunge or disco like on the debut.
Some of the new record reminds me of Ellie Goulding (especially the production).  
The best song, "Higher," is very much like something Sia would do.

Curious to hear other's thoughts.....

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Miss Angie - Desert Flags E.P.  (New album from 90's artist) Empty Re: Miss Angie - Desert Flags E.P. (New album from 90's artist)

Post by BaleMaster Sat May 29, 2021 9:26 am

I am really enjoying these older artists making a comeback.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Miss Angie - Desert Flags E.P.  (New album from 90's artist) Empty Re: Miss Angie - Desert Flags E.P. (New album from 90's artist)

Post by Constantine Sat May 29, 2021 9:49 am

I posted this on MeWe and one guy said he likes her voice but that he doesn't like the digital production and wishes artists would go back to making "real music."  Well, that might make an interesting discussion topic.  

Personally I don't mind that most music these days has more studio enhancement and electronic effects.  That said, I am disappointed when the more recent pop artists can't duplicate their sound well live - especially the vocals (that describes many unfortunately).  I doubt if this gal would have a problem with that though, based on her You Tube live clips.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:05 pm

I had her two releases from the 90's that I bought used from Cheap-O plummaging through their piles of cd's.  I didn't listen to 'em much, but the single "I Lift My Eyes Up" stands out and I dug her voice.

She sounds more comfortable here and hasn't become a victim of the social gospel going by the lyrics as she is even more bold.  Looks like she's going for more of a Bjork style here and it works.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:29 pm

This comeback album reminds me of the Lead's...a wise maturity and the corresponding musical evolution.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down