The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]? - Page 4 Empty Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]?

Post by mothy Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:25 pm

Having run running these guys in the background now:

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]? - Page 4 Empty Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now [Christian]?

Post by crucifyd Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:15 pm

man, you guys are killing me! can't keep up w/all these bands to check out...   Shocked
crucifyd
crucifyd
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.crucifyd.com

mothy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:47 pm

mothy wrote:Having run running these guys in the background now:

apparently it's "a" guy, can't find anything other than from Indiana...
"Christ In Flesh is a solo metal project that was formed in 2015."

https://christinflesh.bandcamp.com

does it sound like a drum machine to you?
if it is, do you care?
crucifyd
crucifyd
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:02 pm

Yeah found them on bandcamp. Not too sure but probably a drum machine but it doeant bother me.
mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:56 am

Wow this stuff is really good:

Bandcamp Page

Pretty cheap to
mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Son of Nun likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:26 pm

Black metal mood.

Bamdcamp Page
mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Son of Nun likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:36 pm

I wish those Unblack bands had something on a physical format. Give me a cassette so I can be trve and kvlt!
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:53 pm

P86-And the Rest Will Follow
Black Rider
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

mothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:59 pm

Daygraves - Undone

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:13 pm

Ikarian - Into the Haze

His latest is easily his best.
mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:25 pm

^That's a very good album!  Though I think I actually prefer A Shrine Of Fire by a slight margin.  Smile  I'm looking forward to what he's got cooking up next - which sadly may be his last album he says...

Ecthirion - Eagle's Wings

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sat May 01, 2021 1:51 am

I bought all the Ikarian albums and then found out that he may not be a Christian anymore. A bit disappointing. I haven't scrutinized the lyrics, but probably will later.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat May 01, 2021 11:17 am

The Showdown-Blood In the Gears
Black Rider
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 01, 2021 2:24 pm

Three Petra albums:

Jeckyll & Hyde
Beyond Belief
Unseen Power
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sat May 01, 2021 4:07 pm

Son of Nun wrote:I bought all the Ikarian albums and then found out that he may not be a Christian anymore. A bit disappointing. I haven't scrutinized the lyrics, but probably will later.

Last I heard, this was the case...

Nonetheless, I do really enjoy all of James' music and I haven't found any of the lyrics to be objectionable by any means.  I chatted some with him about the latest album's lyrics and IMO they were just fine.  Also, he's one of the friendliest musicians I've ever been in contact with (online) and any interactions I've had with him have been very positive.  I think I enjoy his music all the more because of how neat of a fella he is.*

*Which goes a long ways for me these days!  I'm still in shock at how harsh, condescending, and hostile D.E.E. of Wovenhand / 16 Horsepower was to me on FB the other day.  I've been a huge fan for probably 15 years and have all of their album, paid to see them live numerous times, and have bought multiple merch items from them - but it's too hard for me to separate the music from the musician and thus they lost me.  (If anyone wants to buy any of their albums, hit me up and I'll cut you a deal!)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Mon May 03, 2021 10:30 am

Kerrick wrote:
Nonetheless, I do really enjoy all of James' music and I haven't found any of the lyrics to be objectionable by any means.  I chatted some with him about the latest album's lyrics and IMO they were just fine.  Also, he's one of the friendliest musicians I've ever been in contact with (online) and any interactions I've had with him have been very positive.  I think I enjoy his music all the more because of how neat of a fella he is.*

*Which goes a long ways for me these days!  I'm still in shock at how harsh, condescending, and hostile D.E.E. of Wovenhand / 16 Horsepower was to me on FB the other day.  I've been a huge fan for probably 15 years and have all of their album, paid to see them live numerous times, and have bought multiple merch items from them - but it's too hard for me to separate the music from the musician and thus they lost me.  (If anyone wants to buy any of their albums, hit me up and I'll cut you a deal!)

Sorry this happened Kerrick.  

While I myself don't have a symbiosis formed between enjoying art and the artist behavior, I know others have the same feelings that you do.  Because of that, I've been really trying to understand it myself, because empathy is a good thing, I think.

Best way I've been able to wrap my head around this so far would be this hypothetical -  like if I bought a painting from a local artist and hung it up in my downstairs hallway.  Years later, this artist is belligerent with my family and tries to get frisky with my mom.  I could see myself thinking about what happened when I see that painting he did, and being able to convince myself... it doesn't need to be hanging up anymore. ...because it is now a memoir to something unpleasant.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon May 03, 2021 12:04 pm

Thanks Thomas.  I think that's a pretty accurate analogy, though there is an element missing: the fact that this particular band/person in question claims to be a Christian and most of their lyrics are explicitly Christian.  "Heathens gonna heath" as they say, meaning you expect un-Christian behavior from non-Christians.  It'd be different if, say, Iron Maiden had said the same things to me because (other than Nicko) they don't claim to be believers.  (That'd still totally bum me out, but it'd be in a different category.)  But in this instance, such unnecessary harshness and ugliness from a professing Christian just taints the rest of their message for me and I couldn't listen to their music worshiping God and not be distracted by that.  It reminds me of the Pharisees who Jesus rebuked so harshly.

So I guess to add to your analogy, it'd be as if the painting was perhaps of the empty tomb and written somewhere, "He is risen" and the painter himself justified his belligerence and friskiness biblically.  At least for me, I wouldn't be able to appreciate that painting's intention to the same degree.  I dunno if that makes any sense, but that's sorta where I'm coming from.

It's really not a big deal.  So what if I no longer can enjoy certain music as I once did.  I just wanted to vent.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

ThomasEversole likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 12:54 pm

Crimson Covenant - Elements of Fear and Self Destruction
mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 3:35 pm

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon May 03, 2021 3:36 pm

Sawol - Desolate

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 pm

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 4:11 pm

Memory Eternal  - IC XC

1 man Thrash Speed metal band labeled as Orthodox Theology.
mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 4:25 pm

Stay past the chanting intro:
mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 4:32 pm

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 4:43 pm

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 4:48 pm

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 4:59 pm

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 5:05 pm

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 5:14 pm

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 5:24 pm

Good Prog/rock metal

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon May 03, 2021 5:33 pm

Hard Rock /Metal:

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MagnusPrime Mon May 03, 2021 8:06 pm

Stryper - Against The Law
MagnusPrime
MagnusPrime
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Black Rider, BaleMaster and Raegoul like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue May 04, 2021 12:09 pm

Prog Metal:

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue May 04, 2021 12:28 pm

some more Prog metal:

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue May 04, 2021 12:48 pm

Some good Power/Thrash

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue May 04, 2021 1:22 pm

Faith - Never Got To Know

I've been on a bit of a Faith kick lately.  Great stuff.  And supposedly they may have a new album in the works...   cheers

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue May 04, 2021 3:01 pm

Promise Land - Harmony in Ruins
mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue May 04, 2021 3:42 pm

more Prog:

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue May 04, 2021 7:21 pm

The Prayer Chain-Shaw
A great alternative rock album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed May 05, 2021 3:22 pm

Some straight up rock:

mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed May 05, 2021 3:40 pm

mothy wrote:

Where do you find all these bands man????
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed May 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
mothy wrote:

Where do you find all these bands man????
When im bored i surf Metal Archives based on Lyrical Cintent. Ive been bores alot :p
mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed May 05, 2021 5:02 pm

Deathbreaker "Isolate"
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu May 06, 2021 3:59 pm

Vials Of Wrath - A Black Bile Fog

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Triptyque Thu May 06, 2021 10:27 pm

Triptyque
Triptyque
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Yesterday at 9:40 am

Diviner - Fallen Empires
mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Yesterday at 10:46 am

Diviner - Realms of TIme
mothy
mothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum