The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Hip-Hop

4 posters

Go down

Christian Hip-Hop Empty Christian Hip-Hop

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:55 am

Hopefully I'm not the only fan of this music here! I mostly like stuff from the 2000s and 2010s which differs strongly from the more mainstream sound today. (A lot of the rap that gets popular today would still bother me even if the lyrics were clean, just because it is so annoying.)

Some of my favorites are Phanatik, Shai Linne, Timothy Brindle, Evangel, and The Result.

Anyone else here like stuff like this?
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Christian Hip-Hop Empty Re: Christian Hip-Hop

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:59 pm

I never really got into rap.  I liked some early stuff from MC Hammer, but never enough to actually buy an album.

When I got into Christian music, I just didn't even check it out.  Even CCM radio was ditching rap for the most part so I just was never exposed to it.  After checking out these two clips, I just don't see the draw to it.  That's just one old fuddy duddy's opinion, though.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:47 pm

I am not familiar with the newer bands.   In the 80's / 90's, there were some good Christian rap / hip hop bands, some of whom are still around.   Like GRITS, MIke E, S.F.C., Freedom Of Soul, P.I.D., Dynamic Twins, End Time Warriors (E.T.W.), T-Bone, XL & Death Before Dishonor, The CMC's, Disciples Of Christ, E-Roc, The Gotee Brothers, Preachas, and Gospel Gangstas.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:14 am

Always liked KJ-52

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:23 pm

Constantine wrote:I am not familiar with the newer bands.   In the 80's / 90's, there were some good Christian rap / hip hop bands, some of whom are still around.   Like GRITS, MIke E, S.F.C., Freedom Of Soul, P.I.D., Dynamic Twins, End Time Warriors (E.T.W.), T-Bone, XL & Death Before Dishonor, The CMC's, Disciples Of Christ, E-Roc, The Gotee Brothers, Preachas, and Gospel Gangstas.

XL & DBD are still around and still recording after a long hiatus.  The brainchild of that project, Todd Stevens, resurrected the project and is continuing to do music.   They aren't a rap metal band nowadays, though.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:14 pm

Constantine wrote:I am not familiar with the newer bands.   In the 80's / 90's, there were some good Christian rap / hip hop bands, some of whom are still around.   Like GRITS, MIke E, S.F.C., Freedom Of Soul, P.I.D., Dynamic Twins, End Time Warriors (E.T.W.), T-Bone, XL & Death Before Dishonor, The CMC's, Disciples Of Christ, E-Roc, The Gotee Brothers, Preachas, and Gospel Gangstas.
Oddly enough, I have not heard of any of these artists. I'll have to check 'em out.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:28 pm

There's tons of decent Christian rappers out there.  LA Symphony was the best rap "group" I'd seen or heard of.  I'm not that into hip-hop and have spent about a total of 5 dollars on the genre itself.  I bought The CMC's used and grabbed a few tapes that were super cheap.  One of those bands was Ill Harmonics and they were really good.  It's like acoustic guitar rap. 

Anybody ever into Dirt?  (The guy that rapped on early P.O.D.)
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Bumping this thread for the binge fest I just did on a hip-hop group called Destiny Lab.  Shockingly Good!  I couldn't help but browse their entire catalog.  Very edgy music with topics to match the music.  This is as fringe as it gets.

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:14 pm

More people need to hear this band.  Their layers of music over beats are brilliant, sometimes hypnotizing. 

AND they just dropped a new album a few days ago.  www.destinylab.com

NEW stuff:

Some classics:

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down