The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women "Preachers"

+12
alldatndensum
oldschooldoom
Andreas89
Samson
MikeInFla
TZ75
Grindboy
Staybrite
Kerrick
ThomasEversole
deathisgain
Rockrz
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Women "Preachers" - Page 3 Empty Re: Women "Preachers"

Post by Frozen Fire Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:38 am

This is an interesting topic to read through. I'm glad to see it has turned toward the better.

I've learned some wonderful things from women in my life, in conversations, in Sunday School, in ministry settings. There is no doubt women are able to speak into anyones life and that they are filled with the wisdom of God, as are men. Hopefully many of us have had godly mothers. Personally, my wife, my sister in law, my mother don't speak a lot in church. They remain reserved. They are not quiet or shy people. I have never once taught or told my wife anything about these topics. It is a natural conviction for her. We have Fellowship of Christian Students in our middle school and I speak most of the time but two of the female teachers speak on occasion. I've learned some powerful things as they spoke to our students. Yet, both yield to their husbands in ministry settings, in the home and remain powerful, intelligent women of God.

This is the rub for me, I think sometimes we equate silence with weakness, timidity. We equate it with being useless or lacking purpose. I'm not sure where we get that from. Some of the most powerful moments in Jesus' life were his silence during trial. His reserve not only fulfilled prophecy (Isaiah 53:7) but showed towering resolve, a powerful sense of His identity and purpose and, in His case, strength beyond strength! Pilate was amazed at it (Mk 15:5).

I often wonder about this statement from 1 Peter 3:3-4:

"Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."

Is there incorruptible/unfading/imperishable beauty in a gentle and quiet spirit? I know it doesn't mean literally silent or even refer to speech but it's still a powerful statement! I don't believe women need to be silent in church, literally not speaking. Yet, why do we take such a call to be an insult, degrading, even mysogonistic?

Given all these things, I say them because I've seen some of the most excellent, powerful examples of Christian life in women of quiet strength. Women who yield, serve, principled, dedicated wives, mothers, sisters dedicated to God's Word, uncompromising in their devotion. I don't think women, nor men, being anything and everything they want to be is a "right." We were created and designed by God with different purposes and callings are reserved for God's will not our want or our perception. Could we be surprised that God would call women to show an entirely different side of His glory than He has called men?

Tough topic but I generally side with women not preaching. I really don't see it, though examples that could allow it in some manner have been sighted by others already.

Unfortunately I have never heard a female pastor who gave a good sermon. Those I've sat under bent scripture, were mushy with the truth and it has not helped me in this. I'm sure that is not always the case, just unfortunate experiences. I bet a few of you have sat under some truths spoken by women in those settings. I can't dare to say I wouldn't listen to the truth of God just because a woman spoke it out from such a position.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:24 am

Spot on, all of it. Our preconceived notions play a huge role here. How many times haven't I heard the tired mantra "but she has the gifts to do it". Gifts do not equal a calling, and a calling will never go against God's Word.

And then what happens is that people say that you think that women are worth less. But that just shows how deep the culture's rot has eaten away in our churches. Headship in church and family is not a matter of who is the most important. I don't know how it's said in English, but he who wants to be the most has to be the least. I would say that there's an extremely solid biblical case to be made for the notion that church leadership is (or should be) the lowest position, as in that the people in those positions serve the others.

I did have one rather positive (or funny) experience with a female preacher. The quote from my signature is actually taken from a woman who preached in a church nearby. Only went there once of course.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed May 06, 2020 10:58 pm

As a Catholic, this is not an issue. There are no women priests, ergo there are no women pastors.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3