The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Les and Joyce Carlsen sing "Never Gonna Leave You"

Go down

Les and Joyce Carlsen sing "Never Gonna Leave You" Empty Les and Joyce Carlsen sing "Never Gonna Leave You"

Post by Guest 18/1/2019, 12:22 pm

lesandjoycecarlsen.bandcamp.com/track/never-gonna-leave-you

Les and I have been together for 47 years. On one level, this is a love song about our unending commitment and undying love for each other, but looking deeper, it is a love song to the source of life, our heavenly Father, who keeps our hearts beating and our lungs full of breath. 

We wrote this song while celebrating Les's 70th birthday at a cabin in Three Rivers. Les was playing a chord progression with a simple but catchy rhythm. I started singing and got most of the melody and lyrics in one stream. 

A few days later, Les recorded the rhythm guitar, bass and added some drums and percussion loops. After we tweaked the arrangement, I added the vocals and orchestration for the first draft. It was too synth intensive, so Les added more guitar which inspired some background vocals. This is our best collaborative effort so far. We're really happy with how it turned out.

lyrics

NEVER GONNA LEAVE YOU 

Never Gonna Leave You, Never gonna leave your side. (repeat) 
‘Cause you are the only one, the only one for me. (repeat) 

Never gonna let you, Never gonna let you go (repeat) 

You’re the sun on my face 
The wind through my hair 
The song in my soul 
You’re the joy in my day 
The love of my life 
The hand I hold 

Breathe, lungs 
Beat, heart 
Oh-oh-oh, I need you 
Breathe, lungs 
Beat, heart 
Oh-oh-oh, I need you 

Never gonna change, never gonna change my mind (repeat) 

credits

released January 5, 2019

Back to top Go down