The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dale Huffman

+5
ThomasEversole
Hardcore Christian
Blake
Samson
exo
9 posters

Go down

Dale Huffman Empty Dale Huffman

Post by exo Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:23 pm

Dear friends

It saddens me to inform all of you that the cancer battle of our brother Dale Huffman (fishingd here and many other boards, owner of Metal Pulse radio) has progressed to the point that he has been placed in hospice care and will be with the Lord soon. 

Dale is a longtime pillar of our Christian metal community, and one of the early adopters of the "streaming Internet radio" format that so many of us listen to so avidly.  Without Metal Pulse, many of the other stations that have popped up over the years would not be......his loss will be deeply felt by many amongst our community.

Please remember his family and many friends around the globe in your prayers.  There will be some very tough days ahead for many of them.

Godspeed, Dale.......we are all so very blessed to have had you around.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Dale Huffman Empty Re: Dale Huffman

Post by Samson Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:39 pm

I remember the days before the radio show was even a thought. He was a moderator at the old Firestream board, as well as an administrator on a chat room called Christian Rock and Fellowship. CRF would interview musicians in the Christian rock scene, including old school folks like Jimmy Brown, Jamie Kramer, Scott Waters, etc, as well as local indy bands who were just beginning to get exposure. Dale would ask everyone he interviewed, and I mean EVERYONE, this one question:

"Do you like to fish?"

God be with you, buddy. Your fight is almost over.
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:50 am

I was surprised to hear this. I never actually knew Dale, and I don't believe I've ever actually talked to him, but I do have a lot of respect for him. He will definitely be missed. I will be praying for his family
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:30 am

Blake wrote:I was surprised to hear this. I never actually knew Dale, and I don't believe I've ever actually talked to him, but I do have a lot of respect for him. He will definitely be missed. I will be praying for his family
Me either

I had seen him around previously and will be praying for his family and friends
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:17 pm

H.M. Murdock wrote:
God be with you, buddy. Your fight is almost over.

A physical defeat, but a spiritual victory!
There's the sting of mortality, but its still a massive win.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Dale passed away this morning and is now in the presence of God.
Post on Elgibbor's FB page
Dale's FB profile
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:55 am

Posted by his wife on Facebook:

"There is no way to show our deepest gratitude to everyone that has prayed and contributed in many ways to our family through this fiery trial. All we can say is, Thank you, and we pray that our Heavenly Father to bless each one of you and see to your needs and supply them as abundantly as you have graced us. Thank you so very much. 

Dale L. Huffman Jr. died at his home in Prosser WA February, 2017 at the age of 51.

As a memorial the family invites everyone to share your pictures, memories and stories below.

Dale was born in Flint Michigan to Dale and Joan Huffman Sr. February 24, 1965. 
In 1987 Dale moved to Alaska, where he later married his wife Cheryl on May 21, 1995 in Anchorage, Alaska.

Dale's heart was for his family above all other things on this earth. He was a man of God, a family man, a hard worker and provider for his family. His favorite pastimes were, fishing, hunting, and Christian metal.

On September 1, 2007 Dale founded Metal Pulse Radio, a weekly live broadcast that he hosted highlighting Christian artists and ministries. It was his passion that he continued for nearly 10 years until his health prevented him from continuing further. 

"As I watched him go through all of this, my respect for Dale only grew deeper. The pain was incredible, depression attacked and emotions were heavy. Added was also numerous medical tests, procedures, surgeries, radiation and weekly chemo treatments. Yet, through all of the intensity of the past 16 months Dale kept a grateful attitude. He used his remaining time to make sure his family was cared for after he went home. He did not bow to self pity, bitterness or blame, nor did Dale ever bow the knee to the cancer that took his life. His walk with God only grew stronger, his faithfulness to Father intensified. What was meant to rob him of joy and bring discouragement was instead turned into a testimony for the glory of God.

Dale is now free from the pains of this world and is now resting in the arms of his Savior. I will see you again, Sweetheart. I love you so very much."  ~Cheryl

Dale is survived by his wife :Cheryl Huffman. His children: Mellissa A Dishman, Katie Bryan , Amy Tonsgard, Kilie Barnes , Jarah Huffman, Daniel Huffman, Tony Tew , and Kacey Rose . His grandchildren: Kassie Tew, Roxy Tew, Haley, Lorelai, Valerie, Natalie, Landis, Daylon, LeeRay, and Zev. He sister: Joann Huffman-Erickson of Michigan.

Dale is preceded in death by his father Dale Huffman Sr., his mother Joan Huffman, and brother Donald Huffman. 

*This is written in lieu of a newspaper article because Dale loved, and was loved by, many all over the USA and abroad. Please feel free to share a testimony of how Dale touched your life."

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:45 pm

While we and his family are sad at his leaving he is now experiencing the greatest joy possible. 
I only knew Dale on the boards but appreciated his work.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:30 am

BIG LOSS to the Christian Metal Community! He is rejoicing now!
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:12 pm

While I didn't know him, I dedicated last week's Metal Blessing Radio show to him. This was before his passing though. I know a lot of DJs are doing dedication shows.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Dale Huffman Meandd10
Met Dale in 2012, I think.....He was Exactly the same person he was on the net.

Welcome Home Dale.
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Today would have been Dale's 52nd birthday.  Please keep his family and loved ones in your prayers, as I am sure today will be a difficult reminder of his passing for many.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down