Hello Again...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello Again...

Post by jimmypbrownii on Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:26 pm

Hello All...

WOW!!! What a time I have had to get re registered... Every time I tried my old username, it wouldn't take... So, I tried to register a new name, it wouldn't take... 

Ok, so it took me a while, but looks like I am on here again...

So, it looks like there's been a little chatter about the crowdfunding here... So, let's talk about that a little...

I read the thread about it... Not sure if I "backpedaled" or what that comment is referring to, but none the less, the album is going to be in the vein of the old days...

No Bowie'esque vocals, No Big Themes, Just plain, raw and real Old Skool Deliverance!!!

Jim Chaffin and Victor Macias are on board!

George has a lot going on with working on his next Symphonic Metal Masterpiece for WorldView... Along with another exciting record that I will let him divulge the info on... But, it sounds really AWESOME from what he has told me about it... Plus George owns his own business, and it would've meant a lot of traveling and time away to make this happen as we are recording the entirety of the album in Alabama where I live currently...

We do have another guitar player that we are working with, but we it'll have to be a surprise! But, we are REALLY excited about it!!!

I agree with the last poster on that thread though... I would've thought there'd be a bit more buzz about this, but the reality is that there have been multiple times that a "Return to the Old Days" would be, and it just didn't happen...

But, rest assured... While we are not going to repeat the past for the sake of past, as in copying old riffs and such, but we are returning to that 4 guys in a room, bashing it out and hitting the record button vibe! Not an over produced venture, we want it real! And with Jim Chaffin on drums and Victor Macias on the bass, I think it can't get any better than that to find the old sound again!!!

So that is that... Jim and I already decided, even if we only raise half the funds, we are still doing this regardless!!! Its something he, Victor and myself really want to do...

So, we hope you help promote this, even if thats the only way to contribute... :-)

So, what else has been going on??? I hope all is well... I see a lot of new names here... So, its nice to get back in the mix when I can...

Take care all, and I appreciate that some of you were all over helping this venture out... It really means a lot...

Hope to chat with you all soon...

Blessings,
JPBII

jimmypbrownii
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Again...

Post by New Creation on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:04 pm

I will be backing this in February. Green vinyl here I come!
New Creation
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Nice to have you around, Jimmy. I'm looking forward to the new album.
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmypbrownii on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:30 pm

Awesome... Good to be around!!!

Green Vinyl!!! YEAH!!!!

jimmypbrownii
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Any chance of any live shows in Alabama?  My band would be happy to open for you.

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:38 pm

Wow cool knowing some more info on whos playing on this record!

Cant wait to hear it!

I'll be backing sometime this coming month as well!
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:59 pm

I haven't backed yet either.  Maybe I'm part of the problem with the lack of buzz Sad .  I'm a long-time Deliverance fan.  I want to back this.  I intend to back this.  I've just got a little financial uncertainty right now.  If I can't back it then I hope to purchase a CD when it's released.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:16 pm

While I do have a lot of Deliverance CDs in my coolection, I am probably the one oddball that would PREFER the Bowie type vocals and style from those days.  So, I will probably wait until this comes out to hear some samples before I get it.  I just never cared for the speedier metal days.  But, I do wish you guys the best with this.  I hope that, after I hear a little, that I fall in love with it and end up having to buy it anyway.
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:26 pm

See, now i'm more interested then I was.  Twisted Evil
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:13 am

Great news all around, looking forward to this. When it is complete and you start on your NEXT project I am hoping for more Jupiter VI as that was my favorite release from the past couple of years. Still spin that disc. In fact, I think I need to play it right now (from my phone).
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmypbrownii on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:57 am

Haha! A JVI Fan!!!

Awesome...

I am thankful that there are fans out there looking forward to it... I know I am looking forward to working with Jim and Vic in the studio... It'll be a blast!!!

So, I do have to say this...

I really do apologize to those who have heard the "Return to Form" thing, only to be disappointed in the end result! I truly appreciate those who prefer the Bowie type vocals and the latter more emotive style that I took the band. But, Deliverance was founded as a Thrash/Speed Metal band! And I believe I took my artistic license to move through directional changes very liberally... LOL...

Now that I look back, and after talking with some artists I have massive respect for, their advice was that I should've did the turns in direction in the environment of a solo career away from Deliverance... And whether "D" ceased or continued it should've stayed in the metal realm while my solo records explored the other areas of music I have always wanted to try... 

I guess since "D" was always my baby since I was 15 years old, I felt like I had to prove a point with each recording, instead of taking the fan into consideration as well as just enjoying the moment... 

In any case, I have been called Bi-Polar, indecisive, a mental case, amongst other wonderful honorifics, LOL... But, I am pretty excited about doing a new "D" record with guys I've wanted to work with for a long time...

JPBII

jimmypbrownii
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:24 pm

meh...do what you want, it's your band (and that's from a guy that like speed/thrash metal the best)
crucifyd
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider on Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:46 pm

It's been yours to do with what you want and people can then do what they want with it.
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:20 pm

Hey Jimmy!  I must say it's refreshing to hear you say what so many D fans have thought for so long.  I think it's cool that you are open and honest about the things you could have/should have done differently with D.  That said, bring on Pulling Down of Strongholds, Return to Form, or whatever you want to call D's 4th speed/thrash album.  If you stick to your word, I can't imagine a scenario where you wouldn't attract a whole new generation of D fans in addition to the return of your most loyal fans.  I'm sure you guys are capable of producing another monster that is every bit as good as all the other thrash releases in what has been quite a thrash resurgence.  As for production, just be on par with the first three and it should be perfect. Godspeed!

Last edited by average joe on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:09 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

average joe
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:20 pm

Oh, and you should drop in at NoLifeTilMetal.  It sounds like many felt like they were misled into thinking the last one would appeal to original D speed/thrash fans.  

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t23850-new-deliverance-in-2017

Last edited by average joe on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

average joe
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:03 pm

It looks like I am one of the few that enjoyed Hear What I Say. I guess the album could be a bit heavier, but the songs are good, I even enjoyed the ballad.

As I also enjoyed As Above - So Below (it is a great album, I don't know why people dislike it), I am very curious about how will the next album sound, regardless the return to form promise. So, I will certainly back this project within a week or two.
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:09 pm

I liked just about every song on Hear What I Say, I enjoyed the few more modern sounding thrash tracks, but I have to be honest, I dont really spin it that often when I listen to Deliverance, I always go back to the first 4 albums, and I really hope ya'll can release an album that will stand the test of time alongside those albums.
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.electric40 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:15 am

DUDE!!!

Great to read your post!!!  I dont get around here much at all these days... Life changes and other things take priority...

I've enjoyed your stuff since we (Soldier and White Throne dudes) first saw you guys back in 87 at the first HIS Festival in Riverside!!...

Y'know I'll play it all on The Throne Room...

You Jim and Victor!!!  this will scream with a mystery guitarist!!!  

Oh MY!!!  Yes I love the Jupiter VI stuff and Fearful Symmetry two!!

Blessings from Nor Cal!!

Thumbs up
mr.electric40
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:21 am

All in....will be backing this on payday!!!
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Have already backed this, the day it went live, and I for one can't wait.  Kansas City area must be a tour stop for you would love to see you live again.
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 6stringgrind on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:17 am

I think everything up through "Learn" is golden. But I'm REALLY happy to hear you're going into full-throttle thrash mode again. The last couple haven't quite hit the mark for me, but I have a good feeling about this one. REALLY stoked that Victor's involved. Can't wait to see who you recruited for lead guitar.

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum