The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars - Episode VIII - THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!

+4
eatbugs
Hardcore Christian
MikeInFla
New Creation
8 posters

Go down

Star Wars - Episode VIII - THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!! Empty Star Wars - Episode VIII - THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!

Post by New Creation Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:10 am

Now that Rogue One has had it's moment (and what a great moment it is!), it's time to start looking forward to EP VIII !!!!!

I just love all things Star Wars. CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

I wonder when we'll get our first teaser trailer?

It is not unheard of for a December movie to get a teaser during the Super Bowl. I remember they did this for The Matrix back in 1999.

If they don't give us a teaser during the Super Bowl, then I bet they are going to make us wait painfully until summertime when they show it in front of a Marvel movie like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 or Spider-Man: Homecoming.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Star Wars - Episode VIII - THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!! Empty Re: Star Wars - Episode VIII - THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Just announced!

Star Wars - Episode VIII - THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!! 220px-Star_Wars_The_Last_Jedi
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Star Wars - Episode VIII - THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!! Empty Re: Star Wars - Episode VIII - THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!!

Post by New Creation Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Just came back to post this. Epic find!

I like the title.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:18 pm

Star Wars fans get excited!
The highly anticipated follow-up to Star Wars: The Force Awakens has received an official title and release date. Star Wars: Episode VIII is titled Star Wars: The Last Jedi and will land in theaters Dec. 15, 2017. "It's official. STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI is the next chapter of the Skywalker saga. This December. #TheLastJedi," the official Twitter account for the franchise tweeted Monday morning. 
The Last Jedi is written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman and executive produced by J.J. AbramsJason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:35 pm

The Last Jedi

Hmmm, at first, I was thinking it could be referring to Rey. But, then I remembered that the singular and plural of Jedi are the same, so it could be referring to Luke, Rey, and others.

Hmmmmmm
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Well, at first I thought it could mean it had plot elements relating to the book, The Last Jedi

Star Wars - Episode VIII - THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!! Latest?cb=20120816013949

Probably not as I have just read the plot, which takes place right after Order 66, and is about Vader hunting down fugitive Jedi
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:06 pm

I was just reminded today, that in the scrolling text for TFA, it calls Luke "the last jedi"
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:04 pm

New Creation wrote:I was just reminded today, that in the scrolling text for TFA, it calls Luke "the last jedi"

Yes, and Yoda called him that in Return of the Jedi.

I hope I'm just reading way too much into it (Lucasfilm probably did it on purpose to worry guys like me) but replacing yellow with red worries me a little.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:57 pm

I hope Captain Picard beats Dark Vader this time. *ducks and runs*

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:02 pm

undead toaster wrote:I hope Captain Picard beats Dark Vader this time. *ducks and runs*

I'm a big Trekkie as well, but you'd better duck and run, this here be Star Wars territory! Don't make me pull out my blaster!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:25 pm

eatbugs wrote:
New Creation wrote:I was just reminded today, that in the scrolling text for TFA, it calls Luke "the last jedi"

Yes, and Yoda called him that in Return of the Jedi.

I hope I'm just reading way too much into it (Lucasfilm probably did it on purpose to worry guys like me) but replacing yellow with red worries me a little.
Never thought of either of these points, and I hope thats too much reading into it Razz
New Creation wrote:
undead toaster wrote:I hope Captain Picard beats Dark Vader this time. *ducks and runs*

I'm a big Trekkie as well, but you'd better duck and run, this here be Star Wars territory! Don't make me pull out my blaster!
I'll pull out my phaser!
alien
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:05 am

I have this shirt and wear it from time to time.

Star Wars - Episode VIII - THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!! Star-Wars-No-1-Fan
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:54 am

Wow. I didn't realize there were that many Star Wars films.

A little off topic, but I don't understand why the entertainment industry keeps reanimating the corpses of old ideas. Look at Super Mario. I mean, the first one came out in 85 and they just keep coming out with more and more and more.... and while there's new gameplay aspects to the newer games, every entry makes me wondering why they didn't apply those same aspects to something that's not an overweight Italian plumber.

How about a fresh idea instead of constantly reinventing the idea and retelling the same story from decades ago?
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:28 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:How about a fresh idea instead of constantly reinventing the idea and retelling the same story from decades ago?

Because there are those of us willing to pay for those regurgitations.

I do agree however, that Hollywood is dominated by sequels, prequels, remakes, reboots, movies based on books, movies based on comics, movies based on video and board games, etc. Original stories are hard to come by if people are willing to pay for items in this list.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:22 pm

Star Wars - Episode VIII - THE COUNTDOWN IS ON!!! GyYs9WU
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:03 am

Ha!  I needed a laugh tonight.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:17 am

That's brilliant haha!

In all seriousness, I've never been big into Star Wars or Star Trek even since my family didn't really do movies and stuff like that. But as I've been exposed to the Star Wars movies and stuff like Star Trek NG, I can see why it draws people, and if I had the time, I would be trying hard to catch myself up haha.

So I'm looking forward to maybe seeing this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:40 am

The Force Awakens was good even if it were almost a scene by scene ripoff of the original film.

With the awesomeness of Rogue One, though, I am super stoked about The Last Jedi.  Just knowing that Abrams isn't directing means they are moving in the right direction!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:15 am

I recently thought of something. The expanded universe was killed of into being "legends" for the sake of total creative freedom. But why use that freedom to be hardly creative at all? Looking at the new movie title, there will be some sort of bottleneck in relation to the number of Jedi... again.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:20 pm

Andreas89 wrote:I recently thought of something. The expanded universe was killed of into being "legends" for the sake of total creative freedom. But why use that freedom to be hardly creative at all? Looking at the new movie title, there will be some sort of bottleneck in relation to the number of Jedi... again.

They had already established that with The Force Awakens.  The Knights of Ren, Kylo's band of Sith wannabees, killed off the Jedi students that Luke was training.  Of course, let us remember that Jedi is both singular and plural, so it could be referring to more than one "last" Jedi as Luke is being brought back into the fight and Rey is definitely more than just force-sensitive.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:14 am

alldatndensum wrote:The Force Awakens was good even if it were almost a scene by scene ripoff of the original film.

The more I watch it, the more I agree. Abrams was very good at bringing the Star Wars universe to life, but as for an original story, it sure wasn't.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:20 am

I know about TFA, that one was actually included in my comment. Not much of a complaint, more pointing out an inconsistency.

By the way, lack of originality won't stop me from enjoying such films. I just liked the EU better I guess Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:11 pm

After rewatching the Episodes I-III, I'd like to see them redo the bad graphics in those. I know it was cutting edge at the time, but now it is not. To me the special effects in IV-VI still hold up.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:15 am

On the subject of the prequel trilogy, I actually love it. It's a bit like what Gloryhammer or Twilight Force are to symphonic power metal; meaning over the top. Plus, it's nostalgia to me.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:22 am

deathisgain wrote:After rewatching the Episodes I-III, I'd like to see them redo the bad graphics in those. I know it was cutting edge at the time, but now it is not. To me the special effects in IV-VI still hold up.

Seriously?  The graphics in 4-6 had to be redone for the reissues because you could see the blocks around the ships where they did their stop action capture.  You could tell the Imperial Walkers were moved little by little and photographed to make them move.  Those in the original versions look super fake as they came out in 78-83.  The prequels, episodes 1-3, look super slick. 

The only thing that needs to be done to the prequels is a total rewrite and start over.  I like the movies, but the acting is flat.  The villians in each movie are rushed and forced never giving you a feeling that they are Sith in the making.  They just had to have someone to fight and Lucas threw in an expendible character.  Disney has done better with their two films so far, even with TFA being a rip off of the first Star Wars film, than Lucas did with his last three.  Lucas almost destroyed his own franchise by not allowing someone else to direct his films and not getting someone to really help him with the writing.  While I am not an Abrams fan, he still did better than Lucas and I am glad that the franchise was sold.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down