Why did Jayson Sherlock leave MORTIFICATION? Anyone know?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why did Jayson Sherlock leave MORTIFICATION? Anyone know?

Post by Temple of Blood on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:10 pm

?

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Re: Why did Jayson Sherlock leave MORTIFICATION? Anyone know?

Post by metaldude on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:52 pm

I read an interview with Steve Rowe that said one of the reasons was Morti moving away from the death/grind style.
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Thanks.  Dude was so awesome in the band.

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:31 pm

If you read the biography of Steve Rowe you found a few lines about it.

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Metallynx on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:10 am

Here: http://www.asthestorygrows.com/episodes/19162-jayson-sherlock-of-revulsed-mortification

You can listen to what the dude himself has to say about the matter. It's almost two hours thou and obviously not just about that thing. As far as I can understand it was mainly studying which lead him away from the band at the time. Very interesting listening one way or another, if you have almost two hours to spread...
Metallynx
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:23 am

There is a couple of lines about it in the Steve Rowe book. There is no mention of how the relationship among those two were at the time, but I remember that the book says: "Jayson approached me and said: 'I am leaving for a band with a real vocalist' "

Sadly, they never did a gig or an album together since those early days, so I guess there's no friendship among them.
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LexMetalis on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
Sadly, they never did a gig or an album together since those early days, so I guess there's no friendship among them.

LexMetalis
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:46 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:There is a couple of lines about it in the Steve Rowe book. There is no mention of how the relationship among those two were at the time, but I remember that the book says: "Jayson approached me and said: 'I am leaving for a band with a real vocalist' "

Bad assumption.

"Back in the day we were involved in a lot of controversy. In 1994 I paid for Jayson Sherlock to do the Horde album (Hellig Usvart) which is black metal. He calls it unBlack metal. Hellig Usvart means “Holy Unblack” I said it sounds like a good idea to me because everyone’s listening to Darkthrone, Mayhem, Burzum, and whoever. (Nuclear Blast received death threats from people in the black metal scene about the record) Everything he touches is brilliant musically. He and I are on a bit different perspectives musically. He doesn’t want to do anything that’s quirky or cheesy whereas I don’t mind that. That’s kind of where we’re different. Like when I did “Flight of Victory” which is the bass solo instrumental on Post Momentary Affliction it just made him cringe. That’s fine; I mean it’s just different perspectives. He wants everything to be brutal and serious.
MM: I believe he’s in a death metal band again now, right?
SR: Yes, a band called Revulsed. They’re on an American label and got an American vocalist. They did a gig a couple weeks ago. I couldn’t make it though, unfortunately. Jayson and I see each other and we’re fine. He’s just redone the Post Momentary Affliction album cover so we’ve been in contact because that’s being released on vinyl."

http://metalmofos.com/steve-rowe-of-mortification-talks-metal-with-the-mofos/
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:05 am

i wish these dorks on the podcast would shut up and let Jayson Sherlock talk!

my word!

jaydeecrawson
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:20 am

Yeah, they are pretty dorky and rambling or unprepared most of the time.  That's my big peeve with that podcast.  And yet they get great guests -- probably because they're the only ones doing a podcast for those obscure kinds of Christian metal guests!

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by JPK72 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:10 am

Jayson came back to the band to do the live Planetarium album at Blackstump in 1993 (I am there front row) also the night before I did sound for them at a gig in Wollongong and again the next year we had Mortification in Wollongong and Phil was on drums and Paramecium were in support with Jayson on drums, Steve and Jayson were talking and getting along fine I also remember Doug van pelt and his wife were over from the USA at the time, Lincoln, Phil and Keith Bannister (who would go on to be another Mortification drummer) spent the night at my place, then we all headed up to Blackstump the next night but I do remember Jayson not being a fan of Phils softer style of drumming
JPK72
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum