The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another gone mad or am I in sin?

4 posters

Go down

Another gone mad or am I in sin? Empty Another gone mad or am I in sin?

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:56 pm

The band Agonal have been posting loads of comments and views on Christian Metal and how you'll go to hell listening to it, slagging off bands like Demon Hunter..... disgusting behaviour in my opinion.  Didn't Joshua do this with Michael Sweet and Stryper? 

There's no such thing as Christian metal music.
Do you want rid of all your depression, unworthiness, negative thoughts, suicide, ego, pride, and hatred? Gotta let metal go forever. Choose this day whom you will serve. This is my testimony after 8 years of being in BONDAGE BY SATAN from "CHRISTIAN" METAL MUSIC. it SOUNDS great it FEELS great but will DRAG you to HELL i PROMISE. I love your souls and want you in heaven with me , I BEG you fellow believers to at least take HEED TO THESE WORDS FROM THE LORD. 
You can't serve God and the world. Which do you love more? SATAN'S MUSIC OR GOD IT'S YOUR CHOICE. You can't have both.
Do the men in Demon Hunter look like holy men who preach the gospel? There is order and acceptable ways of serving God. Metal music is unacceptable. Peace be unto you all in the name of Christ Jesus, now glorified forever. Stop making him look bad and dragging his name through the MUD. I know you love him but your eyes have been blinded by the god of this world Lucifer.

Another gone mad or am I in sin? 15965273_1415608571782514_3314955848687446353_n
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Another gone mad or am I in sin? Empty Re: Another gone mad or am I in sin?

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:52 pm

I've seen this with quite a few former musicians in the Christian metal scene - all of a sudden thinking the SOUND of metal is evil.  Corey from Goredeath (underground Christian death metal from 1999-2000) did this.  One of the guys from Hawthorn did the same thing.  (he left because he felt the sound of metal summoned demons or something like that)

There's nothing in the Bible that says A style of music is acceptable and B style of music is evil.  I think this whole thing is little more than taking a personal conviction and making it everyone else's too.  (like if I cried anyone who drinks alcohol is a sinner because I myself am an alcoholic and drinking causes me to fall - which is definitely a sin, for me)

It seems reminiscent of some denominations stressing the emphasis on "beat" in the music as something that CANNOT be Christian.  While I don't understand bailing on a genre of music for that reason, I do respect it.  (as I respect anyone who's trying to adhere to their faith-based convictions)

What I don't respect is them saying its wrong for EVERYONE when its they themselves who have a problem with it.

That Demon Hunter meme is definitely misguided.  John 15:19, John 17:14-16 and Romans 12:2 all press the point of being "in the world, not of it". I think these verses are HUGELY misinterpreted when they're applied to aesthetics. Some people might think tattoos and piercings are worldly, but wouldn't being clean shaven and wearing a suit also be worldly?

I think being "worldly" is all about how we respond and react.  Is it Christ-like?  "Worldly" is not individual words, pictures, dress or what sounds we make...

As far as Christian music itself, I mean - its a complex topic.  Go to orationem.com and just read the lyrics.  I intentionally wrote them to be boldly Christian and this is one of the many reasons I accept the term "Christian" in regards to my music.

I could fully see how someone could say there's no such thing as Christian music altogether.  Only music that goes with the Christian faith, and goes against it - what with music being an inanimate creation and all.

Its not like Orationem CDs go to heaven when they die and Marduk ones don't.  (LOL)  ...and its quite possible someone could listen to Orationem, not know what the lyrics are and decide its evil because of the harsh and abrasive sound coming from it.  My "Christian" music would in fact be evil TO THEM for that very reason.

...but again, this all falls back to personal conviction.  If its personal to think metal can't be Christian, there's actually nothing wrong it it.  Measuring everyone else up to that though, is very wrong - in my opinion.

Last edited by ThomasEversole on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Could their Facebook page possibly be hacked, some of the comments are plain crazy!!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Its possible!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:27 pm

I went and skimmed all the posts going back 2 days. It doesn't look hacked to me. Someone like Bill Gothard got to him. They got to me, TWICE, many years ago and I have still not fully recovered from the damage they (and I) did.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:32 pm

New Creation wrote:I went and skimmed all the posts going back 2 days. It doesn't look hacked to me. Someone like Bill Gothard got to him. They got to me, TWICE, many years ago and I have still not fully recovered from the damage they (and I) did.

Who's Bill Gothard?
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:37 pm

My Awesome Timothy, I'm totally teasing you with this... Wink
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Bill+Gothard
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:43 pm

My Awesome Timothy wrote:
New Creation wrote:I went and skimmed all the posts going back 2 days. It doesn't look hacked to me. Someone like Bill Gothard got to him. They got to me, TWICE, many years ago and I have still not fully recovered from the damage they (and I) did.

Who's Bill Gothard?

A formerly internationally known Christian speaker. Known for extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY legalistic views. (He makes most Baptists look like flaming liberals.)

http://archive.youthministry.com/details.asp?ID=2839

ThomasEversole wrote:My Awesome Timothy, I'm totally teasing you with this...  Wink
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Bill+Gothard

LOL
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Even as a non-Christian, based on the feeling I get from hearing some music (some metal, some more shamanistic folk, etc), I can understand why someone can genuinely believe it's evil and dangerous.

That said, I find the "worldly" criticism to be rather odd when directed at metal bands - more like an excuse to justify discomfort than anything else. Pull a random Christian and a random non-Christian off the street and in all likelihood you won't be able to tell them apart too quickly, and yet they won't get denounced for being "worldly". My interpretation of the Bible's "worldly" is similar to what Thomas said.

Also "Stop making him look bad and dragging his name through the MUD" just brought to mind "you take the name of love divine and drag it through your blood" (Demon Hunter - Sixteen) and made me laugh a little.

Last edited by undead toaster on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:29 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:My Awesome Timothy, I'm totally teasing you with this...  Wink
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Bill+

Lol!!! lol!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:20 pm

I will ONLY say this one thing about this topic.  Jon is following the same path I have seen many times in others who have done this same thing.  

First it starts telling people they are going to hell if they celebrate Christmas
Second they then come out and start this Metal Is Evil Kick.

And third when you disagree with them they ALWAYS RESORT TO NAME CALLING.  

In this case he goes from telling people they are going to hell to calling them Dumb and Evil and Stupid all before calling himself a "Prophet"

The very next thing that ALWAYS HAPPENS and indeed happened in this case as well is that on their personal page the go on a rant about how they are some how being "crucified" or are being slandered or in general otherwise make themselves out to be a martyr for the flack they take for their stance.

The problem with this is that they are confronted by confusion as to their sudden, in this case from October to January a COMPLETE 180 on his stance, change in direction.  Then He becomes confrontational and instead of explaining his choice or why he came to it he immediately becomes hostile and resorts to name calling and putting down the very people he says  he "LOVES"  Well he claims he is doing this in Christ's name yet he is acting more like the people over on the secular metal sites act toward Christians.  How is insulting people and calling them names being even the least little bit Christ like? There is very LITTLE in his multiple posts and responses to everyone that is even remotely  Christ like.  The Bible NOWHERE shows Christ acting the way Jon has been acting in his posts or responses.

With that said I forgive him and Pray that He will ACTUALLY see the light instead of becoming the very reason people turn from Christ in the first place.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:44 pm

undead toaster wrote:
That said, I find the "worldly" criticism to be rather odd when directed at metal bands - more like an excuse to justify discomfort than anything else.

Nailed it. Its like "Where are the straws? I need to grab some. Any straws will do!!"

Larry, I agree with you that we need to pray for this person. Those rantings of his are not coming from a mind at peace.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum