The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some direction from the experts here

+3
Blake
Andreas89
11razorwire
7 posters

Go down

Need some direction from the experts here Empty Need some direction from the experts here

Post by 11razorwire Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Been getting really into Living Sacrifice, Antestor and Impending Doom of late. This has led me into discovering Christian bands that do Brutal Death and Slam Death metal. I want some input on what bands and, more specifically, what albums in these sub-genres are must haves. Been cranking some Broken Flesh, Syringe and Abated Mass of Suffering while watching college football this afternoon and want some advice from y'all. Thanks.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Need some direction from the experts here Empty Re: Need some direction from the experts here

Post by Andreas89 Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:31 am

I'm not an expert but I hope me posting here will attract more attention from the people who are experts Smile
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Need some direction from the experts here Empty Re: Need some direction from the experts here

Post by Blake Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:58 am

I'm not big into Slam but I know of The Empty Tomb who does slam death. Aside from that I am pretty fond of Krig.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:32 pm

I'm no expert but Abated Mass and Broken Flesh are the better known ones. For more info. go here. https://www.facebook.com/ChristianBrutalDeathMetal/
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sadvader Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Revulsed
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:33 pm

Since you mentioned Impending Doom, you may like With Blood Comes Cleansing.

Back to top Go down

Post by sadvader Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:56 pm

Vomitorial Corpulence, Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
sadvader
sadvader
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.sadbatu.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 pm

11razorwire wrote:Been getting really into Living Sacrifice, Antestor and Impending Doom of late. This has led me into discovering Christian bands that do Brutal Death and Slam Death metal. I want some input on what bands and, more specifically, what albums in these sub-genres are must haves. Been cranking some Broken Flesh, Syringe and Abated Mass of Suffering while watching college football this afternoon and want some advice from y'all. Thanks.
Not really an expert on older Living Sacrifice, or newer Antestor, but I can help in the Impending Doom area
undead toaster wrote:Since you mentioned Impending Doom, you may like With Blood Comes Cleansing.
I totally recommend With Blood Comes Cleansing as well!

Id also say check out I Built The Cross and 7 Horns 7 Eyes.

Last edited by Hardcore Christian on Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:28 pm

sadvader wrote:Revulsed
I also second Revulsed as they have ex-Mortification founding member, Jayson Sherlock on drums
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Awesome stuff, looking forward to checking some of these bands out. Thanks.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:59 pm

I don't listen to much slam death, but you might check out 4HIM.  Amazing straight-ahead DM, if I remember correctly.
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:56 am

Impending Doom and With Blood Comes Cleansing are not brutal death or slam death. They are deathcore.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Blake wrote:Impending Doom and With Blood Comes Cleansing are not brutal death or slam death. They are deathcore.
Thats why I gave him some more options in that vein
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum