The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Affiance (I just found these guys through a Maiden cover.............)

2 posters

Go down

Affiance (I just found these guys through a Maiden cover.............) Empty Affiance (I just found these guys through a Maiden cover.............)

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:10 am

Just found these guys!!!!

Of course through a Iron Maiden cover....

They aren't your average modern band...

They have many elements strewn throughout
What do you guys think they sound like? Genre wise?

They have a pretty progressive sound, occasional metalcor-ey break downs, sometimes even a power metal attitude with vocal delivery

Maybe I'm over thinking them but IMO they sound pretty unique

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Affiance (I just found these guys through a Maiden cover.............) Empty Re: Affiance (I just found these guys through a Maiden cover.............)

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:40 pm

They're quite good! I can only handle them in small doses, but they're very talented. The music isn't anything really new, but the vocals for that style are pretty unique, not to mention highly impressive. The only band I know of that one could say they sound close to is Protest the Hero.

Back to top Go down

Affiance (I just found these guys through a Maiden cover.............) Empty Re: Affiance (I just found these guys through a Maiden cover.............)

Post by exo Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Very good stuff.

Similar vein to 4ARM and Sylosis, maybe a little Meshiaak.....at least to my ears.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:30 pm

Really? It sounds nothing like Sylosis to me. I haven't really followed them since The Campaign though. Love Sylosis immensely though.

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:19 pm

Sylosis hasn't released anything by that name?  Maybe you're thinking of a different band?

The only Sylosis disc I have currently is Monolith, though.  They're definitely proggier/death-ier than Affiance, but I still hear similarity.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:25 pm

I meant The Campaign by Affiance (I think everything Hardcore Christian posted is from after that), should have been more clear. I haven't listened to Monolith too much, mainly Dormant Heart. I'll have to go back and see Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down