Rob Rock band

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rob Rock band

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:39 am

Rob Rock will be in São Paulo within the next couple of weeks. Of course, I see it as an one time opportunity, so there is no way I will miss it.

However, it looks like the band isn't been active in the last few years, so I don't know exactly what to expect. I mean, I doubt he will bring his band from Sweden as he used to (with CJ Grimmark, Andreas Passmark, Andreas Johanson). Does anyone have a clue on whose members his band could have for this tour?

Have anyone been recently into a Rob Rock concert? What would the playlist be? I need to listen to Rob Rock albums, so I can be familiar with his lyrics once again and sing along.

Any info would be appreciated.
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Rob Rock band

Post by jusma on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:49 pm

I saw Rob Rock in July 2014. He had the same band as he has on the DVD: CJ, Daniel, Andreas and Anders.
jusma
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:05 pm

jusma wrote:I saw Rob Rock in July 2014. He had the same band as he has on the DVD: CJ, Daniel, Andreas and Anders.
Great to know, dude. Can you imagine Rob Rock and CJ Grimmark on the same night? It is like two for the price of one.

But I see that you are in Finland, so it was easier to carry a Swedish band instead of an American band through the Europe.

I guess it would be too much expensive to bring this band to Brazil. But I hope I am wrong.

What about the set list, was itsimilar to what we see in the DVD?
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:50 pm

I don't think CJ Grimmark will be playing where Narnia has started up again and has a new album out. I am thinking that Rob will play his solo stuff, Driver and some Impellitteri stuff. I would love to see him or Impelliteri in concert.
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LexMetalis on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:46 pm

Exist a great chance in cancel the Sao Paulo concert. A friend of mine that work with the organization told me that only LeatherLeone and Tim Ripper will play (the poster will be redone)
LexMetalis
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by shekkian on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:11 am

I saw Rob Rock singing for Gus G. They did mostly songs from Gus G's solo album, along with some Ozzy stuff, but they also did this one song they recorded together from Garden of Chaos. (I don't remember the title off the top of my head. Maybe someone can remind me.)

shekkian
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:37 am

LexMetalis wrote:Exist a great chance in cancel the Sao Paulo concert. A friend of mine that work with the organization told me that only LeatherLeone and Tim Ripper will play (the poster will be redone)
That would be really sad. I already have the ticket on hand, and I don't really care about either Leone or Ripper. I was kind of waiting for Rob Rock to do his solo stuff first, then I could walk away just after that.

I will certainly go for a refund on this one. Shame on the organization companies in São Paulo. How come the concert in Rio be confirmed and not in São Paulo?
People in Rio doesn't even like metal.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I will keep an eye on this. If there is any news on this and you could spread, I would appreciatte it.
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:44 am

I just took a look on the pub website and they took the poster off their website.

http://manifestobar.com.br/pt/?page_id=15

Unbelievable!!! Sad

I might try to attend to the Argentina concert, but I doubt I can make it at such short notice.
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:43 pm

LexMetalis wrote:Exist a great chance in cancel the Sao Paulo concert. A friend of mine that work with the organization told me that only LeatherLeone and Tim Ripper will play (the poster will be redone)
 So Chastain sans David T. Chastain?
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LexMetalis on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:39 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
That would be really sad. I already have the ticket on hand, and I don't really care about either Leone or Ripper. I was kind of waiting for Rob Rock to do his solo stuff first, then I could walk away just after that.

I will certainly go for a refund on this one. Shame on the organization companies in São Paulo. How come the concert in Rio be confirmed and not in São Paulo?

Anyway, thanks for the info, I will keep an eye on this. If there is any news on this and you could spread, I would appreciatte it.

"People in Rio doesn't even like metal"

Are you crazy?

I'm from Rio guy, I saw a lot of concerts in Rio ... I hope this was not his real intention, was very offensive ¬¬
LexMetalis
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by LexMetalis on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:47 pm

Unfortunately, Rob Rock can not play the SP show (the Project "Metal Voices" with Tim Ripper Owens "Official Page" and Leather Leone, on 25/09, the Manifesto Bar). The reason is the bureaucracu to get a work permit for him to continue here, as among the dates of Brazil, he would make a mini tour in Asia, which ended up creating all this impasse. With this, it will be only the RJ show.

The Scelza Productions is responsible for the shows of Leather Leone and Rob Rock, and regrets the incident, promising to reschedule a date with the singer in São Paulo, as soon as possible.

In Sao Paulo will take place the show with Tim Ripper Owens and Leather Leone, on 25/09, the Manifesto Bar. Both will make their full shows.

Silvio Rocha, owner of Open the Road Agency - Booking & Management, and responsible place at SP show, is said upset by the cancellation by which Rob Rock was forced to do, and gave the following statement: "We were taken by surprise, and only we have to regret the show will continue to Tim Ripper Owens, Leathe Leone and Siska (opening), both with their full shows who feel unconcerned by the lack of Rob Rock in the cast, you can request your refund directly by email:.. contact @ openroadagency .with "

Follow the event page of São Paulo:
https://www.facebook.com/events/302995420039296/
For those going on show in Rio de Janeiro on 16/09 at Rock Experience, Rob Rock and Leather Leone will perform normally - the problem is the mini tour in Asia, which preclude his return to Brazil, for SP show.
LexMetalis
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:17 pm

LexMetalis wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:

"People in Rio doesn't even like metal"

Are you crazy?

I'm from Rio guy, I saw a lot of concerts in Rio ... I hope this was not his real intention, was very offensive ¬¬
I was generally speaking. You know, it is very hard for brazilians to find any metal fans. However, you can find great publics in concerts with a decent propagation.

Anyway, sorry, no ofense was intended. I just don't get why the concert in Rio is on 16/09, then he would go through other countries in South America and the end the tour just a few miles from where they begun. It is really really disapointing.
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum