The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Chance To Die?

2 posters

Go down

Your Chance To Die? Empty Your Chance To Die?

Post by Ugly Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi all
I was on Firestream and was surprised to notice Your Chance To Die was not listed. Granted bands can get overlooked at times, but i figured an active band such as them would've made it on there. So i went to their FB to check them out again, since i had remembered they were working on a new album.

So my question is, does anyone know the stance this band takes with their faith now? Their new vocalist doesn't seem to reflect the slightest hint of any faith of any kind. And seems to do vocal covers of not just secular bands, but bands that are somewhat anti-God/anti-Christian (Behemoth for example).
Also there's no hint of faith anywhere on their FB, for the band. Even the photo's the band displays, wearing band shirts, seem to have shifted from Christian bands to all secular bands.
Also they posted a line from one of the lyrics off their new album and, though it was difficult to tell out of context, was pretty negative sounding. And that they highlight that negative sounding line stuck out to me. So i was just curious if anyone knew anything about them in this area now.

And before anyone jumps down my throat about judging them or nitpicks my statements notice i am looking at the picture as whole, and then Asking if anyone knows anything. I am not accusing them of anything, nor am i judging them. I just felt that, based on what i saw (or didn't see), that i would ask to see if i could learn anything factual.
It also made me wonder if the reason they weren't on Firestream was a professed change in their beliefs, either as individuals, or as a band. Again, just a question.
Ugly
Ugly
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Your Chance To Die? Empty Re: Your Chance To Die?

Post by exo Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Had a reply, apparently I managed to delete it after I posted it?

Coca and Missi are still involved in the band, Som is an addition, not a replacement.  I know they mentioned "stepping out in faith" in regards to booking studio time.

As far as photos and band shirts and whatnot....they wear shirts from bands they like, just like they always have.  I would be hesitant to read too much in to things.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugly Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:34 am

Yeah, i knew she was an addition and not a replacement. But i still see nothing about her being a Christian.
As far as the shirts, like i said already, i am looking at the whole picture, not focusing on any one thing, so don't nitpick my post. I am not picking one thing out and basing my questions just that. I was hoping to find something more in the way of concrete information as opposed to do the very thing i asked people not to do.
Ugly
Ugly
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:12 am

After a bit o thought on the matter......this is how rumors and gossip start, so in the interest of NOT having that happen, I'm gonna do what I should have last night instead of trying to assuage whatever fears you have on the matter and shut this down.

You're aware they have a Facebook page, so utilize the messaging feature and ASK THE BAND DIRECTLY rather than ask the faceless internet masses "does anybody know....."

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum