The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waysted - Save Your Prayers

3 posters

Go down

Waysted - Save Your Prayers  Empty Waysted - Save Your Prayers

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Thanks to nolifetilmetal for the tip, but based on Scott's review of this album, I checked it out and ended up buying it.

The band didn't seem to be sure what they wanted to be. Some of the songs are in the Night Ranger/Journey style while many others are more of 80s hard rock sound. For my money the band sounds far better in the hard rock side. There are some real gems on this record including Walls Fall Down, Hell Comes Home, and How the West Was Won. I also think the ballad, So Long, is outstanding.

Kudos for helping me discover this great album.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Waysted - Save Your Prayers  Empty Re: Waysted - Save Your Prayers

Post by Constantine Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:39 pm

This was one of those "why wasn't this album huge?" situations. 
The album in any form was extremely hard to find for many years, in fact about 20 years ago I had paid someone to make me a CDR.  It was another 4 or so years before it finally got reissued.

Some people criticize this as paint-by-numbers AOR and some don't like Danny Vaughn's vocals, but I think this is one of the most distinctive AOR records ever.  The song-writing is top notch.  Only critique would be that Paul Chapman's guitar work is often a bit buried in the mix. 

One thing I can think of for this to be overlooked is that Waysted started out as a sub-par garage-metal band with creepy album covers (like women chained in dungeons with demons starting at them, etc.).  Maybe the fan base just wasn't there and the change in direction was too much to take in.  Plus the lack of promotion and availability of product didn't help.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:32 pm

I'm pretty certain I have a legal download of this, but it has been more than a year since I've listened to it.  I remember really liking it, but I dig that AOR kind of sound.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down