The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SkyBurnsBlack Records for those who like underground metal & punk

+2
Hardcore Christian
strangerhoncho
6 posters

Go down

SkyBurnsBlack Records for those who like underground metal & punk Empty SkyBurnsBlack Records for those who like underground metal & punk

Post by strangerhoncho Thu May 26, 2016 1:41 am

For people who like super underground Christian metal and hardcore of various types, I stumbled on this label tonight:

http://skyburnsblack.bandcamp.com/

They have a lot of bands I've never heard of.  A treasure trove...if sound quality isn't your thing.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

SkyBurnsBlack Records for those who like underground metal & punk Empty Re: SkyBurnsBlack Records for those who like underground metal & punk

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu May 26, 2016 2:38 am

The Synics Awakening and The Right Wing Conspiracy are my personal favorites
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

SkyBurnsBlack Records for those who like underground metal & punk Empty Re: SkyBurnsBlack Records for those who like underground metal & punk

Post by Kerrick Thu May 26, 2016 5:12 am

Funny, a thread on CHM was just started about SBB too!  Joshua (the guy who runs it) is a member here actually, though he doesn't come by too often.  I've ordered a handful of stuff from him and will definitely continue to support SBB.  As far as Christian extreme metal, they're putting out some of the best underground stuff!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri May 27, 2016 1:21 am

What's CHM?

I'm working my way through listening to all SBB's bands.  So far I dig Big Sleeping Lavaman, Cadaverous Contingency, and Cast the Dragon (only 1 track, but Jim Chaffin on drums!!!).

I also found Thumper Punk Records which is all punk and hardcore.  I'm digging a few of the old school hardcore bands on there. 

Glad to see some new Christian labels popping up and finding so many new bands to sign and distribute!  Maybe the Christian scenes won't die out after all....

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri May 27, 2016 1:50 am

strangerhoncho wrote:What's CHM?
Another forum that quite a few of the people here frequent as well

http://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri May 27, 2016 5:28 am

^Yup.  Smile  CHM is more geared towards hard rock and classic heavy metal, though there are folks with all tastes there.

If you're checking out SBB bands, definitely look into Above The Storm!  They're from my hometown and I am friends and go to church with some of the members.  They play very good melodic death metal.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Sacrifice Fri May 27, 2016 10:30 am

Thanks for the thread! I love me some punk and hxc music. Smile
Living Sacrifice
Living Sacrifice
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri May 27, 2016 10:33 am

Cool site. Thanks for sharing!

I kind of like Saul of Tarsus.
http://sauloftarsus-sbbr.bandcamp.com/
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri May 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Yeah, they're cool.  Kinda black metal meets old school hardcore.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri May 27, 2016 2:31 pm

I guess SkyBurnsBlack has a CD shop too with a ton more bands:

http://skyburnsblack.storenvy.com/

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 am

Of the bands on his label, I've seen the following in concert:

Saul of Tarsus
CPR
Wicked End (X3)
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Lucky.  I'm stoked to see that Wickeds End put out a new album!

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:32 pm

^ and working on the next one
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:28 pm

I just wish they'd go back to their crossover thrash style from the early days.  The new stuff is cool, but their thrash was better (and far less common these days).

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Wickeds End has reformed, hence the new album title. Practically an all new band. Only Glenn is from the previous generation.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum