The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My big news

+5
deathisgain
Athanasius
exo
KaramKaram
New Creation
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My big news Empty My big news

Post by New Creation Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:50 pm

When I rejoined the CMR last week, I told you all I had some big news.

In June, I'm traveling to the Dominican Republic with my boss on an exploratory trip.

I've been given an opportunity to work there for my current company and so we are traveling down to learn more about it. Specifically, we're looking at Las Terrenas in the Samaná Peninsula.

If all goes well, we plan to move there as a family where I will continue working from home.

Here is an actual image from Las Terrenas. This could be a daily sight in my near future!

My big news Las-Terrenas-samana-dominican-republic-34
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

My big news Empty Re: My big news

Post by KaramKaram Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Wow that look sooooo beautiful.
Congrats brother!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:44 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Wow that look sooooo beautiful.
Congrats brother!

Thank you!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Wow.  No more Michigan lakefront winter to deal with?!  Yeah, that'd be a HUGE change!

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:22 pm

exo wrote:Wow.  No more Michigan lakefront winter to deal with?!  Yeah, that'd be a HUGE change!

Yes! I've been in wintry environments my whole life. There it is 70s and 80s year round.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Sounds pretty cool.  Living near a beach like that certainly is appealing.  If I were you though, I'd definitely want to do plenty of research before moving there, especially since you have a family.  I don't know much about the Dominican Republic, but I do know that some of those Caribbean islands aren't the paradises a lot of people think they are, especially outside of the "safe" areas the tourists go to.

I must admit, 70's and 80's year round sounds pretty sweet.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Form what I've heard the Domican Republic is really nice. Haiti tho, is in horrible condition. People say that as you fly over the island, it is like a literal line has been drawn between the two sides.

A few of my brothers have lived in the Caribbean for quite a while, and yes, it is a different world. You will find out what "island time" means. Wink
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:55 pm

Nice.  Hey, if you end up missing the snow you could always come visit here in Indiana.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:36 pm

Que shock!

You know I had part of my honeymoon there. The area is very rural with tourist hotels being most of the infrastructure. The weather is hot and humid like the southern states in the summer, but all year long. Those 70's and 80's are brutal. Worse, there isn't much breeze to cool you with.

Your choice of foods will be limited. If you like beef, you'll be hurting. If you like chicken, you're gold.

The Dominican Republic isn't bad as far as Latin American countries go. If you and your family can deal with the climate, diet, and rural settings, you can have a nice life. The biggest consideration is finding a good church there. I'll try to find out for you and let you know.

I have family and friends there. Let me know if I can answer any questions to help you.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:08 am

Actually, only a couple weeks ago, a good friend of mine went on a Medical Missions trip there.

He loved the people and culture, but really saw the bad side of it when he had to of course be a doctor for the poor and destitute.

The one day he did get to go to the beach he said it was one of the greatest times of his life.

Overall he loved the people and hopes he will visit again.

I really will be constantly praying for you and your families safety while living there!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:55 am

Verbum Lux wrote:Sounds pretty cool.  Living near a beach like that certainly is appealing.  If I were you though, I'd definitely want to do plenty of research before moving there, especially since you have a family.  I don't know much about the Dominican Republic, but I do know that some of those Caribbean islands aren't the paradises a lot of people think they are, especially outside of the "safe" areas the tourists go to.

I must admit, 70's and 80's year round sounds pretty sweet.

Yes, been doing tons of research on every single thing imaginable. People, government, cops, health care, shopping, food choices, safety, everything. It helps that I at least have basic conversational Spanish, so I'll be able to talk to people upon arrival.

deathisgain wrote:Form what I've heard the Domican Republic is really nice. Haiti tho, is in horrible condition. People say that as you fly over the island, it is like a literal line has been drawn between the two sides.

A few of my brothers have lived in the Caribbean for quite a while, and yes, it is a different world. You will find out what "island time" means. Wink

I've seen that too. Plus, the Haitians don't seem to be welcome on the DR side. I found one video of a Haitian on the beach and the locals were harassing him.

messiaen77 wrote:Nice.  Hey, if you end up missing the snow you could always come visit here in Indiana.

There are definitely parts of Michigan and Indiana I'll miss if I move.

d@v!d wrote:Que shock!

You know I had part of my honeymoon there. The area is very rural with tourist hotels being most of the infrastructure. The weather is hot and humid like the southern states in the summer, but all year long. Those 70's and 80's are brutal. Worse, there isn't much breeze to cool you with.

Your choice of foods will be limited. If you like beef, you'll be hurting. If you like chicken, you're gold.

The Dominican Republic isn't bad as far as Latin American countries go. If you and your family can deal with the climate, diet, and rural settings, you can have a nice life. The biggest consideration is finding a good church there. I'll try to find out for you and let you know.

I have family and friends there. Let me know if I can answer any questions to help you.

Rural is awesome. I've lived rural here as well. One time in Colorado, my wife, children and I lived in a town of 200 people that had NO services/businesses except for one little bar on the end of town. Nearest grocery store was about 20 minutes away by highway and it was tiny. Nearest Walmart was over an hour away and even that was a small town.

Climate will take some getting used to. We're not used to the humidity or the heat as we've always lived in Colorado, Indiana and Michigan.

Church is a non-issue. Being a former pastor, we do home church as a family anyways.

Education is a non-issue as we only home educate our children which is perfectly legal there.

Hardcore Christian wrote:Actually, only a couple weeks ago, a good friend of mine went on a Medical Missions trip there.

He loved the people and culture, but really saw the bad side of it when he had to of course be a doctor for the poor and destitute.

The one day he did get to go to the beach he said it was one of the greatest times of his life.

Overall he loved the people and hopes he will visit again.

I really will be constantly praying for you and your families safety while living there!

I keep hearing about the people and how neat they are. I'm really looking forward to meeting them. My boss has already been there several times to scout it out and continually has good reports.

Thanks everyone!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed May 11, 2016 9:18 am

One month away until I travel there. I've been watching YouTube videos daily of life in Las Terrenas and getting as familiar as possible with the town and area.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed May 11, 2016 1:50 pm

I don't want to just list a bunch of things to discourage you about moving there, but I think in the name of love that I must warn that there is no metal there.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed May 11, 2016 2:42 pm

d@v!d wrote:I don't want to just list a bunch of things to discourage you about moving there, but I think in the name of love that I must warn that there is no metal there.

I will start a metal mission! Introducing good music to the young'uns!

But I do appreciate your concern and feel free to post concerns and I will do my best to answer.

Education - We home educate our children already
Church - We have home church already
Violence - No worse than three minutes from my house (Benton Harbor, MI)
Water - Parasites in the water. We are already researching rain water collection and water purification systems
Power Outages - My employer is prepared for this
Health Care - In the town I'm looking at, there is a 2 year old private hospital there run by Cuban doctors and the government just broke ground on a new public hospital a few days ago.
Cost of living - Low. This is good for me because there will be no change in my current pay
Language - I speak Spanish more or less so this will be a small learning curve for me. My wife and kids will definitely need lots of practice
Land ownership - As a foreigner, I can own land there.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed May 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Pretty cool
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed May 11, 2016 7:18 pm

New Creation wrote:Land ownership - As a foreigner, I can own land there.
My in laws have lost property there on account of squatters. Be sure if you by something that you occupy it.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed May 11, 2016 9:17 pm

That list is all pretty great to hear!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu May 12, 2016 7:59 am

Wow what a huge change indeed!  That sounds like a potentially AWESOME opportunity!  How long will you be there next month?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu May 12, 2016 9:21 am

d@v!d wrote:
New Creation wrote:Land ownership - As a foreigner, I can own land there.
My in laws have lost property there on account of squatters. Be sure if you by something that you occupy it.

Thank you for this. It's been one of my biggest concerns and something I'll keep an eye on.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:31 am

¿Cuándo te vas?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:54 am

d@v!d wrote:¿Cuándo te vas?

¡En Jueves!
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:19 pm

New Creation wrote:
d@v!d wrote:¿Cuándo te vas?

¡En Jueves!
¡Qué chévere!

De pronto harás el reves de esto:

Y recuerdas que cuando llegas a la aduana y si no le entiendes que sólo le tienes que decir que estás visitando y no estás pa' trabajar. Wink

Por cierto si no has visto esta pelicula que se llama "Nueba Yol" con Luisito Marti (RIP) de la cual vienen estos video clips, vela en cuanto puedes. Da mucha risa.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Muchas gracias mi amigo. Ahora está en mi "wishlist" a Swap-A-DVD.

http://www.swapadvd.com/Nueba-Yol-Vol-1-3/dvd/84999/
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:47 pm

New Creation wrote:Muchas gracias mi amigo. Ahora está en mi "wishlist" a Swap-A-DVD.

Cuidado con la 2nda si piensas en verla con la familia. Trae en algunos partes temas más maduras.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:37 pm

d@v!d wrote:
New Creation wrote:Muchas gracias mi amigo. Ahora está en mi "wishlist" a Swap-A-DVD.

Cuidado con la 2nda si piensas en verla con la familia. Trae en algunos partes temas más maduras.

Todo está bien. Tengo mucho cuidado con todas las películas en mi casa.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next