The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

InnerWish

+6
eatbugs
Superjuice
Blake
ramreb
Andreas89
metaldude
10 posters

Go down

InnerWish  Empty InnerWish

Post by metaldude Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:41 pm

This album releases tomorrow.  How is there no topic for this.    face palm

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

InnerWish  Empty Re: InnerWish

Post by Andreas89 Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:43 am

Guess you beat me to it Razz

Anyway, the songs they released on youtube convinced me of this album. Problem is that on the same day Orden Ogan, Almanac and Circus Maximus have new releases. But I think I'll give InnerWish the benefit of the doubt, after all they're kind of a christian band.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by ramreb Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:47 am

Awesome

ramreb
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:31 am

Oh, I got this thing last month from Ulterium, I had no idea it wasn't actually out yet. I haven't been keeping up I guess
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:13 am

The new Innerwish sounds like Innersiege.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:18 pm

That's good stuff.  I'll have to get this.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:22 pm

The  new album is available on vinyl and cassette as well as cd...I am tempted to buy the cassette Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by MadMap Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:41 am

Got this in the mail yesterday. Just listened through once, but I have to say I'm digging the sound. Those who have pointed to "Modern Babylon" as a monster track are not wrong!

Have to reserve final judgment for after I've heard it a few more times but the first impression was a good one.
MadMap
MadMap
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:04 am

Just found these guys! Been looking for some new Power metal, what do you guys recommend this newer one or the one from 2010?

Or where is a good place to start?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:15 am

If I were you, I'd certainly hope their other albums are better, since I find their latest offering like 15-20 minutes too long.
And don't expect christian lyrics on that album. I made a mistake by doing so. But if you're OK with that, it has something to offer at least Smile
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:56 pm

While I enjoyed their s/t album, their strongest album is No Turning Back, imo. There isn't an evangelical message in their lyrics, but there are Christian themes in their lyrics. The message is strong enough that I've never considered them anything but a Christian band.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:30 pm

Andreas89 wrote:If I were you, I'd certainly hope their other albums are better, since I find their latest offering like 15-20 minutes too long.
And don't expect christian lyrics on that album. I made a mistake by doing so. But if you're OK with that, it has something to offer at least Smile
Thats how I feel with most power metal I have bought....... that the albums are a little too long
metaldude wrote:While I enjoyed their s/t album, their strongest album is No Turning Back, imo. There isn't an evangelical message in their lyrics, but there are Christian themes in their lyrics. The message is strong enough that I've never considered them anything but a Christian band.
Alright I'll start there, thanks metaldude!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:27 pm

They have a spiritual message. I don't consider them as being Christian but I receive some encouragement from what they write. Songs like Needles in My Mind, Broken, Serenity all have great messages. The new album isn't too long for me but it takes awhile to get into each track because of the length.

No Turning Back is amazing! Burning Desires is such an incredible song!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:44 pm

I picked up their latest self titled CD at HMV on Thursday for $9.20 Canadian taxes included. HMV has a closing out sale. I was surprised to find that CD there. There is no direct reference to Christianity in their lyrics on the album.

Couple of questions: Does Ulterium Records only sign Christina bands? Or do they sign non-Christian bands, or bands with some of the members being Christians? I'm trying to figure out if Innerwish is a Christian band. They are on a lot of the Christian rock/metal websites. I have been on the Ulterium website and I have looked at their products. The only other band that I have in my collection from that label is Theocracy.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Couple of questions: Does Ulterium Records only sign Christina bands? Or do they sign non-Christian bands, or bands with some of the members being Christians? I'm trying to figure out if Innerwish is a Christian band. They are on a lot of the Christian rock/metal websites. I have been on the Ulterium website and i have seen looked at their products. The only other band that I have in my collection from that label is Theocracy.

That's a great question. I'd like to know a more specific answer to that.

I feel like they sign bands that either are Christian or positive but ambiguous. Bands like Incrave, Innerwish, Black Fate, Sleeping Romance and others through the years seem like they could kind of sound Christian but really aren't in any notable way. They may mention eternal life or sin or things of a spiritual nature but have no clear overriding message. For each song that sounds definitely faith-based another seems to go some other direction.

So, yeah, I'd like to know that answer myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:02 am

Soldier777 wrote:Couple of questions: Does Ulterium Records only sign Christina bands? Or do they sign non-Christian bands, or bands with some of the members being Christians? I'm trying to figure out if Innerwish is a Christian band. They are on a lot of the Christian rock/metal websites. I have been on the Ulterium website and I have looked at their products. The only other band that I have in my collection from that label is Theocracy.
No, Ulterium does not only sign christian bands. They also have bands like InnerWish (maybe they leaned more towards christianity before, I only know their latest album) and Darkwater, and although I enjoy their music I would say they are by no means christian or that positive.

There is something unusual about this label though. It is run by the exact same people that run Inner Wound records. The latter has Leah in its roster, a lady singer who is openly christian (can be heard in some songs, too).

I do think that the reason for two separate labels is that Ulterium focuses more on christian artists, while Inner Wound generally has the more "secular" (I hate that word) ones. I remember an interview with Christian Liljegren about the second Audiovision album being released by Ulterium, it was something along the lines of that Emil (boss of both labels) shares his passion for the message of Christ. So I think that you could consider Ulterium a "light version" of a christian label; after all they have bands like Theocracy, Harmony, Millennial Reign (their vocalist is really bad though), Within Silence, Signum Regis etc.

But the bottomline is: never trust a label to determine whether a band's message is Christ centered or not Wink
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:43 pm

Andreas89 wrote:There is something unusual about this label though. It is run by the exact same people that run Inner Wound records. The latter has Leah in its roster, a lady singer who is openly christian (can be heard in some songs, too).
Leah has Christian lyrics?

Thats good to know, I have honestly kind of avoided checking out her music because of that

(I hate finding a band or artist that is really awesome yet doesnt have a good or positive message.)

Guess I'll check out her albums now! alien
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Thread derailed? Wink   I ASSUMED Ulterium to be the Euro-power metal equivalent of Tooth and Nail.  Nothing anti-Christian but not necessarily Christian either.

I'm with Hardcore Christian: I like to know where a band/musician is lyrically and on the continuum of "Christian" music before committing to a purchase.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:45 pm

Thanks for your response guys. Let's keep this thread going. For me, a band doesn't have to mention Jesus or anything Christian related in all their songs or even in any of their songs. I would just would like to know their general worldview - referring to bands in general. I'm not against buying secular music, or music that is not associated to Christianity. I generally buy albums from Christian bands, non-Christian bands that have Christian members like Impellitteri. The only band that I have in my collection that don't necessarily fit in any of these categories is Dream Theater.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:36 am

Well, 99% of my collection is Christian music

I usually only digitally, when it comes to Secular music

I prefer a band that has Christian lyrics/themes, or some of the members profess Christianity
I am not totally against buying secular but I rarely have enough money to buy all the Christian music that comes out, so I'd rather support something that is going to help me and others with my funds

When I do buy secular music I make sure that they do not have anti-Christian lyrics

Vulgarity, depending on the words used and context and quantity will make or break an artist/album for me
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:45 am

Well, since I kind of cooperated in derailing this thread, let me get us back on track.

One of the reasons I'm not too fond of the new InnerWish album (apart from its length) is that it took a turn lyrically from earlier albums. Which may not be that surprising, since apparently the new drummer did most of the lyrics this time.
I thoroughly enjoy lots of non christian artists, but there's something bitter about a band first delivering the goods lyrically, and then taking a more "worldly" approach. Kind of feels like they sold out. I had the same feeling with Sinbreed a few years ago.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:36 pm

To derail again: my lyrical tastes are similar to Soldier777 and Hardcore Christian's.  I only buy Christian-friendly/Christians-in-a-band music.

To re-rail: I enjoy the latest Inner Wish and that's the only one of theirs I have.  The earlier ones are more openly Christian?

I agree about the selling out thing.  Zao probably should have "broken up" and changed their name when they stopped being Christian.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:30 pm

I don't know about their earlier albums. But judging by the album cover of the Inner Strength album, I'd say there might be something there:

InnerWish  118663
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:57 pm

I just discovered this album. What a beast!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum