Mobile CMR = pop-up hell

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mobile CMR = pop-up hell

Post by xMetalMarkx on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Hey all,

Whenever I punch up CMR on my Android phone, the interface looks nice and snappy but it's never more than a minute or two before some kind of aggressive pop-up locks up the proceedings & refuses to let me back to viewing the CMR boards.  Anyone else experiencing this kind of difficulty?  My phone is clean...no such troubles at most other places I go.

xMMx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Re: Mobile CMR = pop-up hell

Post by Wildcat on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:06 pm

I also have this problem when I try and visit on my iPhone. Almost without fail the pop-ups will take me to some sort of questionable webpage trying to get me to buy game apps or something. Once it hits, it's very persistent in taking me to that page, and usually keeps me from viewing CMR at all.
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Oh yes. I experience this as well.
Its HORRIBLE.

For about a week there, there were two different pop ups that were extremely invasive. It was one of these "You have a virus on your phone! Call this number! Don't turn your phone off or close the browser!" and an incessant beep-alarm sound with the phone vibrating went on continuously.

I couldn't back out and the only way I could get it to stop was to force-stop the browser. It ONLY happened when I tried going to different pages on the CMR.

...I too have a clean phone. (I'm an AVG app subscriber) and there's no viruses on my phone. Luckily, those ads stopped - but it still auto-loads Google Play with some BS app or redirects me to some BS page. That's even WITH the Firefox app using AdBlockerPlus.
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Same thing with me. Is it forumotion that does this?
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybergrinder on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Yep. Same here. It is quite annoying at times.
Cybergrinder
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:56 pm

I also have problems with this.
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Me too me too!!!
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Have you guys tried using the non-mobile version of the site on your phone?  I rarely go on CMR on my phone, but when I do, I just use my regular browser and have never had any problems...  I don't know if Forumotion or some other company is responsible for the mobile version of the site (could be some 3rd party thing) but if it's that big of a hassle using the mobile version, I'd recommend just using the normal one!

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Yep, he's so mean, he grimaces whenever he isn't listening to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Twisted Evil
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:43 pm

I experienced this problem with the cmr and the heart of metal sites..

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Started happening to me two weeks ago, regardless of what browser I use. I'm so frustrated with it I've stopped using my phone to access the CMR.

Beyond lame!
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by exo on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:30 pm

I have never had a single issue of this nature.  Not once.  I am mystified by the complaint every time it pops up.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:49 am

Kerrick wrote:Have you guys tried using the non-mobile version of the site on your phone?  I rarely go on CMR on my phone, but when I do, I just use my regular browser and have never had any problems...  I don't know if Forumotion or some other company is responsible for the mobile version of the site (could be some 3rd party thing) but if it's that big of a hassle using the mobile version, I'd recommend just using the normal one!

I've had the same problems as everyone and I also did what Kerrick did. Several months ago I switched to using the desktop site on my phone (I also have to do that for alldat's CHM site) and when I do that, I find I have very few problems.
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:45 pm

The first time it happened I thought that maybe there was a virus attached to the mobile version of this site....I also noticed that my spam stopper on my phone doesn't always work on this site...

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:41 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Have you guys tried using the non-mobile version of the site on your phone?  I rarely go on CMR on my phone, but when I do, I just use my regular browser and have never had any problems...  I don't know if Forumotion or some other company is responsible for the mobile version of the site (could be some 3rd party thing) but if it's that big of a hassle using the mobile version, I'd recommend just using the normal one!

I've had the same problems as everyone and I also did what Kerrick did. Several months ago I switched to using the desktop site on my phone (I also have to do that for alldat's CHM site) and when I do that, I find I have very few problems.

I always use the desktop/non mobile version and cannot remember having to deal with pop-ups at all.
IMO the mobile version is horrendous, I used it for all of 10 minutes before switching to the desktop version.
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:31 pm

exo wrote:I have never had a single issue of this nature.  Not once.  I am mystified by the complaint every time it pops up.

Do you have a smart phone?
Android or iPhone?
What browser are you using?
Mobile or classic version of the site?
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:56 pm

iPhone 6s, standard safari browser, standard website.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by hellig on Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:43 am

If you login, it goes away
hellig
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:20 pm

I have faced such a problem a couple of times in my tablet. I was really worried of some sort of virus invading my computer. And I am very conservative about tablets and smartphone use, so I don't usually download apps or anything from internet.
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum