The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead or Alive

3 posters

Go down

Dead or Alive  Empty Dead or Alive

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:21 pm

Any fans of this Dance Pop group from the UK? They had a major hit in the song, "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)", which was featured on the movie, The Wedding Singer.

Let's talk about this band.

I always liked their hit (the one previously mentioned), so I purchased one of their Greatest Hits albums, and it really is a pretty solid album all the way through. They had some filler, but more than enough 'killer' to make up for it.

Not everyone is into Dance Pop, but if you like this genre - you must check out Dead or Alive!

Dead or Alive  Large

Back to top Go down

Dead or Alive  Empty Re: Dead or Alive

Post by messiaen77 Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:17 pm

Do you mean they had more than one song?
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Love this band...besides spin me around here are a few other songs i really like...( I loved their look as well as the music..very edgy)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:46 pm

Right on Savage!!!

Of course they had more than one song messien! Heheh!

That's my point. They are only known for their one or two hits. But they have a TON of great stuff!!!

My little 4 year old daughter LOVES this band too! Heheheh. It's awesome! She's asking for their CDs for her birthday.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:54 am

Here is the singer now (same person):

Dead or Alive  5095-256879
I think "he" is a "she" now....
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:19 am

Pete Burns was always more of a 'transgender' type.

But what happened with Pete Burns is very sad. He had too much plastic surgery. He's not happy about how it turned out. He has sued, and now has a surgeon who helps him 'maintain' his face.

He woke up one morning in the 00s and was horrified. His face had fallen apart. It's really sad. Doesn't mean that his earlier music is not good. He's a very talented musician. Much like Rob Halford or any other gay musician, I don't judge a band or artist because of their lifestyle choices. I pray for them.

But yeah ... Pete had way too much plastic surgery. I think he got addicted to it - and now it's quite a shame.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:57 pm

I bought Dead Or Alive's "Youthquake" album when it came out, and have always loved it. :-) I know it almost back to front.  I then got their first one, "Sophisticated Boom Boom", and was very disappointed. It probably marked the only time when Stock/Aitken/Waterman had improved an act with "Youthquake".  However, I have become strangely fond of "Boom Boom" (which I've nicknamed "Unsophisticated Bash Bash"). 

Their third album, "Mad, Bad And Dangerous To Know" then came out, and I grabbed that straight away.  Not the classic "Youthquake" is, but still really enjoyable.
It was a long time before I realized they'd done anymore, and I found "Nude" as a second hand record many years later.  Not up to the standards of the two previous ones at all.
So yes, Dead Or Alive is one of my favourite eighties bands. :-) And certainly my favourite Stock/Aitken/Waterman act.
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:24 pm

TheDoctor394 wrote:I bought Dead Or Alive's "Youthquake" album when it came out, and have always loved it. :-) I know it almost back to front.  I then got their first one, "Sophisticated Boom Boom", and was very disappointed. It probably marked the only time when Stock/Aitken/Waterman had improved an act with "Youthquake".  However, I have become strangely fond of "Boom Boom" (which I've nicknamed "Unsophisticated Bash Bash"). 

Their third album, "Mad, Bad And Dangerous To Know" then came out, and I grabbed that straight away.  Not the classic "Youthquake" is, but still really enjoyable.
It was a long time before I realized they'd done anymore, and I found "Nude" as a second hand record many years later.  Not up to the standards of the two previous ones at all.
So yes, Dead Or Alive is one of my favourite eighties bands. :-) And certainly my favourite Stock/Aitken/Waterman act.

Rockin Loud

Yeah, they really are a great band! I only currently have their Greatest Hits, but it's an album I spin pretty often!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:29 pm

One thing I like about Dead Or Alive are Pete Burns' lyrics.  They're sooo funny sometimes (I assume deliberately).  I don't know if you'd be familiar with "Cake And Eat It" (from "Youthquake").  It's got a monotonous tune, but oddly catchy, and words like these just crack me up: "I said I'd pay you money if you'd only hold my hand, I hear you like to try it so I go ahead as planned /I hear my smoochie talkin' might just be a bit old hat, So I'll watch what I'm sayin' I don't think you'd go for that/A little birdie told me that you just might feel the same, If you do then all you have gotta do is call my name..."
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down