The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iranian Heavy Metal Band Faces Possible Execution

+2
11razorwire
Friday13th
6 posters

Go down

Iranian Heavy Metal Band Faces Possible Execution Empty Re: Iranian Heavy Metal Band Faces Possible Execution

Post by Friday13th Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Poor guys. 

The charges against the duo include blasphemy, “playing heavy metal, owning an independent record label and for communicating with foreign radio stations”.

A country we negotiate with! The religion of peace, people!
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Iranian Heavy Metal Band Faces Possible Execution Empty Re: Iranian Heavy Metal Band Faces Possible Execution

Post by 11razorwire Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Hard to believe. Stupid.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:27 pm

I looked at their Metal Archives page, and while no lyrics were given, it looks like they dont have a very favorable view of Iran from the songtitles on their one album (ie, a song titled "Teh-Hell-Ran"). Still no reason to execute them though.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:44 am

Crazy! We take that stuff for granted in the US. Wow. I heard the song and while not my thing they should be able to do what they want. But then again they lived in an oppressed country.... Which makes me wonder if there are any North Korean rock or metal bands. Probably not.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:02 am

MikeInFla wrote:Crazy! We take that stuff for granted in the US. Wow. I heard the song and while not my thing they should be able to do what they want. But then again they lived in an oppressed country.... Which makes me wonder if there are any North Korean rock or metal bands. Probably not.

We are a lot closer to being an oppressed on country ourselves than is comfortable. The current POTUS and his cronies have gone a long way to take away what we take for granted, and if he gets to appoint a new justice, making the SCOTUS lean way too far to the left, a lot more of our "privileges" will taken away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:55 pm

This is standard in most of the middle eastern Islamic country's...Its a part of their fabric and their religion and this band knew it... Not all country's are free and not all country's have a freedom of religion...I say let each country run themselves with whatever government they want and let America mind its own business on that issue....at the same time there is no reason America can't do business with them..its just business after all.

We are a lot closer to being an oppressed on country ourselves than is comfortable. The current POTUS and his cronies have gone a long way to take away what we take for granted, and if he gets to appoint a new justice, making the SCOTUS lean way too far to the left, a lot more of our "privileges" will taken away.

I dont believe we are an oppressed country yet..in fact I applaud Obama for leveling the playing field..I see him as the most constitutional president we have ever had. We lost alot of rights under Republican W. Bush...The republican candidates that are left want to erode the constitution even more.. but generally I dont see where any of my rights have been taken away..I still do, say, believe and live as I want..and so can anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:24 pm

This political system errodes America, itll only get worse mark my words

I think its a bit harsh to possibly execute a band for their music.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:44 pm

This reminds me a little of the Moscow all woman band 'smurf Riot'. They got into trouble and did some jail time on their stance against Russian President Vladimir Putin, whom the group considers a dictator, and to his links with the leadership of the Russian Orthodox Church. LOL, the band name is not smurf riot but I think you all know the 'P' word that is censored here.  Laughing

oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:22 pm

Religion is politics and always has been. These guys are great!
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:14 pm

Yup. Religion and politics go together like hands and gloves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:43 pm

This reminds me a little of the Moscow all woman band

that came to my mind also...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down