STRYPER STUFF

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STRYPER STUFF

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:39 pm

found this online..very cool..didn't know it even existed...post cool stryper stuff here...

Back to top Go down

Re: STRYPER STUFF

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:40 pm

a stryper 8-track tape...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:42 pm

coasters...

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:50 am

Stryper on 8-track?!?! In 1986?!?!?! I have to wonder if that's a Photoshop thing...unless you actually have that tape? If not, I'd be a little suspicious of that one.

Love the coasters! I thought they were mousepads until I read the caption.
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:24 pm

Stryper on 8-track?!?! In 1986?!?!?!
They were available through Columbia house and RCA record clubs through the end of 1988..some independent artist still release stuff on 8tracks and cassettes are also coming back...
cheap trick released their album "The Latest" on 8track in 2011....8 tracks are actually still popular in some parts of the country as is vhs, beta and cassettes and they can draw big money...my mom still has 8tracks... (I also noticed that here in Tulsa the original Atari and Nintendo are still popular and we have stores that sell them along with tons of old games)....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_tape#Decline_and_demise

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:26 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote: I thought they were mousepads until I read the caption.
Man, I would buy a Stryper mouse pad in a heartbeat.

Hey Gip?! Laughing
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:11 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Stryper on 8-track?!?! In 1986?!?!?!
They were available through Columbia house and RCA record clubs through the end of 1988..some independent artist still release stuff on 8tracks and cassettes are also coming back...
cheap trick released their album "The Latest" on 8track in 2011....8 tracks are actually still popular in some parts of the country as is vhs, beta and cassettes and they can draw big money...my mom still has 8tracks... (I also noticed that here in Tulsa the original Atari and Nintendo are still popular and we have stores that sell them along with tons of old games)....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_tape#Decline_and_demise

I learned something today. I didn't know any of that! Fascinating!
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:44 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:8tracks and cassettes are also coming back...
Thats what I dont get, I see the interest in going back to vinyl, because its a more pure form of music and the artwork is larger etc, etc.

But I dont get going back to cassette, to me it seems like a waste, because they wear out after a certain amount of plays and even in storage the tape can be damaged or dissolve away. To me its a novelty, unless Im buying a used cassette for cheap, I can never see myself purposely buying a new cassette when I have the option of CD or vinyl or even digital.

Sorry thought Id rant a little on that Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:21 pm

I've seen bands release cassettes as more of a nostalgia/collector item. Especially vest metal type bands.

I posted some where here before that 8-tracks became popular with the hipster crowd. Especially if you could get one of those snazzy brushed metal and wood grain players with an analog meter on it.

I have no clue as to what the sound quality was like of 8-tracks.
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:22 pm

Bought this headband back in 1989 and it has been hanging around ever since.

" />

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:25 am

I used to have this:

I have no idea what happened to it. All of my records were at my parents' house. A few years ago I had a friend stop by there and go thru them and when I asked him about this one it was not there. It came with a THWTD poster (which you can see is folded up behind the record). I also had the original gatefold record with the angel art... He said that it wasn't there either (there were a ton of my albums missing, I asked my brothers about it and they all claim they do not know what happened to them). 

And there is this 8 track:

(hahaha just kidding, that is a fake I made).

Some people are really into cassettes. I have no interest in them. I still have a tape deck and if I run across a tape I will normally record it to mp3 (the tape deck is hooked up to the computer). 

Last year on record store day this was released as a cassette. I hope we eventually see it on CD because it's pretty awesome:

If I had seen this on RS Day I would have picked it up. I didn't even know it was being released so it may have been there right under my nose so I didn't even know to look for it until after the fact.
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:37 am

I hate to say this, but im pretty sure that the notebook is a fake. If you look at the back of the notebook it has the track listing from THWTD on the top. Cool fan-made item though.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:51 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Some people are really into cassettes. I have no interest in them. I still have a tape deck and if I run across a tape I will normally record it to mp3 (the tape deck is hooked up to the computer).
Yes, I have this set up too, when it comes to my old cassettes. Or ones I find for cheap for sale
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum