The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Praise and request twoferone!

5 posters

Go down

Praise and request twoferone! Empty Praise and request twoferone!

Post by exo Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:19 am

If you are friends with me on Facebook, you already know this.......but I've made a fairly radical lifestyle change last week:  I have not had a cigarette since Wed 2/3/16 at 12:45 AM.  Meaning that I am working towards 6 days completely smoke free, cold turkey.  Prior to that, I had cut myself down to a pack a week for a couple of weeks.  Something upstairs changed, and I was just "ready to be done" with it all.  It is like a switch has been flipped!  I have ZERO desire for them, and I give all glory to God for that.  "I" could not quit before this......I tried more than a few times.  There is just a "different" feeling to it this time around.  I am DONE, because God flipped a mental switch for me.......

For the most part, I feel absolutely GREAT.  I can BREATHE, and did not realize just how used to feeling "run down" I had gotten.  The difference, even just this short while in to the process, is astounding.

Now comes the prayer request:  I did NOT understand the concept of "nicotine withdrawal", and to be blunt, have SEVERELY underestimated how it would play with my psyche.  Specificly, I have been suffering from insomnia/terrible sleep patterns and TERRIBLE anxiety attacks......which of course feed on one another as well.  I have been absolutely humbled by what an "anxiety attack" really is, and how it can just totally mentally wreck you in short order.  Thankfully, even thru those there is still ZERO desire to smoke.....but I can't really express how badly it toys with my mind, borrowing this trouble and that trouble, and fabricating horrible "what if...." scenarios.  There have been multiple times that I have in essence been reduced to another terrified, whiny child for my wife to deal with, and it's way worse when the sleep is not good.  Started with some magnesium supplements, breathing exercises, and calming aromatherapy before bed, and it seems to be helping......but your prayers for my health and sanity (and that of my dear, sainted wife!) while my body adjusts to "new normal" after better than a decade and a half of daily nicotine ingesting is more appreciated than I can convey.  This has been a humbling, changing thing to encounter.........

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Praise and request twoferone! Empty Re: Praise and request twoferone!

Post by KaramKaram Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:58 am

I am praying for you my friend.
I have one advise, if possible, take heat baths, or go to a sauna bath, that will help taking nicotine out of your system.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Hey congrats dude!!!

I quit smoking too a while back, and I can totally relate to what you are going through!!!

It will take about 30 days for that nicotine to be completely out of your system and to stop play psychological games with your mind!!! I almost didn't quit for so long due to that stress/anxiety that comes from that!

Now that I've been smoke free for a few years, I feel great! Cigarettes truly are terrible for you, and they definitely limit one's lifespan. I want to be around to see my kid's kids ya know!

Not to mention - food tastes better when you don't smoke! All of your senses are enhanced too, because nicotine plays with your entire psyche! It's a drug. And unlike marijuana, this plant/drug has no medicinal benefits!

It's a very wise choice you made bro - and I commend you for it! Definitely not easy, but those who never have smoked will never understand just how hard it truly is.

Heck even now after years of not smoking ... I get thoughts of still smoking at times. I refuse to give in though! I will be smoke free (at least cigarette smoke free hehe) for the rest of my life!!! My kids are also very happy I quit! It means I can spend more time playing with them! Rather than going outside and 'having another death stick'.

Anyway - I have already begun praying for you today in my quiet time/prayer time. I have added you to my list! Just hang on for about 30 days straight and the serious anxiety type stuff will dissipate!

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:38 pm

So, I.....uh.......ended up at the ER freaking out over chest pain and overall chest/upper body weirdness early this morning (4AM).  All EKG/cardio stats/bloodwork/chest x-Ray shows I am actually in pretty good cardiac shape, and the much dreaded "heart attack" scenario appears to be pretty much all tension and anxiety related.

Got a prescription for anti anxiety meds......hopefully they help :/

I seem to be vacillating between feeling like a million bucks and some pretty savage mental freak outs.....I hope that having a proper medical diagnosis of "not a heart issue" when these things come on helps my brain out.......

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:18 pm

exo wrote:So, I.....uh.......ended up at the ER freaking out over chest pain and overall chest/upper body weirdness early this morning (4AM).  All EKG/cardio stats/bloodwork/chest x-Ray shows I am actually in pretty good cardiac shape, and the much dreaded "heart attack" scenario appears to be pretty much all tension and anxiety related.

Got a prescription for anti anxiety meds......hopefully they help :/

I seem to be vacillating between feeling like a million bucks and some pretty savage mental freak outs.....I hope that having a proper medical diagnosis of "not a heart issue" when these things come on helps my brain out.......

Dude, what state do you live in? In some states they prescribe medical marijuana for this issue. It helps tremendously with anxiety and it's all natural, unlike those nasty meds (true bad drugs) that hospitals give out.

Just saying ... something to think about if you live in such a state. There are about 23 states now that have legalized medicinally. But like I said ... just a thought. Trying to help. I know what I did when I quit. I got a prescription (because I already had one for my back), but I'll tell you! The marijuana actually helped me quit smoking! It takes away that anxiety the nicotine leaves you with for about 30 days.

But I'm glad you got help though ... any help is good.

Still praying for you too!!!

study

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:40 pm

Took half a pill after getting to work last night, waited half an hour, still felt "off", took the other half.

20 minutes later, I was Ric Flair on a crack bender........ShockedShocked  They are......effective......at getting your mind off things, I will say that!
(Lesson: next time, wait an HOUR and re-assess!)

That feeling gradually wore off around 4AM, and today I have been as peace filled as I have since before the holiday madness started at the end of October......

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:46 pm

That's great to hear!

sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:10 pm

I haven't had a cigarette since March 19th, 2007. Cold turkey of course - gums and patches is like trying to quit drinking but you take a shot every once in a while.

What I did and I had little anxiety.
1) Lots of prayer
2) Lots of toothpicks (hand to mouth fixation)
3) Pump iron and lots of it (there's your dope free anxiety killer right there)
4) Take joy in knowing they don't jump in your mouth and light themselves. (You have a choice.)
5) Measure accumulative, not consecutive. (Don't beat yourself up if you smoked after a month of being stopped. You only smoked 1 day out of 30? That's pretty good! Now try for longer. Wink )

Praying for you brother. If I can do it, you can do it.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:44 pm

My anxiety issues ARE subsiding as time goes, and enough that I can notice "hey, I feel calmer than I did a few days ago".

15 days into a new life, and it's absolutely great!

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:27 pm

..glad your getting through this. I pray God will keep things going a good and right direction.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:54 am

Yes, this is pretty nasty but maybe this will be some encouragement as well.

And this one:

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum