New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by MikeInFla on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:08 pm



Last edited by MikeInFla on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3174
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 46
Location : Panama City, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by deathisgain on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:03 pm

Man I miss me some Robin Kyle Basuari.
avatar
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

Posts : 2152
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 47

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by Staybrite on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:44 pm

deathisgain wrote:Man I miss me some Robin Kyle Basuari.

Me too, it was great to hear him sing again on P.K. Mitchell's second "Hymns" album a few years back but I would love to hear him belt out some seriously hard rocking music again.
avatar
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 49
Location : Seattle/Tacoma

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by strangerhoncho on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:07 am

Thanks!  I didn't know about this podcast.  Another one to add to my ever-growing pile....

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 649
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:57 am

That's great! Thanks for sharing.

I love Die Happy.
avatar
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1350
Join date : 2012-03-12
Age : 29
Location : São Paulo - Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by TheOldMan2084 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:58 am

It was pretty good. Sometimes, though, I wish they'd tell more stories and not play the music so much. Not that it's bad but the people listening have the music already, I think. I'd rather hear more about stories from the road, the inspiration behind songs, etc. (Which they do in this podcast, I just wanted MORE. Because apparently I'm a child who can't be content with what he's given. LOL)
avatar
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 155
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by ludey7 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:09 am

TheOldMan2084 wrote:It was pretty good. Sometimes, though, I wish they'd tell more stories and not play the music so much. Not that it's bad but the people listening have the music already, I think. I'd rather hear more about stories from the road, the inspiration behind songs, etc. (Which they do in this podcast, I just wanted MORE. Because apparently I'm a child who can't be content with what he's given. LOL)
Exactly my thoughts. If you are into this kind of music & know about this podcast you already know these songs.  Play a couple max & lets hear about stories from back in the day OR about possible new music!

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 264
Join date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:15 pm

ludey7 wrote:
TheOldMan2084 wrote:It was pretty good. Sometimes, though, I wish they'd tell more stories and not play the music so much. Not that it's bad but the people listening have the music already, I think. I'd rather hear more about stories from the road, the inspiration behind songs, etc. (Which they do in this podcast, I just wanted MORE. Because apparently I'm a child who can't be content with what he's given. LOL)
Exactly my thoughts. If you are into this kind of music & know about this podcast you already know these songs.  Play a couple max & lets hear about stories from back in the day OR about possible new music!

I partially agree with you guys, but it looks like it is all about promoting their music. That is why they play so many songs. I knew all the music they play, but even so I felt the nostalgia of the moment. At the same time, I would love to hear more stories, as well. I can't make up my mind about that.

I guess I am just glad, there will be another podcast with them.
avatar
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1350
Join date : 2012-03-12
Age : 29
Location : São Paulo - Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by strangerhoncho on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:59 pm

I don't think anyone would listen to those podcasts unless they already had the music, so they're fooling themselves if they think they're drumming up new business. They should get new music recorded if that's what they're after.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 649
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by MikeInFla on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:07 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:I don't think anyone would listen to those podcasts unless they already had the music, so they're fooling themselves if they think they're drumming up new business.  They should get new music recorded if that's what they're after.

Sometimes they do play new music. When they did the Deliverance podcast they did some acoustic stuff and I think played some of the newer stuff with George & Jimmy. On occasion the Frontline podcasts will have new music (as they did when Bloodgood was getting ready to release Dangerously Close). I haven't finished the Die Happy podcast yet but will listen to it tonight.
avatar
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3174
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 46
Location : Panama City, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by MikeInFla on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:38 am

avatar
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3174
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 46
Location : Panama City, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by FreeRangeBeliever on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:55 am

Gonna listen to this soon - pt 2 ...hopefully they'll share news of a new Die Happy album with Robin Kyle!!
avatar
FreeRangeBeliever
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 488
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 46
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by MikeInFla on Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:59 am

FreeRangeBeliever wrote:Gonna listen to this soon - pt 2 ...hopefully they'll share news of a new Die Happy album with Robin Kyle!!
Me too! I downloaded it but haven't played it yet. Would also like for ROXX to do a reissue of these (hint-hint!).
avatar
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3174
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 46
Location : Panama City, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: New Frontline Rewind podcast with Die Happy PART 2 NOW UP!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum