The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oregon occupation leaders Ammon and Ryan Bundy arrested, one dead

4 posters

Go down

Oregon occupation leaders Ammon and Ryan Bundy arrested, one dead Empty Oregon occupation leaders Ammon and Ryan Bundy arrested, one dead

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:03 am

So what does everyone think about this story and what went down in Oregon?
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/oregon-occupation-leaders-ammon-and-ryan-bundy-arrested-one-dead

Back to top Go down

Oregon occupation leaders Ammon and Ryan Bundy arrested, one dead Empty Re: Oregon occupation leaders Ammon and Ryan Bundy arrested, one dead

Post by exo Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:12 am

I think that there is precious little information there, and am saddened that someone lost their life over this.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Oregon occupation leaders Ammon and Ryan Bundy arrested, one dead Empty Re: Oregon occupation leaders Ammon and Ryan Bundy arrested, one dead

Post by d@v!d Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:04 am

I remember hearing about this a month or so ago. I thought it won't go well for them. I was thinking of Wako.

I feel for them. I'm sure they had their griefs, but I think they shouldn't have started that 'protest' without makings their cause clearer on a national level. The media makes them out to be a bunch of gun crazies. I find it hard to understand just what their issues are.

I hear reports that Finicum was killed in cold blood.

In the end of the day, I wonder if any of their griefs will be discussed and addressed.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:37 am

This will boil over in Nevada too.

Simple solution. Our government shouldn't own land. All land should be put up for distribution to the citizens via an impartial lottery.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:36 pm

^I'm all for small government... but you don't think the gov should own land?  As an avid hiker [though I wish I was more so], I am very grateful for the land the government has bought and made available to the public.  Were citizens to own it, it'd be inaccessible, developed into shopping malls and whatnot, and I wouldn't get to hike and explore there!  Can you imagine if Yosemite was privately owned?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:18 pm

I have been thinking alot about this....being from Texas and being there when waco went down was an interesting experience... The government has to own a certain amount of land for their business offices, military purpose's, federal prisons and such but at the same time alot of the land the government owns shouldn't be owned by the government..I can understand a state park and its cool that they exist but the government buys up some property with the intention of leasing it to people for profit and that is wrong..not to mention all the land the government has stolen from the native American tribes..the land in dispute in Oregon may very well be stolen native American land...as for the occupiers its horrible that one was killed and I figure it was a intentional government move...

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:40 pm

Somewhere in all of the noise, the ranchers may have a valid point that the federal government is inefficient at managing large swaths of land. That's about where my sympathy for the Bundy family ends though.

For one thing, their long-standing claim that the tracts of public land that they've long used for grazing are rightfully their private property are extremely convoluted and most likely dubious. The fact that they've been willing to take up arms to defend this claim when the courts consistently rule against them is even more questionable.

That's the backdrop for this latest action in Oregon, where members of the Bundy family led the charge in setting up an armed occupation of an empty government building ostensibly in the name of local ranchers there who were recently sentenced to prison for setting a fire on the public and they were leasing ( and who have publicly stated that the occupiers don't represent them). Once again, there may be at least an element of truth in their grievances, but I think they went about it all wrong by staging an armed takeover of property that clearly wasn't their's and threatening violence against anyone who tried to apprehend them.

As for last night's arrest/shooting in particular, there hasn't been enough information made public yet for me to say for sure. If Finicum was going quietly before being gunned down in cold blood, that's wrong and I won't defend the officers involved. However, until evidence comes out to prove that, I'm willing to give the officers the benefit of the doubt since he had made public his desire to die a martyr for his cause rather than be taken in for his actions.
Wildcat
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:07 am

d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down