The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctus Gladius Radio IMPORTANT NEWS regarding the new music laws.

+11
d@v!d
deathisgain
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
ThomasEversole
Tombie
KaramKaram
SirJahzeal
Temple of Blood
alldatndensum
lhversaw
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Sanctus Gladius Radio IMPORTANT NEWS regarding the new music laws. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sanctus Gladius Radio IMPORTANT NEWS regarding the new music laws.

Post by Blake Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks, I just signed up for the email list. Tombie if you would like to join of FB chat about merge discussions let us know and we will add you.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Sanctus Gladius Radio IMPORTANT NEWS regarding the new music laws. - Page 3 Empty Re: Sanctus Gladius Radio IMPORTANT NEWS regarding the new music laws.

Post by Blake Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:17 pm

For those interested in the development of the merge plans we might be enlisting your help to vote on a new name soon.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGuy Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:04 am

Very excited to see a merge taking place.. I think that may be even better for Christian metal. I've listened to all of you guys at one point or another, and you do great, and different works. If there's a way to pay 1 fee and still get all the radio broadcasts, I think it will be great. Plus it gives you one way to market the music, hopefully increasing popularity.

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:14 pm

I have been doing online radio since '04, let me know if you guys need any help. I have a lot of experience with Sam Broadcaster, programming, web design...etc.
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:35 am

Tombie wrote:I have been doing online radio since '04, let me know if you guys need any help. I have a lot of experience with Sam Broadcaster, programming, web design...etc.

Thanks, you've been at it longer than me. I did MBR since 2008, but as for SAM I'm good on that. I know David Garrison probably knows Centova very well (I do not personally), and I know SAM and PAL scripts, etc. Will definitely let you know if we need any help, likewise for you, we are always here to help anyone in the broadcasting community.
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombie Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:42 am

Thanks brother...
Tombie
Tombie
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.deadtoselfradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:18 am

Temple of Blood wrote:You can find most any music you want for free on YouTube.  I'm fairly certain a lot of it is as copyrighted as it could be.  Google makes millions by giving away others' art for free.

They have had years to crack down on this and haven't done a thing.  I see more music on there than ever.  Not to mention TV shows, etc.

I don't think any real crack down is coming.

Not sure it matters why you are giving out all of Led Zeppelin's music for free, just the fact that you are doing it should be enough to run afoul of common sense guidelines.

Youtube has an automatic system that detects copyrighted materials.

Copyright holders send Youtube video or audio files of their products and the second someone uploads a video, even if it's set as a private video, it goes through the automatic detection system. Then, based on what the copyright holder has decided, the automatic system either automatically puts ads on the video or it removes the video and gives the uploader a warning and some restrictions for Youtube use for 6 months. If the system puts ads, then the copyright holder gets part of the money the ad provides.

This system can be very stupid.
Here's an example:
-I made a video of Night of the Living Dead with all the zombies and references to them removed, so that the end result is somewhat odd and hilarious.
-The movie is PUBLIC DOMAIN (there's a reason why this movie has been released about 200 times by different companies - it's free for anyone to use)
-The automatic detection system suddenly flagged the video and I got a message that the video now has ads on it.
-I checked out who had made the copyright claim.
-It was some record company who has published an album that has one song which has a spoken sample from the movie.
-So, at the moment, the company gets money because their band has made a song which uses a sample of a public domain movie which I've re-cut and which doesn't have even a tenth of a second of any of their actual songs in it Very Happy

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:09 am

Airola wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:You can find most any music you want for free on YouTube.  I'm fairly certain a lot of it is as copyrighted as it could be.  Google makes millions by giving away others' art for free.

They have had years to crack down on this and haven't done a thing.  I see more music on there than ever.  Not to mention TV shows, etc.

I don't think any real crack down is coming.

Not sure it matters why you are giving out all of Led Zeppelin's music for free, just the fact that you are doing it should be enough to run afoul of common sense guidelines.

Youtube has an automatic system that detects copyrighted materials.

Copyright holders send Youtube video or audio files of their products and the second someone uploads a video, even if it's set as a private video, it goes through the automatic detection system. Then, based on what the copyright holder has decided, the automatic system either automatically puts ads on the video or it removes the video and gives the uploader a warning and some restrictions for Youtube use for 6 months. If the system puts ads, then the copyright holder gets part of the money the ad provides.

This system can be very stupid.
Here's an example:
-I made a video of Night of the Living Dead with all the zombies and references to them removed, so that the end result is somewhat odd and hilarious.
-The movie is PUBLIC DOMAIN (there's a reason why this movie has been released about 200 times by different companies - it's free for anyone to use)
-The automatic detection system suddenly flagged the video and I got a message that the video now has ads on it.
-I checked out who had made the copyright claim.
-It was some record company who has published an album that has one song which has a spoken sample from the movie.
-So, at the moment, the company gets money because their band has made a song which uses a sample of a public domain movie which I've re-cut and which doesn't have even a tenth of a second of any of their actual songs in it Very Happy
That's copyright winning sans tigers blood!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:16 am

We launched a funding campaign yesterday for the new station. If you feel led to do so, or wish to support us please take a look at our Patreon page:

https://www.patreon.com/blakesherwin?ty=c

There are a number of cool reward levels you may want to check out. To clear up some confusion though Patreon allows contributors to commit to supporting with monthly payments. The reason we set it up this way as opposed to kickstarter is because we will need ongoing operating expenses paid of roughly $1000 per year.

However if you would rather send a one-time contribution instead of a recurring monthly donation you can bypass the patreon altogether and send funds via paypal to:

donate@reanimatedradio.com

If anyone feels led to give $25 per month you will get to write a catchphrase for one of our 5 second station IDs (stingers) which will be sent off to be recorded and produced by a professional, now that's pretty cool!
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3