The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rez Band Hostage question....

+8
ThomasEversole
oteis
mrcd
TMLMKE
alldatndensum
eatbugs
bjorn agin
Soldier777
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rez Band Hostage question.... Empty Rez Band Hostage question....

Post by Soldier777 Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:44 pm

I recently received the Rez Band Hostage CD Grrr Records version in the mail.  The question I have is for the insert it is just a single sheet with art work on both sides and the credits on the inside. Does anyone else have this version with the same kind of insert?

Last edited by Soldier777 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Rez Band Hostage question.... Empty Re: Rez Band Hostage question....

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:44 pm

Nope don't have it.

I need to replace all my old Rez albums from cassette to CD.

Thanks for the reminder!

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:09 pm

I don't have Hostage, but I do have the Grrr Records reissue of Between Heaven 'N Hell. The booklet on that is a simple two page deal with a band pic and some credits on the inside. No lyrics. I seem to recall the original Sparrow issue of that album had lyrics included.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Yeah, the original Sparrow did. At least on my cassette it did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:29 pm

Ravenwolf - you gave the Sparrow Records version on Cd that has the single sheet insert? The reason why I asked was all of the other Grrr Records reissues has the 2 page on each side insert. I found it odd that the Hostage Grrr Records version had a single sheet insert. This CD and Bootleg is extremely rare. All I gave left to find in the Rez catalogue is the Bootleg CD.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:50 am

No, I only have an old cassette. Need to upgrade to CD though. Mine is Sparrow and has lyrics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Ravenwolf - you gave the Sparrow Records version on Cd that has the single sheet insert? The reason why I asked was all of the other Grrr Records reissues has the 2 page on each side insert. I found it odd that the Hostage Grrr Records version had a single sheet insert. This CD and Bootleg is extremely rare. All I gave left to find in the Rez catalogue is the Bootleg CD.

My Resurrection Band Obsession:

Rez Band Hostage question.... Rezbandcollection

To the best of my knowledge this is everything they every released in any format, with the exception of Rainbow's End on cassette and Between Heaven 'N Hell on CD, both of which have been ordered thanks to your post reminding me I was still missing a couple.

My CDs of Hostage, Bootleg, Innocent Blood, Rainbow's End, and Awaiting Your Reply are all Grrr releases, and Hostage and Bootleg have single page inserts while the other three have two page. To the best of my knowledge, Innocent Blood was not released on CD in the US; I got my copy from someone in Europe. However, it does not appear to be a bootleg, as it is from Grrr Records. I've seen a couple on Discogs for $7, one here in the US, so I could be wrong about this only be released outside the US).

Although Grrr also re-released DMZ, my copy is an original from Light Records which also has a two page insert.

My CD copy of Silence Screams might very well be a bootleg, as it was released by Syntax Distribution and to my knowledge it was never officially released on CD. Other than that, all CDs are official release (as opposed to CD-Rs that Amazon sells).

Several of my cassettes are unopened.

I also have one other CD not in the picture, given to me by Xid, an Innocent Blood single CD with 80,000 Underground and Altar of Pain.

(edit: if there's no picture, my dropbox server might be down. The picture should come back after a while)

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:50 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:20 am

That's awesome Beardad!!! I only had a few albums all on cassette. Sure would like to get all those on CD though.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:33 am

That's amazing BearDad!

Are you sure about Silence Screams?  My copy is a Grrr release with a 2-page insert.  It doesn't appear to be a bootleg or CDr.  I don't remember where I got it though so I could be way wrong.

I'm going to have to track down Hostage and Bootleg.  I didn't know they had ever been released on CD. Very Happy

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:00 am

eatbugs wrote:That's amazing BearDad!

Are you sure about Silence Screams?  My copy is a Grrr release with a 2-page insert.  It doesn't appear to be a bootleg or CDr.  I don't remember where I got it though so I could be way wrong.

I'm going to have to track down Hostage and Bootleg.  I didn't know they had ever been released on CD. Very Happy

Mine is the same.  If it is a bootleg, it is one of the best ones I've ever seen.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:26 am

alldatndensum wrote:

Mine is the same.  If it is a bootleg, it is one of the best ones I've ever seen.

I think "bootleg" was the wrong term. It's clearly a CD-R, so perhaps Syntax had/has permssion to burn CD-Rs from a "master" copy or MP3s. And they probably distribute through Amazon.com and Towerrecords.com, as the pictures for both those sites display are of the Syntax insert.

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 am

Side Note: If anyone ever wants to know if they are holding a CDr or a CD, I use ImgBurn 

After installing, put the CD in your drive, open ImgBurn, and choose the "Discovery" option, and it will tell you all the technical information about your disc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:42 am

No, I'm not positive about any of it. Smile I did a little more digging this morning, and it appears you might be right about it being available at one time.

There's one available from Italy via Discogs, supposedly the Grrr/Ocean release, for a mere $28 plus shipping (they don't tack that on until you agree to buy; I've been skewered by that more than once! Sad). Another is available on eBay for $43 shipped (ouch!), but that could just as easily be the CD-R I already have. Amazon.com and towerrecords.com claim to have it in stock, but based on the price ($14) and picture it is definitely the same CD-R I have; you can see the little Syntax symbol in the corner. A used one is also available via Amazon.com for $40 shipped (again, ouch!); I've sent the seller a question asking which one it is (I'm betting it's the CD-R). I also sent a query to the Discogs seller; if the answer on either one is that it's the "real McCoy" I might have to buy it. With the $30 I just spent on the Between Heaven N Hell CD and the $4 on the Rainbow's End cassette, that would make over $60 spent on my obsession. I think I need therapy!  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:15 am

Hi.  I'm Eatbugs and I'm a Christian metal addict.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:29 am

BearDad wrote:

No, I'm not positive about any of it. Smile I did a little more digging this morning, and it appears you might be right about it being available at one time.

There's one available from Italy via Discogs, supposedly the Grrr/Ocean release, for a mere $28 plus shipping (they don't tack that on until you agree to buy; I've been skewered by that more than once! Sad). Another is available on eBay for $43 shipped (ouch!), but that could just as easily be the CD-R I already have. Amazon.com and towerrecords.com claim to have it in stock, but based on the price ($14) and picture it is definitely the same CD-R I have; you can see the little Syntax symbol in the corner. A used one is also available via Amazon.com for $40 shipped (again, ouch!); I've sent the seller a question asking which one it is (I'm betting it's the CD-R). I also sent a query to the Discogs seller; if the answer on either one is that it's the "real McCoy" I might have to buy it. With the $30 I just spent on the Between Heaven N Hell CD and the $4 on the Rainbow's End cassette, that would make over $60 spent on my obsession. I think I need therapy!  Rolling Eyes

Follow-up: Italy replied to my query saying it is "very original CD". Not sure how something is very original, but OK.  They did add "by ocean records."  So I think I'll be out another $30+ bucks.  (Don't tell my wife!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:08 pm

BearDad wrote:
Soldier777 wrote:Ravenwolf - you gave the Sparrow Records version on Cd that has the single sheet insert? The reason why I asked was all of the other Grrr Records reissues has the 2 page on each side insert. I found it odd that the Hostage Grrr Records version had a single sheet insert. This CD and Bootleg is extremely rare. All I gave left to find in the Rez catalogue is the Bootleg CD.

My Resurrection Band Obsession:

Rez Band Hostage question.... 2016-01-17%2020.37.47

To the best of my knowledge this is everything they every released in any format, with the exception of Rainbow's End on cassette and Between Heaven 'N Hell on CD, both of which have been ordered thanks to your post reminding me I was still missing a couple.

My CDs of Hostage, Bootleg, Innocent Blood, Rainbow's End, and Awaiting Your Reply are all Grrr releases, and Hostage and Bootleg have single page inserts while the other three have two page. To the best of my knowledge, Innocent Blood was not released on CD in the US; I got my copy from someone in Europe. However, it does not appear to be a bootleg, as it is from Grrr Records. 

Although Grrr also re-released DMZ, my copy is an original from Light Records which also has a two page insert.

My CD copy of Silence Screams might very well be a bootleg, as it was released by Syntax Distribution and to my knowledge it was never officially released on CD. Other than that, all CDs are official release (as opposed to CD-Rs that Amazon sells).

Several of my cassettes are unopened.

I also have one other CD not in the picture, given to me by Xid, an Innocent Blood single CD with 80,000 Underground and Altar of Pain.
Don't you have the Beyond Music DVD? Shame on you... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
Don't you have the Beyond Music DVD? Shame on you... Rolling Eyes

Stop! I can't spend more money! $17 (prime shipping) on Amazon, but only $10 (inc. shipping) from Grrr.  <sigh> (she's gonna kill me!)

(btw, I may have screwed up your post because I renamed the picture on dropbox. Sorry. Sad )

Last edited by BearDad on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:27 pm

The only Rez band album i had was DMZ and that was on cassette

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks for the info Beardad. I have all the Rez albums on CD exempt for Bootleg - would you trade or sell your copy? From Innocent Blood to Ampendectomy I have original issues. Awaiting, Rainbow, DMZ, Hostage and Heaven and Hell, Silence Screams are Grrr Records and Colors and Mommy are Retroactive Records.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Thanks for the info Beardad. I have all the Rez albums on CD exempt for Bootleg - would you trade or sell your copy? From Innocent Blood to Ampendectomy I have original issues. Awaiting, Rainbow, DMZ, Hostage and Heaven and Hell, Silence Screams are Grrr Records and Colors and Mommy are Retroactive Records.

Sorry. It's part of the collection, so it's staying where it is.

Colours, DMZ, Mommy, and Light Years are all from Light Records
Compact Favorites is from Sparrow.
All others except Screams are from Ocean/Grrr.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:02 pm

I was going to buy the copy of Silence Screams from Italy via Discogs, but he just upped the price by $10! Fuggettiboutit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Im embarassed to say I saw them live once (thats not the embarassing part) the embarassing part was during the set I fell asleep. Was working 3rd shift hadnt slept yet though I tried all day to get some zzzzzzs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Aaron C wrote:Im embarassed to say I saw them live once (thats not the embarassing part) the embarassing part was during the set I fell asleep. Was working 3rd shift hadnt slept yet though I tried all day to get some zzzzzzs

Must have been during a slower song. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:24 pm

I saw Rez live twice back in the day! One time they toured alone and a local Alternative Rock band opened. The other time they were touring with Sacred Warrior!!! That was AWESOME!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:07 am

Soldier777 wrote:I recently received the Rez Band Hostage CD Grrr Records version in the mail.  The question I he is for the insert it is just a single sheet with art work on both sides and the credits on the inside. Does anyone else have this version with the same kind of insert?

I wish I could find a CD copy of this!  I would even settle for the Syntax version.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next