The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW MEGADETH IT'S HERE!

+23
Metal15
Tobi Elektrik
MikeInFla
11razorwire
RobbVII
TheOldMan2084
KaramKaram
TMLMKE
Superjuice
Politemetalhead
Friday13th
Follower of Jesus
MegaNorm64
Machine Fish
alldatndensum
CrimsonWarrior
DevZor
Airola
bigtreads
Temple of Blood
exo
sentient 6
d@v!d
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NEW MEGADETH IT'S HERE! - Page 3 Empty Re: NEW MEGADETH IT'S HERE!

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:03 pm

I've listened to this one a few more times, and I guess I don't like it as much as Endgame. But don't get me wrong this is a very solid release. I still like the song writing and different tempos on Endgame a bit more.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:45 pm

The japanese bonus track is all kinds of awesome:

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:57 am

If you buy this are target for 13.99 you get it FREE on vinyl. Went to the store and they didn't have it but I ordered online and it is being sent to the store. There is a redemption code inside the CD for a vinyl copy. 

http://www.target.com/p/megadeth-dystopia-target-exclusive/-/A-50563298#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=megadeth
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:03 am

*sigh* I am still waiting for my preorder to be shipped. I guess I could listen to it on Spotify or something, but I want to wait until I have the CD in my hands, y'know?
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:06 pm

Bought mine at Target yesterday. When I opened it I saw no code for the vinyl version. I searched and searched. I eventually decided it must've been forgotten so I went back in the store to complain. They let me get another one and I opened it at the service desk. This one had a code for the vinyl copy. Not bad for 13.99. Got it on CD AND vinyl. Entered the code for the free vinyl this morning and it will be shipping in a few days.

NEW MEGADETH IT'S HERE! - Page 3 50563298?wid=480&hei=480

I pulled off the flap pictured above and there was nothing on the flap, it was blank on the inside. Then I looked at the booklet and read the fine print, still nothing... Thought it was kinda strange so I decided to return it. Sure enough there is a placard inside with a code redeemable for a vinyl copy.

By the way, OldMan, this is a pretty good release. If you are still waiting on it, cancel it and pick it up at Target. Even if you don't have a record player it would be cool just for the artwork to have on vinyl.  And it is on Spotify so you can hear it there.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TMLMKE Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:46 pm

What bonus tracks are on the Best Buy version?
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:24 pm

Yeah, I'd personally buy it from Best Buy. You get these bonus tracks:

8. Look Who's Talking
12. Last Dying Wish
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbVII Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:48 pm

I digitally pre ordered it and then I was in Best Buy the other day and picked up the CD. The bonus songs are very good also. For me, I think this is the best since Countdown.  Shocked
RobbVII
RobbVII
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:02 am

RobbVII wrote:I digitally pre ordered it and then I was in Best Buy the other day and picked up the CD. The bonus songs are very good also. For me, I think this is the best since Countdown.  Shocked
 I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Love Kiko on guitars. But yeah, I was also thinking Countdown on this one. Have played it every day since I got it, can't wait to play in on vinyl.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:23 pm

The album charted #3 in the Billboard 200  Rockin Loud
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:38 am

So I broke down the other day and bought it at Walmart (we don't have Target or Best Buy nearby). I have to say, it's really, really good. Easily as good as Endgame... maybe better. I have to give it more spins. Really like it so far!

That said, I'm pretty annoyed with their pre-order delays. I still haven't gotten a shipping notice and I've emailed them twice! Ugh! Should a big band have their stuff together?
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbVII Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:54 am

They can't all be wrong!

UNITED STATES

"Megadeth sound reborn on Dystopia." – Rolling Stone
"...vital and menacing thrash." – Rolling Stone
"The riffs are heavy enough to crater a parking lot but with just the right amount of math and post-Zeppelin exotica to them." – LA Weekly
"...the Megadeth of old is back." – Decibel
"Riffing is their business . . . and business is good: The latest iteration of thrash-metal titans Megadeth brings the heat on a blistering 15th album, Dystopia." – Boston Globe
"Dystopia marks another classic entry in an already impressive discography." – Outburn
"Dystopia is the sound of a band that's re-energized. Fifteen albums into their legendary career, the resilient Megadeth continue to impress." – Loudwire
"Dystopia is an exciting follow up to Super Collider mostly because it’s showing that, even after 30 years and 15 albums, Megadeth continues to evolve." 4/5 – Bloody Disgusting
"..."business is good" and Megadeth are still as relevant as they were some 30 years ago." 8.5/10 – PureGrainAudio
"Dystopia is not only a great Megadeth album, it sounds like the band is back even sharper, meaner and heavier than they’ve been in a very long time." 5/5 – New Noise Magazine
AUSTRALIA
"With a razor-sharp production that harks back to the precision of Rust In Peace, Mustaine may have shied away from reuniting that album's line-up, but he's succeeded in recapturing its classic sound." – Rolling Stone Australia
"The influence of the new members shouldn't be underestimated - Adler brings the perspective of a lifelong fan to proceedings, while Loureiro's guitar work is astonishing - but ultimately this is Mustaine's vision. And it, like his vocal sneer, is firing on all cylinders." – Rolling Stone Australia
"A record packing thrashy riffs, cinematic peaks, and more than a few nods to that wonderful, old-school Megadeth tone." – Australian Guitar Magazine
"Dystopia is a classic example of something amazing arising from the toughest of circumstances." – Australian Guitar Magazine
BELGIUM
"With the arrival of the Brazilian Guitarist Kiko Loureiro and drummer Chris Adler from Lamb of God, Megadeth have made a comeback – Dystopia is probably their best album of the past 2 decades." – Rock Tribune magazine
"Fans will be delighted by this vintage Megadeth record." – Rock Tribune magazine
"The alchemy between Mustaine and Loureiro is obvious." – Rock Tribune magazine
COLOMBIA
"Dystopia is the return of a renewed band, with new blood, determined not to cede the throne of metal that has earned years ago." – Colombian Fan Club
DENMARK
"After the average albums Th1rt3en (2011) and Super Collider (2013), I have to say that with Dystopia, the band is really back. The songs are much better written and it all sounds better arranged – the pleasure is back!" 9/10 – Powerofmetal
"Almost everything is better than on both predecessors. The music sounds very fresh, they sound again like some young guys who have to prove that they are the next big thing and they are gonna blow all the other new thrash bands away." 9/10 – Powerofmetal
"Dystopia is a phenomenal record, and it feels like Megadeth has returned to past greatness and strength." – Metalized magazine
FINLAND
"Dystopia... is the most muscular Megadeth in years." 4/5 – Inferno magazine
"Dystopia is 120% Megadeth when it comes to the sounds and the cover art’s cold metal ambience." 4/5 – Inferno magazine
FRANCE
"Dystopia, the 15th studio album of veteran metal rockers Megadeth, will blow you away! Get ready for some massive riffs and for a Dave Mustaine at the top of his game..." – Metal Obs
GERMANY
"This is what good Thrash albums are made of, and with Megadeth it's the best album since Countdown To Extinction" 8.5/10 + Album of the month – Rock Hard
"Mission accomplished!" 5/5 – Metal Hammer Germany
"This album includes everything Megadeth stands for." – Break Out
ITALY
"After an atypical release as Super Collider, Megadeth are back! Dystopia is mountain of riffs and solos as a Megadeth album should be, with a guitar duo with no rivals: Dave Mustaine and Kiko Loureiro." – Metallus
JAPAN
"...hardly Dystopia as the album is called, but almost utopia to all metalheads." – BURRN! magazine
POLAND
"Dystopia is an instant classic.” – Teraz Rock
SPAIN
"The music is pure Megadeth, relentless riffs and well-built songs, following the line we all want and expect from a band like them, heavy Mustaine metal." – Metal Hammer Spain
SWITZERLAND
"Only in January, Megadeth's Dystopia qualifies as one of the best releases in 2016." – TRACKS magazine
"Dystopia could have been the direct successor of Countdown To Extinction." – TRACKS magazine
"On Dystopia you hear the best Megadeth line-up since 1998." – TRACKS magazine
UNITED KINGDOM
"Megadeth’s fifteenth studio record begins with exotic crooning, before giving way to a buzzing riff which has Dave Mustaine’s distinctive fingerprints all over it." – Metal Hammer
RobbVII
RobbVII
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:10 pm

It's an amazing effort, glad to see it paying off and getting the proper recognition.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:45 pm

It's my favorite since Countdown. Have been playing it nonstop since getting it on Tuesday. Can't wait for the vinyl LP to come in!!!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:38 pm

I Need to get this album, I think I want to get it at Target so I can get it on Vinyl too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:33 am

I'm not really familiar with their classic albums. I never got into Dave's vocals and the last albums were ... hmm ... quite blunt.

But I listened to Dystopia maybe three times now and I have to admit: I'm REALLY impressed. The vocals are really cool, the production is crisp, the guitar sound is just perfect (heavy but also VERY clean - you can hear ALL the details) and the musicianship is outstanding. Definitely one of the best Megadeth albums.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:26 am

Tobi Elektrik wrote:I'm not really familiar with their classic albums. I never got into Dave's vocals and the last albums were ... hmm ... quite blunt.

But I listened to Dystopia maybe three times now and I have to admit: I'm REALLY impressed. The vocals are really cool, the production is crisp, the guitar sound is just perfect (heavy but also VERY clean - you can hear ALL the details) and the musicianship is outstanding. Definitely one of the best Megadeth albums.
Go on Spotify and listen to Countdown To Extinction, Rust In Peace, Peace Sells and Killing Is My Business.... In that order. After that is done try Youthasia and So Far So Good. The System Has Failed from 2004 is pretty good too.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal15 Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:31 am

Really happy with this new album, as a diehard Megadeth fan. Dystopia is pretty much all I've been listening to since it's been released.
Metal15
Metal15
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://metal15likesmetal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:05 am

Finally got around to playing the vinyl version on my turntable yesterday afternoon. Sounds good!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:36 pm

the vinyl looks cool..anyone checked out the best buy version with the virtual reality glasses?

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Which is better?

NEW MEGADETH IT'S HERE! - Page 3 Iced-earth-dystopia  VS.  NEW MEGADETH IT'S HERE! - Page 3 Megadeth-dystopia

?
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:36 pm

For me MegaDeth! Don't know anything about the Best Buy version some are referring to. Our Best Buy just had a fire and has been closed. Dont know if they reopened yet.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:31 am

Superjuice wrote:Which is better?

NEW MEGADETH IT'S HERE! - Page 3 Iced-earth-dystopia  VS.  NEW MEGADETH IT'S HERE! - Page 3 Megadeth-dystopia

?

Iced Earth over Megadeth any day. Any album. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:07 am

The megadeth one at least has a few good riffs and some interesting drumming, something iced earth haven't had in years.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:23 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Tobi Elektrik wrote:I'm not really familiar with their classic albums. I never got into Dave's vocals and the last albums were ... hmm ... quite blunt.

Go on Spotify and listen to Countdown To Extinction, Rust In Peace, Peace Sells and Killing Is My Business.... In that order. After that is done try Youthasia and So Far So Good. The System Has Failed from 2004 is pretty good too.
I did it in this order,  System Has Failed, then Youthanasia, then Rust in Peace, Countdown and then Peace Sells  (I dont have Killing is my business yet)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next