The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I believe there is a spiritual problem here on the CMR.

+14
messiaen77
CrimsonWarrior
ThomasEversole
MegaNorm64
Deepfriar
Grindboy
Samson
Candlemass
deathisgain
KaramKaram
alldatndensum
Peter who was Vaak
sadvader
d@v!d
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I believe there is a spiritual problem here on the CMR. - Page 3 Empty Re: I believe there is a spiritual problem here on the CMR.

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:32 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Just the fact that we can't agree and the thread feels like a powder keg about to ignite tells me that we are not ready for that which is being asked.

As a 14 year veteran and someone who spent time for a number of years as staff, just putting more rules won't keep the drama down.  A public forum attracts people from all walks of life and the internet gives people a forum where they don't have to hide.  They feel safe behind the keyboard.  That creates drama and even monsters.  It has happened here over and over and over.  I've lost a lot of friends.  I've even been the cause of some problems.  I can admit that.  However, people will not police themselves and it will get out of hand.  AGAIN.  We don't learn from our mistakes as humans and we will walk that ground again.

Start it back up again if you want, mods and admins.  I won't be going in there.  It is just a fight waiting to happen, and it will.
Again, I'm not vying for the reopening of the TR necesarily. I mentioned it as it is symbolic of the freedom to discuss topic in the light of a Christian perspective, something that can't happen here now. It doesn't matter if there is contention or not, if it gets too religious, it closes.

BTW, I don't think this thread is any kind of powder keg. There are disagreements and a bit of emotion but everything is civil.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

I believe there is a spiritual problem here on the CMR. - Page 3 Empty Re: I believe there is a spiritual problem here on the CMR.

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:36 pm

messiaen77 wrote:I'd like to go back to D@vid's original post.

I'm not sure I'd call the problem spiritual at its root, but it definitely has spiritual implications.  It is not a problem limited to this board, it is a problem that is rampant in society.  Someone on up the comments already made that point.  I believe it is rooted in fear.  We live in a time when there is so much uncertainty that we tend to cling to those things we hold as Truth and feel threatened when those things come under fire.  Whether it is a theology, an ideology, or a particular leader, we have come to identify with those things we hold dear and consider them an extension of ourselves because they provide security and comfort.  So I understand what Thomas is saying about Joyce Meyer (and in retrospect what Aaron had said previously about Joel Osteen).  I want to say something about this that I have said before, but this time more rationally and less emotionally.  We can never control what other people think or say or do, the only thing we can control is how we react to it.  D@vid talked about maturity, and that reminds me of what Paul said:  "When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, and I reasoned like a child.  But when I became a man, I put those childish ways behind me."  As a society (and this board as a subset of that society), I think the problem is that we are carrying those childish ways into adulthood.  I see it when people want to control what college professors teach in their classes because God forbid they are ever exposed to a new or different idea.  I see it when groups of people demand that images and icons of the past be removed or covered up because it makes them uncomfortable rather than using those images as a reminder of what has been and to strengthen our resolve to not return to that.  I see it when people who have different political ideas would rather resort to namecalling and character attacks than actually discussing those differences.  I see it when people default to using violence to solve their problems rather than trying to work things out in other ways.  I see it people who can't just let things go, but have to respond to every slight--real or perceived.  We are scared, and when we are afraid, we seek safety and security and try to shut out anything that makes us feel otherwise.  I get that and I feel that.  I guess what I'm beating around the bush saying is that I disagree that "we all have attained maturity that we can keep each other in check".  If that was true, then it would be easy to be a moderator.  Some of you may be feeling singled out by what I'm writing, and I promise you I am not pointing fingers at anyone.  I am speaking as much to myself as I am any other person.

Here's the other thing about fear:  God's love casts out fear.  Yes, we have a lot of divisions on this board, but that is because we have a lot of different people.  Politically we have people who are super conservative and people who are pretty daggone liberal and middle of the roaders like myself.  Theologically we have Reformed folks, free grace folks, Evangelicals, Progressives, Catholics, Pentecostals, Holiness, Wesleyans, and people who just say screw it all I just love Jesus.  Not to mention the people who aren't even Christian.  We've got people in all walks of life.  The Word of God divides, but it isn't divisive.  That's on us.  What we need is a whole lot more of God's love in this joint.  I'll be honest:  I hate when people come here and start talking all kinds of trash about Obama as a person.  Not because I support him--he wasn't my 1st, 2nd, or 854th choice for President--but because God's love isn't in it.  And surely saying "I'm not going to buy the new Tourniquet album because because I don't like all of the animal rights lyrics" is enough and we don't need to berate Ted because he believes so deeply in this.  We seem too forgetful that our call isn't to speak the truth, it is to speak the truth IN LOVE.  I'm not talking the hippie-dippie "it's all cool because we have love" kinda thing, I'm talking about the attitude of our hearts.  I believe there are some who feel passionately that WoF/prosperity/whatever teachers are fleecing the flock and are doing the work of Satan and they speak out against them because they genuinely do not want anyone to fall prey to them.  There are others who feel that they have been ministered to greatly by those same ministers.  Instead of duking it out, how about we just leave it at stating your thoughts and allowing the Holy Spirit to do its work?  Just a thought.
Well said. Good points. Although, I remain optimistic that we can have discussions on any subject matter and keep ourselves in check.

This thread seems to also be serving as an exercise in self awareness. Maybe we should have more of them time to time to keep us in shape.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:47 pm

d@v!d wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Just the fact that we can't agree and the thread feels like a powder keg about to ignite tells me that we are not ready for that which is being asked.

As a 14 year veteran and someone who spent time for a number of years as staff, just putting more rules won't keep the drama down.  A public forum attracts people from all walks of life and the internet gives people a forum where they don't have to hide.  They feel safe behind the keyboard.  That creates drama and even monsters.  It has happened here over and over and over.  I've lost a lot of friends.  I've even been the cause of some problems.  I can admit that.  However, people will not police themselves and it will get out of hand.  AGAIN.  We don't learn from our mistakes as humans and we will walk that ground again.

Start it back up again if you want, mods and admins.  I won't be going in there.  It is just a fight waiting to happen, and it will.
Again, I'm not vying for the reopening of the TR necesarily. I mentioned it as it is symbolic of the freedom to discuss topic in the light of a Christian perspective, something that can't happen here now. It doesn't matter if there is contention or not, if it gets too religious, it closes.

BTW, I don't think this thread is any kind of powder keg. There are disagreements and a bit of emotion but everything is civil.

Disagreements + emotion = potential powder keg.

Also, how is not having a room not having freedom?  Your rights have not been stripped away.  You have the right to start a board and run it the way you see fit.  The CMR doesn't control you or the internet.  As I stated before, this is Arttie's house.  You don't come into my house and tell or even ask me how to run my affairs.  I don't see this message board or my own or Facebook/Twitter any different.  If you don't like the fixtures, build your own house.  Otherwise, you play by the house rules.  This is what our actions brought to us, and we should learn to be thankful that only closing a room is all that happened.  Multiple bannings should have occured but Arttie is a forgiving and graceful man.  Can't we just leave it at that?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:20 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
d@v!d wrote:

Disagreements + emotion = potential powder keg.

Also, how is not having a room not having freedom?  Your rights have not been stripped away.  You have the right to start a board and run it the way you see fit.  The CMR doesn't control you or the internet.  As I stated before, this is Arttie's house.  You don't come into my house and tell or even ask me how to run my affairs.  I don't see this message board or my own or Facebook/Twitter any different.  If you don't like the fixtures, build your own house.  Otherwise, you play by the house rules.  This is what our actions brought to us, and we should learn to be thankful that only closing a room is all that happened.  Multiple bannings should have occured but Arttie is a forgiving and graceful man.  Can't we just leave it at that?
Well it ain't exploded till it's exploded.

You don't seem to be reading what I'm writing well. I'm not and haven't been asking for a room. I made the observation that there is a spiritual problem here as evidenced by the fact that this is a 'Christian' message board where you can't speak your opinion on anything that touches religion too much and I suspect that it's because it's too offensive some. Am I wrong about that?

Further, I already explained how this forum is all of ours.

I posted this to bring the subject up as I am frustrated by having peaceful discussions closed only for a dogmatic rule, but it is in no way a demand for change. It is really just something for us to reflect upon. What are we so scared of?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:31 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
Adam wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:If an addendum was made to the rules that no flaming/insults/degradation of including (but not limited to) persons in the media, organizations, ways of thinking, beliefs different from their own, music preference, genres of music, etc. is allowed.  “Everyone is welcome to disagree, but don’t speak in negative connotations to something/someone that another forum member may be emotionally/mentally/spiritually involved in.

But this is an unBiblical approach. Calling people names is perfectly acceptable by Christ's standards if they deserve it. Please see the following:

Matthew 23:27, Jesus called out the Pharisees and said they were like "whitewashed tombs"
Matthew 23:33, Jesus called the Pharisees "Serpents, brood of vipers!"
Luke 13:32, Jesus called Herod a "fox"
Matthew 15:26, Jesus called the Canaanite woman a "little dog"

Wooooooooooooow.  We've been doing it right all along.  Mods, change the forum rules now.
Anyone who disagrees with me abusing "righteous namecalling" is a dick.

Seriously, I think there's a HUGE difference in Christ (who commands authority) calling a PHRARISEE a serpent...
...and Joe calling Tim names here.

Well, we are called to be like Christ. WWJD and all that. When someone directly opposes Scripture, I'm allowed to call them whatever is relevant, whether it be heretic, blasphemer, serpent, snake.

I'm not sure why you feel that we get to pick and choose what parts of Christ to be like.

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:56 pm

The I would like for someone to specifically point out where staff has said "don't talk about God".  There seems to be this perception......dare I say grudge......floating just under the surface about this, and yet I daresay words are being put into the staff's mouth over this matter.

It also just absolutely KILLS me that a thread gets closed, and somehow the STAFF is to blame rather than the posters engaging in the same crap that gets threads locked AGAIN.  That, my friends , is a full load of pure, unadulterated horsecrap.

I, for one, don't appreciate it.  Not in the slightest.

The problem here is not about "talking about God".  The problem here is that people don't want to engage in civil discussion once matters get religious in nature. They want to behave like petulant children when another poster ruffles their feathers a bit.  It's ALWAYS been an issue of behavior, rather than content.  There's plentiful examples of it already in this thread, more than enough to merit me giving this one lockdown as well.  If certain participants here can't see or understand that, I'm not sure what else can be done to enlighten them.

If you feel differently about it, well, your perception of the matter is flat out wrong......and it's not up for discussion.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:47 pm

TR or no TR, there will still be loads of junk being spewed. The spiritual problem is a lack of respect for each other and for each other's opinions. This thread is exhibit A.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Bingo Driven!
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:24 pm

exo wrote:The I would like for someone to specifically point out where staff has said "don't talk about God". 
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t7158-please-read-theology-realm

There seems to be this perception......dare I say grudge......floating just under the surface about this, and yet I daresay words are being put into the staff's mouth over this matter.

It also just absolutely KILLS me that a thread gets closed, and somehow the STAFF is to blame rather than the posters engaging in the same crap that gets threads locked AGAIN.  That, my friends , is a full load of pure, unadulterated horsecrap.

I, for one, don't appreciate it.  Not in the slightest.
I'm not blaming staff here. I'm saying there's a problem here that we can't talk about God while this is supposed to be a Christian forum. This is no veiled attack upon you or anyone. Please don't take it that way.
The problem here is not about "talking about God".  The problem here is that people don't want to engage in civil discussion once matters get religious in nature. They want to behave like petulant children when another poster ruffles their feathers a bit.  It's ALWAYS been an issue of behavior, rather than content.  There's plentiful examples of it already in this thread, more than enough to merit me giving this one lockdown as well.  If certain participants here can't see or understand that, I'm not sure what else can be done to enlighten them.
I get it, I think we all get it that there are issues of behavior, but I think those issues are far overstated. There is nothing in this thread that warrants closing. Some people have disagreed about some things and some have gotten a little emotional, but nobody has gone ad-hominem or gone about bashing others.

We can go about enforcing silence and call that peace, but it isn't true peace.
    If you feel differently about it, well, your perception of the matter is flat out wrong......and it's not up for discussion.
It's OK if you don't wish to discuss this further. I'm glad you have given your opinion and that you have a strong opinion. If you think I'm wrong, I accept that, but I still am not convinced that I'm wrong. I'm sorry that you feel offended. Please try not to take offense. I think this whole thing is a legitimate discourse for us.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Driven wrote:TR or no TR, there will still be loads of junk being spewed. The spiritual problem is a lack of respect for each other and for each other's opinions. This thread is exhibit A.
Where is this lack of respect demonstrated?

Please point it out to me.

Regards.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:28 pm

exo wrote:The I would like for someone to specifically point out where staff has said "don't talk about God".  There seems to be this perception......dare I say grudge......floating just under the surface about this, and yet I daresay words are being put into the staff's mouth over this matter.

It also just absolutely KILLS me that a thread gets closed, and somehow the STAFF is to blame rather than the posters engaging in the same crap that gets threads locked AGAIN.  That, my friends , is a full load of pure, unadulterated horsecrap.

The problem here is not about "talking about God".  The problem here is that people don't want to engage in civil discussion once matters get religious in nature. They want to behave like petulant children when another poster ruffles their feathers a bit.  It's ALWAYS been an issue of behavior, rather than content.  There's plentiful examples of it already in this thread, more than enough to merit me giving this one lockdown as well.  If certain participants here can't see or understand that, I'm not sure what else can be done to enlighten them.

Well said.  It's not the subject matter that is the problem it's the way some people cannot seem to remain civil over disagreement.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:30 pm

messiaen77 wrote:
d@v!d wrote:I believe there is a spiritual problem here on the CMR.

When you forbid Christians to talk about the Word of God on a "Christian" message board you got your priorities wrong in my opinion.

I get that some people do not like their beliefs and world views challenged as such that they wish to shut down dialog, but you'd think that they simply would just ignore threads that do and certainly not post in such thread to invite push-back.

The Word of God divides and that’s why you are seeing denominations split over stuff like homosexuality. A lot of us here are already divided, but we should never be afraid of a free-flow of ideas around here.

What shouldn’t be allowed to divide us is name calling, trolling, and pestering each other. I think that we all have attained maturity that we can keep each other in check if one of us falters in one of the areas.

It’s been over a year since the ‘theology’ forum was closed and it’s beginning to seem like it’s more than just a peace keeping measure. Why are we so afraid to discuss matters of Christian truth?
I'd like to go back to D@vid's original post.

I'm not sure I'd call the problem spiritual at its root, but it definitely has spiritual implications.  It is not a problem limited to this board, it is a problem that is rampant in society.  Someone on up the comments already made that point.  I believe it is rooted in fear.  We live in a time when there is so much uncertainty that we tend to cling to those things we hold as Truth and feel threatened when those things come under fire.  Whether it is a theology, an ideology, or a particular leader, we have come to identify with those things we hold dear and consider them an extension of ourselves because they provide security and comfort.  So I understand what Thomas is saying about Joyce Meyer (and in retrospect what Aaron had said previously about Joel Osteen).  I want to say something about this that I have said before, but this time more rationally and less emotionally.  We can never control what other people think or say or do, the only thing we can control is how we react to it.  D@vid talked about maturity, and that reminds me of what Paul said:  "When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, and I reasoned like a child.  But when I became a man, I put those childish ways behind me."  As a society (and this board as a subset of that society), I think the problem is that we are carrying those childish ways into adulthood.  I see it when people want to control what college professors teach in their classes because God forbid they are ever exposed to a new or different idea.  I see it when groups of people demand that images and icons of the past be removed or covered up because it makes them uncomfortable rather than using those images as a reminder of what has been and to strengthen our resolve to not return to that.  I see it when people who have different political ideas would rather resort to namecalling and character attacks than actually discussing those differences.  I see it when people default to using violence to solve their problems rather than trying to work things out in other ways.  I see it people who can't just let things go, but have to respond to every slight--real or perceived.  We are scared, and when we are afraid, we seek safety and security and try to shut out anything that makes us feel otherwise.  I get that and I feel that.  I guess what I'm beating around the bush saying is that I disagree that "we all have attained maturity that we can keep each other in check".  If that was true, then it would be easy to be a moderator.  Some of you may be feeling singled out by what I'm writing, and I promise you I am not pointing fingers at anyone.  I am speaking as much to myself as I am any other person.

Here's the other thing about fear:  God's love casts out fear.  Yes, we have a lot of divisions on this board, but that is because we have a lot of different people.  Politically we have people who are super conservative and people who are pretty daggone liberal and middle of the roaders like myself.  Theologically we have Reformed folks, free grace folks, Evangelicals, Progressives, Catholics, Pentecostals, Holiness, Wesleyans, and people who just say screw it all I just love Jesus.  Not to mention the people who aren't even Christian.  We've got people in all walks of life.  The Word of God divides, but it isn't divisive.  That's on us.  What we need is a whole lot more of God's love in this joint.  I'll be honest:  I hate when people come here and start talking all kinds of trash about Obama as a person.  Not because I support him--he wasn't my 1st, 2nd, or 854th choice for President--but because God's love isn't in it.  And surely saying "I'm not going to buy the new Tourniquet album because because I don't like all of the animal rights lyrics" is enough and we don't need to berate Ted because he believes so deeply in this.  We seem too forgetful that our call isn't to speak the truth, it is to speak the truth IN LOVE.  I'm not talking the hippie-dippie "it's all cool because we have love" kinda thing, I'm talking about the attitude of our hearts.  I believe there are some who feel passionately that WoF/prosperity/whatever teachers are fleecing the flock and are doing the work of Satan and they speak out against them because they genuinely do not want anyone to fall prey to them.  There are others who feel that they have been ministered to greatly by those same ministers.  Instead of duking it out, how about we just leave it at stating your thoughts and allowing the Holy Spirit to do its work?  Just a thought.
cheers  Shut down the internet now. Wink
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:36 pm

I agree with David..where is this hostile disrespect in this thread?
maybe what some call disrespect or hostile behavior others wouldn't...

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Wheaton's Law.  Look it up, if you're not familiar with it.  That's essentially all we really ask(expect) of people.

CMR corollary to Wheaton's Law:  if staff of CMR find someone to be in violation of Wheaton's Law, said poster's opinion on the matter is functionally irrelevant. Poster is expected to knock it off/alter behavior/find exit.  End of story, not debatable.

If one can not find (multiple) folks violating Wheaton's law in this thread, they are indeed blind.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:28 pm

exo wrote:The I would like for someone to specifically point out where staff has said "don't talk about God".  There seems to be this perception......dare I say grudge......floating just under the surface about this, and yet I daresay words are being put into the staff's mouth over this matter.

I agree wholeheartedly with this!  I even laughed at your wording.  I could not have said it better myself.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:49 pm

D@v!d wrote:
exo wrote:The I would like for someone to specifically point out where staff has said "don't talk about God".  
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t7158-please-read-theology-real

No.  re-read it carefully.  We DO NOT say "don't talk about God" in there.  If that's what you get out of it, your comprehension of things is a bit off......and you absolutely have not been paying attention over the last year in regards to exactly how much "religious" discussion has been happening without staff saying word one about it.

As I previously stated, your perception of this specific matter is flat out wrong.  Change it.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Adam wrote:
Well, we are called to be like Christ. WWJD and all that. When someone directly opposes Scripture, I'm allowed to call them whatever is relevant, whether it be heretic, blasphemer, serpent, snake.

I'm not sure why you feel that we get to pick and choose what parts of Christ to be like.

Can't imagine people rushing to turn their life over to Christ when you insult them. I know I wouldn't.
I'd resent you for it.

...also, you're a hypocrite unless you go to a temple and whip some money changers.

exo wrote:

I see this forum (every forum) as having unlimited rooms and every member has a key to every room.
Sometimes people open a room and stand there by themselves saying what they got to say while others look into the room, sometimes over the course of months, 2-20 people stop by and there's talking and that room is a regular visit.

I've noticed that when someone raises hell in a room here (whether they started it or joined later), eventually a manager comes by, shoo's everyone out of the room and locks it.
...but since every member has every (other) key, nothing has happened to stop them from going to another room and starting the same process over (and over) again.

I'm not saying your forums a mess because of the way you run things, and my forum's so great and drama-free because of the way I run things, but closing the 17th thread and letting them create an 18th is doing the exact same thing and expecting different results.

Myself, and I've only had to do it once in my 11 month old forum, is take "keys" away. Not BAN them... but if they're "abusing" X subforum, (abusing defined as the mods/admin sees fit) then don't let them post/reply in that forum until some things are addressed or changed.

Locking EVERYONE out because 6 people abused it 3 years ago is overkill, but that's just my opinion.

Oh, and regarding my scenario with taking someone's keys away, it didn't turn out the way I wanted,
but the issue was absolutely resolved.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:18 pm

I don't really care, but here's an expanded version of what my slightly snarky comment earlier really means.

Occasionally, I'm approached for marital counseling.  Of course we're not married here, but there are still relationships, and the principles will apply.  Here's what I do (and maybe why more people don't come to me), is I ask both people to draw a circle like for a pie chart.  This is their relational problem pie.  I then ask both of them to divide the pie into what percentage is who's fault.  They're very happy to do this, because the reason people come for counseling is so that somebody can take their side and fix their spouse.  Here's what happens, though.  1) Naturally, both spouses take blame for a sliver (everybody knows they're not perfect) but blame the majority on the other.  It's always interesting that nobody ever thinks they're really the larger part of the problem.  Ultimately, however, this doesn't even matter, because we go on to: 2) I tell them that as much as they both want me to fix the other one, because their piece of the pie is 55% or 80% or 98%, the only piece of the pie that they ought to worry about is their piece.  That's what they can control, and that's what they're responsible for.  And even if it's only a minority (and it really doesn't matter who's responsible for what percentage), if they shrink their piece, the whole pie shrinks.  Further, if -- glorious if -- BOTH people start to take responsibility for their piece instead of blaming the other for having the bigger piece. . . BOTH pieces shrink, the pie becomes tiny, and everybody wins.  I'm not going to say that people always buy into this, but without question the math is good, and if both spouses work at it, the results are predictably fantastic.

So what I see here is the offenders blaming the offended, and the offended blaming the offenders.  That makes everybody feel better about themselves, but one thing it does NOT do is. . . help.  If, instead of blaming the other, those who have a tendency to post bluntly and strongly would think "Hmmm, it DOES seem that some people take offense to my manner, perhaps I can adjust accordingly" and those who have a tendency to find offense would think "Hmmm, perhaps some of these posts aren't to be taken as personally as I sometimes tend to, perhaps I can read and react accordingly," then our issues get better. 

You know, if anybody has any interest in that sort of thing.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:08 pm

Alldat is the one bringing the heat instead of light here, so as to derail constructive conversation on this topic whereby he gets what he wants...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Well, you aren't adding light either with your previous comment when you read his mind and knowing what he would post before him doing it.

If you have something against alldat or anyone else take it privately
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:35 pm

KaramKaram wrote:Well, you aren't adding light either with your previous comment when you read his mind and knowing what he would post before him doing it.

Not sure I follow you... scratch
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:48 pm

H.M. Murdock wrote:
Thank you for the levity.

I'm too tired to say anything I want to say correctly. I'm going to bed soon and will be praying for this.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Candlemass wrote:
KaramKaram wrote:Well, you aren't adding light either with your previous comment when you read his mind and knowing what he would post before him doing it.

Not sure I follow you... scratch
You know I respect you, but if I were going to argue for Exo's point about Wheaton, I'd point to your posts. Please, let's keep to the main points of discussion.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:08 pm

If I were going to argue Exo's point about Wheaton, I'd point elsewhere in the thread.
All Candlemass did was state a fact.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next