The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do any of you use Line 6 Vetta amps?

+2
d@v!d
Leviathan's burning
6 posters

Go down

Do any of you use Line 6 Vetta amps? Empty Do any of you use Line 6 Vetta amps?

Post by Leviathan's burning Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 am

I have a marshall jcm 900..but I'm not really happy with it.. I know I'll keep it.. But it was a few years back when I visited my friends church..and a guy in their worship band was playing thru this Line 6 vetta full stack.. and the sound was this beautiful clean yet distorted sound. From what I understand it actually is like two amps in one going at the same time. It sounded very modern futuristic even.

Also from what I understand is these solid state monsters are no longer made,horribly complex, very hard to get parts for. But yeah for solid state I felt that it sounded very very good. I have a some fender twin reverbs and that can do the cleans very well. But I'm kind of got an itching to get a vetta despite all it's problems. I know Line 6 makes a lot of cheap practice amps.. Heck they all do. I never did get into the pod.. I have a digitec gnx4 /ada mp1 that hardly gets used any more.  just wanted to get your thoughts about it if you have any experience.. I'm kind of poor and getting a mesa is out of the question lol.
Leviathan's burning
Leviathan's burning
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Do any of you use Line 6 Vetta amps? Empty Re: Do any of you use Line 6 Vetta amps?

Post by d@v!d Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:12 am

No, I don't use one. I have a Spider 3 15w practice amp. You do realize that Line 6 is all about digital amp and cabinet modeling, right?

If I were playing in a band, I'd probably put together a good analog rig, but for practice, churches, and home recording, Line 6 is great.

My old rig was an ADA mp1 with a Boogie Stereo 3/95 and a Scholz Smart Gate.

I also ran a Zoom digital effects(kind of sucky, but that was the 90's.)

I had a few 4-12s, the best sounding was a Marshall 1960 stereo.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Do any of you use Line 6 Vetta amps? Empty Re: Do any of you use Line 6 Vetta amps?

Post by Leviathan's burning Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:07 pm

Yeah I knew it was a solidstate modeling amp.. the thing even has the ADA flanger on it.. But I was more interested in that it combines 2 different amp settings at the same time to get all these crazy hybred sounds. Of course it's not gonna sound quite as warm as a tube amp. And I'm sure it couldn't hold a candle to all the latest amps.

They haven't really held their value all that much. I think mostly because people just want to plug and play and not have to deal with the learning curve that goes with these amps. I'm really ignorant on the line 6 stuff. But I know that once a upon a time just a few years back this was the one to get.
Leviathan's burning
Leviathan's burning
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:39 pm

I don't have a Vetta, but do use a HD500 for some of my tones.    It's roughly equivalent to the Vetta's preamp section.  What I've discovered is that the level of tweaking available on these things can be overwhelming/seducing to the point it is NOT beneficial.  They can make beautiful noises.......but you HAVE to tweak the crap out of them to get those sounds.  Ive spent more time tweaking it than playing thru it since I got it, no doubt.  I've also had a TERRIBLE time getting their "JCM 800" to sound like I want.  I actually have better luck with THAT sound with my Behringer V-amp Pro, which is much less technologically advanced, and much simpler to tweak.  The great thing about the HD500 is that they have been out and in use long enough that you can find a TON of patches that are "ready to go" thanks to other users.

When I don't have the HD500 hooked to a computer via USB, I'll run it into the effects loop return of a Peavey Windsor half stack.

It's a fantastic piece of gear.......but can be incredibly frustrating.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:47 pm

I've never tried one of their amps, but I do have the original POD.  It has some great built in sounds that are easily modified to fit your sound and style.  It looks overwhelming, but it is a great piece of gear that is more plug 'n play than most would think.  You just dial in what you want and let 'er rip!

I've used it a lot in the studio and a few times live running through my combo amp.  I loved that I could carry my exactly studio sound with me in a live setting.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviathan's burning Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:19 pm

I have this old digitech gnx4 and I've heard better processors for things like a rich chorus. but that things still pretty cool because you can create all kinds of patches and it too will do the two amps in one setting. It also has a Randy Rhoads patch and a Brian May patch that's pretty close to both those guys signature sound.
Leviathan's burning
Leviathan's burning
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Haven't tried any of the Vetta series stuff. I did have a Line 6 Spider HD100 at one time. Got some pretty good tones out of it, and the ability to dial in a sound, save it and access all those presets from the footswitch was pretty cool. I eventually got rid of it though and went back to a straight tube amp.
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://fourstarrevival.fourfour.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkFireDragoon Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Haven't used the Vetta itself, but have used a number of Line 6's products, and would consider myself a bit of a fan of theirs as well as a fan of modelling/gear in general. Currently own/use/love my HD500 and Helix, and have played most of their Spiders, Pocket Pod, JTV Variax, and current Pod Farm.

I've heard fairly decent things about the Vetta's themselves, but as you alluded to, they can be a bit complex and honestly, there are a fair number of amps/modelers out there that can get the job done excellently nowadays that are easy to get a hold of, easy to use, sound great and are inexpensive to boot. Its a great time to be a guitar player IMO. But by all means, if you can get/try out a Vetta and it works for you, do it; they can sound amazing with the right setup. Metal 2

exo wrote:I don't have a Vetta, but do use a HD500 for some of my tones.    It's roughly equivalent to the Vetta's preamp section.  What I've discovered is that the level of tweaking available on these things can be overwhelming/seducing to the point it is NOT beneficial.  They can make beautiful noises.......but you HAVE to tweak the crap out of them to get those sounds.  Ive spent more time tweaking it than playing thru it since I got it, no doubt.  I've also had a TERRIBLE time getting their "JCM 800" to sound like I want.  I actually have better luck with THAT sound with my Behringer V-amp Pro, which is much less technologically advanced, and much simpler to tweak.  The great thing about the HD500 is that they have been out and in use long enough that you can find a TON of patches that are "ready to go" thanks to other users.

When I don't have the HD500 hooked to a computer via USB, I'll run it into the effects loop return of a Peavey Windsor half stack.

It's a fantastic piece of gear.......but can be incredibly frustrating.

Agreed with my ol' HD500 buddy (good to see ya still rockin' it, brutha Twisted Evil ). Its fun to use once you get the hang of it, and can be extremely versatile... if you can get the hang of tweaking it lol. I love mine, and won't be getting rid of it any time soon. The primary issue I've always had with it were the built in amp cabinet/IRs as well as the power amp modeling, and have been bypassing those in my DAW with some third party cabs/irs the past few years. They really make the unit sound and feel so much better, and with the addition of some other gear in the effects loop to make up for its shortcomings (IE Logidy Epsi, Two-Notes Torpedo Cab, AMT Pangea, etc), or if you just use the built in preamps/effects with a poweramp/cab ala Exo with his Windsor. You CAN get it to sound incredible with the stock cabs, but again, it just takes time and lots of tweaking. My HD has given me years of reliable recording, tones, and fun. After getting my Helix though, I admittedly haven't played around with the HD500 as much, and haven't really found myself wanting in the amp department lol.

Are you looking for just a fairly inexpensive amp solution that can get you a wide range of sounds, something more portable, an all in one rig/dual rig setup, or something else entirely? Sorry for the long post... I tend be a bit verbose lol. Keep us updated, and happy gear hunting! cheers
DarkFireDragoon
DarkFireDragoon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down