The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your favorite live release on CD/vinyl?

+4
Hardcore Christian
eatbugs
Throne of thorns
Deepfriar
8 posters

Go down

What's your favorite live release on CD/vinyl? Empty What's your favorite live release on CD/vinyl?

Post by Deepfriar 18/10/2015, 11:09 am

And don't say Throwing Copper.

tongue
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite live release on CD/vinyl? Empty Re: What's your favorite live release on CD/vinyl?

Post by Guest 18/10/2015, 11:14 am

My favorite live album of all time:

Dead Can Dance ~ Toward the Within

What's your favorite live release on CD/vinyl? MV5BMTg1MDgyMzY1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODMwNzkyMQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite live release on CD/vinyl? Empty Re: What's your favorite live release on CD/vinyl?

Post by Throne of thorns 18/10/2015, 12:52 pm

I quite Mortification Live planetarium album it has a relaxing sound to it I find.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs 18/10/2015, 12:57 pm

Guardian - Either Delicious Bite-Sized Meat Pies or Live at Cornerstone 2001.  The live version of Never Say Goodbye is awesome.

Honorable mentions:
Deliverance - Live at Cornerstone 2001
Saviour Machine - Live in Deutschland

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian 18/10/2015, 4:29 pm

Mortification - Live Planetarium
Demon Hunter - Live In Nashville
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/3/2019, 10:15 am

I was going to start a thread asking this question, but it seems one already exists

Fireworks "Live Fireworks"

Jerusalem "In His Majesty's Service"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/3/2019, 10:17 am

I also like Stryper's "Live At The Whisky" cd, it just doesn't sound .... well....live...

Sounds like a studio recording

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi 21/3/2019, 11:18 am

Altar Boys "Live@C2K"
Also partial to the Bloodgood albums from 1990 or so, as well as the Deliverance Cornerstone show

But all the live albums in my collection are better after I edit them...
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis 21/3/2019, 11:42 am

Mortification - Live Planeterium
Stryper - Greatest Hits: Live In Puerto Rico
Narnia - We Still Believe: Made in Brazil
Petra - Farewell
Third Day - Live Wire
Demon Hunter - Live In Nashville
Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prision
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs 21/3/2019, 12:16 pm

eatbugs wrote:Guardian - Either Delicious Bite-Sized Meat Pies or Live at Cornerstone 2001.  The live version of Never Say Goodbye is awesome.

Honorable mentions:

Glad to see my tastes haven't changed much in 4 years. lol! 

I think I'll add:

Petra - Captured in Time and Space because it was the first Christian rock album I ever owned.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/3/2019, 12:19 pm

eatbugs wrote:
eatbugs wrote:Guardian - Either Delicious Bite-Sized Meat Pies or Live at Cornerstone 2001.  The live version of Never Say Goodbye is awesome.

Honorable mentions:

Glad to see my tastes haven't changed much in 4 years. lol! 

I think I'll add:

Petra - Captured in Time and Space because it was the first Christian rock album I ever owned.

I would love to see Captured in Time and Space reissued!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 21/3/2019, 12:26 pm

Mine are in no particular order:

Rez Band - Live Bootleg and 20 Years

Jerusalem - In His Mayesty's Service. Had this on cassette and I now have this on CD.

Petra - Captured in Time and Space. This was the first Petra album that I bough on cassette during the summer of 1986 which I still have. I also have this on CD and DVD and would like to have this on vinyl. There are slight differences on some of the versions of the CD, cassette, vinyl, VHS and DVD.

Stryper - Live at the Whisky

Daniel Band - Live At Cornerstone 2001
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs 21/3/2019, 12:40 pm

Bought4Life,

Yes, especially the long versions of the songs.

Soldier777,
I or my parents have owned the cassette, CD, and vinyl versions at some point.  I believe the vinyl had a longer Speak to the Sky not available elsewhere and the vinyl and cassette have the full altar call with an extra song that isn't on the CD.  There may be other differences I'm forgetting.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 21/3/2019, 1:38 pm

eatbugs, the DVD also has a 7 minute version of Without Him We Can Do Nothing. On the CD and cassette it is cut short.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/3/2019, 3:26 pm

Barren Cross' live album is pretty good also  "Hotter Than Hell" ..as is "Birth Pangs" (except that weird echo when you listen using headphones)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/3/2019, 3:44 pm

eatbugs wrote:vinyl and cassette have the full altar call with an extra song that isn't on the CD.  

Do any bands today do an alter call?

Even back in the 80's, I can't remember anyone else doing it except Petra

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs 21/3/2019, 5:21 pm

Interesting to know Soldier777.  Thanks.  Either way, I'd love to see it reissued as a double disc if necessary to fit everything in.

Do bands today do an altar call?  I don't go to many shows anymore.  Disciple still preaches a lengthy sermon, I don't recall a specific altar call though.  In the 90's Bride and Mortification both gave them.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom 4/4/2019, 2:46 am

I am not aware of any bands giving altar calls nowadays but Stryper always says a prayer no matter where they play.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down