Whos Pumped!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whos Pumped!!!!

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:23 pm

Well there isnt a Stryper topic in the top 5 topics so I better make one Razz Razz 

Whos really excited for Fallen? bounce
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Whos Pumped!!!!

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:21 pm

I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Not sure that I'm going to buy it right away though.

There is so much else on my 'want' list right now. But it'll happen probably down the road a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:02 pm

I am eager to hear it.
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:54 pm

I've pre-ordered a copy from Amazon.  Really looking forward to it.
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:21 pm

Me!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:46 am

I'll be buying and downloading next Friday morning to be sure!
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:24 am

Many bands are release day buys for me and this is one of them.
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Honestly I am not "pumped" i am sure this will be an album ill have in my library eventually and prob picked up at a live show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:45 pm

I no longer buy albums on release dates. I used to.

However, I ALWAYS end up getting ALL albums from my favorite bands - so I will eventually get this. Heck, I don't even have the new Iron Maiden and they are one of my ALL TIME favorite bands!

I guess I'm just not in a hurry anymore like I used to be. I'm pretty chilled. Then when it's time to buy CDs I sometimes buy like 10 or so at a time. Heheh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:44 pm

I worked out earlier so.....
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:13 pm

I know who's not pumped but I won't tell

I, on the other hand will get it out of eBay or other second hand retailer as my economy it's not the best right now

Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:02 am

I am going to postopone this purchase, as I am curently making a harsh expense control due to the hard time in economy plus the arrival of a brand new family member supposed to come within the end of the year.

And I confess that I am not too excited about this release. This year have been one of the worst when it regards to new releases. As far as I remember, I only got the new Impellitteri and the Worldview debut album. And besides Stryper's new album, there aren't many new releases that hold my interest coming.
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:21 pm

I'm looking forward to this. I like all the songs that have been released so far. Thiago, I understand you are going through a limited funs time. Perhaps we all can pray for you bud. However, you should reconsider and give the CD another chance. I think Fallen is going to be one of their best release.
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:54 pm

Soldier777 wrote:Thiago, I understand you are going through a limited funs time. Perhaps we all can pray for you bud.

Good call!  I've been there.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:23 am

I meant to say:  "Thiago, I understand you are going through a limited funds time." I'm referring to being low on cash.
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:14 pm

eatbugs wrote:
Soldier777 wrote:Thiago, I understand you are going through a limited funs time. Perhaps we all can pray for you bud.

Prayers to karamkaram too.  Sounds like money is tight for some people right now.  I hope it's nothing more serious than "oh, I have to wait to buy an new album" financial belt-tightening.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:56 am

eatbugs wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

Prayers to karamkaram too.  Sounds like money is tight for some people right now.  I hope it's nothing more serious than "oh, I have to wait to buy an new album" financial belt-tightening.

Add me to the list, Money is uber uber tight especially with daughter's surgery approaching, I havent bought a CD in months and before that almost a year.

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:30 am

Eh, it sounds great, but I doubt I'll listen to it often enough to merit the expenditure.
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:00 am

Pretty excited yeah, I hope to pick it up this weekend. This has got me thinking...I've been pretty exorbitant with my CD spending lately...a little impulsive maybe. I'll be praying for everyone's financial situations, but I will say you guys are acting much wiser than I.
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:10 am

Preordered mine from the Stryper website. However, with Dec only a few months away there is a good chance it gets high jacked from the mailbox and put under the Christmas tree. So it's a race to the mailbox but I don't know when it will be shipped out.
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:38 pm

Aaron C wrote:
eatbugs wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

Add me to the list, Money is uber uber tight especially with daughter's surgery approaching, I havent bought a CD in months and before that almost a year.

Prayin' for ya bro! Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Whos Pumped!!!!

^ these are pumped
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:43 pm

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:33 pm

RavenWolf wrote:
Aaron C wrote:
eatbugs wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

Prayin' for ya bro! Thumbs up
Thanks Bro Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:23 am

Aaron C wrote:
eatbugs wrote:
eatbugs wrote:

Absolutely.  Just saw your post on this.  I guess I need to visit the Prayer & Praise sub-forum more often Embarassed .

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:30 am

Back on topic...
I'm less pumped than I was for No More Hell To Pay.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's because I like Stryper too much?  Especially after No More Hell To Pay I think I'm taking it for granted that it'll be a great album.  Maybe I'm not taking it for granted since I've already heard Yahweh, Fallen, etc. and can tell it will be great.

Two years ago I listened to nothing but Stryper for a solid month when the new album came out.  I don't see myself doing that this time.  It will be great and I really am pumped, but not the fanboy pumped like I was last time.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:35 am

Soldier777 wrote:I'm looking forward to this. I like all the songs that have been released so far. Thiago, I understand you are going through a limited funs time. Perhaps we all can pray for you bud. However, you should reconsider and give the CD another chance. I think Fallen is going to be one of their best release.
Well, this is a certain purchase in my list. However, there is no rush for it, I can certainly wait a few months for that. I might have some priorities such as the retroactive records rereleases, or The Recon and Deliverance(weapons...) rereleases. Even though none of these releases have a date yet, I am saving money for them.

But I am sure Fallen is going to be a good release.
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:03 am

I was thinking about Stryper on my way into work this morning and since the 2003 reunion there albums have been hit or miss for me....

Reborn - miss
Murder by Pride- Hit
No More Hell To Pay - miss

So by this trend Fallen should be a hit with me. But I was thinking about the 2003 reunion tour and when I saw them in Hartford there was a band from Providence, RI who opened for them called Mars Hill (Mr Sweet produced their debut album) which IMO is very good. , Anyways I guess I hold Stryper to a higher standard musically for me since they were my "Gateway" band. One of my first tapes I ever owned was a Stryper album.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:43 am

Aaron C wrote:I was thinking about Stryper on my way into work this morning and since the 2003 reunion there albums have been hit or miss for me....

Reborn - miss
Murder by Pride- Hit
I totally agree with it. However it seems like we are a HUGE minority here....

I haven't listened to NMHtP since it was released. This album is not awful, but it is definetely not as good as MbP.
And from what I have heard, Fallen will certainly be better than their predecessor.
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Aaron C wrote:Anyways I guess I hold Stryper to a higher standard musically for me since they were my "Gateway" band. One of my first tapes I ever owned was a Stryper album.

Stryper was the first Metal band I ever got into! Definitely my 'gateway' band too!

Before Stryper I was only into AOR and Rock like Petra and such.

Then I discovered:

Saint, Bloodgood and Bride. And I was hooked on Metal for life!!!

Twisted Evil  cheers  Twisted Evil  cheers  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:30 am

Stryper and Phil Keaggy were among my first albums as well as Petra, Russ Taff, Whiteheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:40 am

Aaron C wrote:

Rolf 2

I only laugh because it's sacred ground around here.  I like the album, but I don't think it's as good as most others on this forum.  I heard the first single "Revelation" and was totally blown away and hyped for the album.  Then the other songs didn't live up to it and the lyrics to a few songs are pretty trite.  I was severely let down by the cover of "Jesus is Just Alright."  There's good shredding on it by Oz though like all the other songs.  It certainly is not a 'miss' for me however.
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:26 am

Superjuice wrote:
Aaron C wrote:

Rolf 2

I only laugh because it's sacred ground around here.  I like the album, but I don't think it's as good as most others on this forum.  I heard the first single "Revelation" and was totally blown away and hyped for the album.  Then the other songs didn't live up to it and the lyrics to a few songs are pretty trite.  I was severely let down by the cover of "Jesus is Just Alright."  There's good shredding on it by Oz though like all the other songs.  It certainly is not a 'miss' for me however.

I saw Stryper in April 2014 where they were doing the tour for this album they played 0 songs from the new album or if they did it was 1. I bought the deluxe album at the show signed by the entire band. I was disappointed with it, Theres a few good songs  Like the title track is prob my favorite.  I perfer for the recent stuff Murder by Pride. But im curious on the new offering. Especially the After Forever cover...

Musicmanship is superior as always, but the album did nothing for me and thats why I gave it a miss

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:01 pm

Superjuice wrote:
Aaron C wrote:

Rolf 2

Michael Sweet did half the solos on that album. And in my opinion, his solos are miles better than Oz's. Not because they are better played. Oz is a guitar wizard, no doubt. But Oz tends to have a more frenetic style whereas Mike's solos are more melodic and fit the song much better. Both are great guitarists. If I was putting together a super group, I'd engage Mike Sweet, but not for vocals. I'd have him do the guitars!
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Ooooo a Supergroup some of those can be so awesome...

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram on Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:40 pm

I am listening to the album at the house of a friend of mine who purchased thru Amazon and got the mp3s off auto rip, man, this album slays!!!

Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum