The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come with me to the distant future of 1992.......

5 posters

Go down

Come with me to the distant future of 1992....... Empty Come with me to the distant future of 1992.......

Post by exo Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:36 pm

And listen to the latest tale of Angus McFife and his cosmic astral companions with their war eagle armies as they mightily defend our world from the dread unfrozen wizard Zargothrax.

Or in other words:

NEW GLORYHAMMER (YouTube playlist here)

I absolutely LOVE this band, and if you are a fan of Alestorm (and you SHOULD be!), you'll probably love this too.  Gloryhammer does for epic fantasy what Alestorm does for piracy........HOOTS!

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Come with me to the distant future of 1992....... Empty Re: Come with me to the distant future of 1992.......

Post by KaramKaram Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Thanks for sharing
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Come with me to the distant future of 1992....... Empty Re: Come with me to the distant future of 1992.......

Post by exo Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Also, since people are actually looking at the thread, but not saying much (which is being interpreted as "too lazy to click thru to the YouTube playlist".......relax, it's "humor" Very Happy ), I will go ahead and embed a link to an honest to goodness music video, replete with "acting" and "special effects" that will give everyone an idea of what they are missing out on by ignoring my plea to listen to some engaging nonsensical musical wizardry.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:56 pm

What story is this Dundaxian Codex derived from? The only search results Murdock found led to a wikia page. Is this just a story contrived by the band? Or is there a legitimate series and author?
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:12 pm

I suspect it's true form exists only in the head of one Christopher Bowes, delivered there by Angus McFife the Thirteenth himself during his astral journey to the distant future of......1992.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:32 pm

That's pretty cool stuff! I had never heard of them. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:33 pm

I like both the mentioned bands in small doses. The cheese gets too much even for me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:59 pm

I always did like cheese. Twisted Evil

Come with me to the distant future of 1992....... I-heart-cheese_design

For whatever reason ... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser_19 Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:01 am

Sounds pretty damn good! I think i will give them a listen. Thank you!
Kaiser_19
Kaiser_19
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:21 am

Black Rider wrote:I like both the mentioned bands in small doses. The cheese gets too much even for me.

Totally understand that.  I'm a huge sci-fi/D&D nerd, so the cheese here is directly in my wheelhouse.......but it would not work at all without the musical element to it being done well.  This album is just an absolute master class in "execution of a concept".  All cheese aside, there are just excellent, top notch composition and performances here.  The vocal performance by Thomas "Angus McFife" Winkler in particular is absolutely fantastic.

There is a bonus disc where all the music is re-done in a symphonic movie soundtrack style, and it has me convinced that Christopher Bowes is a highly under-rated composer of such things, not just the world's foremost metallic cheese merchant.  The guy could very easily have a career scoring adventure movies......

This is very seriously an "album of the year" contender for me, despite the nonsensical premise of the project.

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Oh yeah! The musicianship here is fantastic! I do believe I'll become a fan of this band!!!

Though I like cheese, I like talent and excellence more!

So cheese is good if done right! I completely agree with you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down