The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recently Experienced Shows

+28
eatbugs
11razorwire
stringfellow_hawke
Superjuice
arttieTHE1manparty
Markus1987
Mr. Nice Guy
ChosenNightwolf
TMLMKE
New Creation
Andreas89
strangerhoncho
hellig
Btrylgtrst
Blake
ludey7
Pershing1134
Benny4SR
alldatndensum
Deepfriar
d@v!d
JPK72
ThomasEversole
Kerrick
Wildcat
Candlemass
stevegarveyfan
Hardcore Christian
32 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Recently Experienced Shows Empty Recently Experienced Shows

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:10 pm

Here is a thread that should been here a long time ago

Tell us about the latest show you went to!!!

Last edited by Hardcore Christian on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Recently Experienced Shows Empty Re: Recently Experienced Shows

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Heres a wierd one!!!!

This coming Friday
Wovenwar will be in Walla Walla Washington

my hometown!
I just happen to be visiting my dad that week so we are going

You wont understand how weird this. Its pretty weird because its a town of 20k people, its in the middle of the scrubs and its in Washington.
[the only towns that get shows in Washington are Seattle and sometimes Spokane]

Recently Experienced Shows 9_25_-_unearth_wovenwar_tickets_-_walla_walla

Last edited by Hardcore Christian on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Last show I went to was Plumb, and the strange thing is, I've seen her twice this year, both times for free. The first time was only the last half of the show because we didn't find out about the concert until it was literally starting. The second show we only saw the first half because it started storming during the show. So, I guess technically, it's only one show because I saw both halves!

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:09 pm

I just went to Broken Flesh's CD release party and concert in Oklahoma City a couple of weeks ago.  'Twas a blast!
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:21 pm

Just went to see Saxon for the first time Friday night w/Armored Saint, great show! Metal 1
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Saw KMFDM in Salt Lake City a few weeks ago! KILLLLER show!!!

Oh and Chant opened. Great Industrial Rock band.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:46 pm

I really enjoy live concerts when I get the chance. I've been to thee good ones in the past year or so.

Demon Hunter w/ VERIDIA- Houston, TX:
I had never heard of VERIDIA before buying a ticket to this show. They're female-fronted pop/rock which sort of made them an odd choice as the opening act in my opinion. The singer does have a nice voice, but other than that, their performance was largely forgettable to me. I might have liked them more if that style was more my cup of tea to begin with.

Demon Hunter definitely delivered and only cemented their status as one of my favorite bands though. Even as much as I love all their studio material, I have to admit that I wondered how it would translate to a live setting. It turns out that Ryan has no problem switching between harsh and clean vocals, and the rest of the band was on point as well. They played a good mix of songs from their last four albums, and it's also worth noting that the crowd was electric for their set. I'm not sure I noticed even a single attempt at taking a cell phone video because everybody was busy moshing/headbanging.

Thousand Foot Krutch w/ We As Human and Righteous Vendetta- Johnson City, TN
Righteous Vendetta was another band I didn't have any prior familiarity with, but they made a fan out of me with their set here. They had a ton of energy on stage and were definitely the heaviest band of the night (probably owing to their metalcore past even though they now play more straight forward hard rock). They were cool guys after the show too.

We As Human also delivered a solid set, although their singer seemed to be having mic issues for a good portion of the set. He was barely audible for the beginning before sounding much stronger towards the end. They definitely break some of the stereotype about modern bands not caring about good guitar work as well. They played several extended solos.

TFK definitely closed the night on a high note. It shows that they've had a stable lineup for many years now, because how tightly they operated as a unit was incredible to see/hear. Despite the mixed reaction to the number of slower songs on their latest album, this was a full throttle rock set with songs spanning their entire career. They only barely slowed down for one mid-tempo song. Great show overall.

Disciple w/ Seventh Day Slumber, Decyfer Down, and Nine Lashes- Pigeon Forge, TN
I already new of all of these bands beforehand. Nine Lashes opened up with a relatively short set. I'm a bit surprised that these guys have never broken through more than they have because they have a pretty strong modern rock sound and played it well in the live setting.

Decyfer Down was up next, and I was a bit disappointed that their set wasn't longer since I've been a fan of theirs since their debut. They sounded great though, and possibly a bit heavier live than on their studio material. The new song they played has me looking forward to their upcoming album.

Seventh Day Slumber has alternated between rock band and pop/praise band in their career, but they were in rock mode for this tour. Unfortunately, Joseph's vocals seemed to get drowned out by the music. He definitely has a heart for ministry though, and spoke about it throughout the set. The impromptu drum solo from his 14 year-old son was also a highlight. 

Disciple was last up. My only complaint was that they didn't play any songs older than their self-titled album, because everything about their set was awesome. The music was every bit as hard hitting as I expected, and Kevin Young is not only a dynamic frontman but a great speaker. He must have spent 30 minutes preaching not only about salvation, but in encouragement to those who were already believers. I was very impressed with the whole package.
Wildcat
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:58 pm

This Friday I'll be seeing Above The Storm (and a few other bands) and then the next evening I'll be seeing Wovenhand.  Both bands are great live so I'm really looking forward to this weekend!!!

Hardcore, I saw Wovenwar open for In Flames a little while ago.  They weren't really my style but I thought they were pretty good!  Enjoy!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Kerrick wrote:Hardcore, I saw Wovenwar open for In Flames a little while ago.  They weren't really my style but I thought they were pretty good!  Enjoy!
Thats awesome!!

Yea Wovenwar is more of a rock version of As I Lay Dying
(Still missing Tim Sad )
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TMLMKE Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:01 pm

Going to see Scorpions on Saturday.
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Someday before I die, there will be a concert from a band I like that I will get to see...

I hope.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by JPK72 Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:44 pm

I have a few stories from my days as a sound guy here in Australia during the 90's worked with Mortification, Paramecium, Cry Mercy and a few other bands whenever they came to town, was also front row at the Sydney Stryper show in 89 which Gipperman mentions in his book and also the Virgin Megastore autograph session that was totally crazy, will recount some stories when I get some time
JPK72
JPK72
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:19 pm

I thought I'd throw some light on this post here for now.
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t8442-test-fest-oc-10-10-2015#158652
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Going to see this epic lineup this Sunday, right here in my city of Spokane.

Norma Jean
68'
Sleepwave
The Ongoing Concept
Belle Haven

Me, my dad and my best friend are going.

My best friend has never been to a "metal" show so why not start him off with some of the craziest bands around.

Last edited by Hardcore Christian on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:43 pm

The last two shows I saw were last year....

Scott Weiland - September
Stryper - April

both 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:47 pm

Aaron C wrote:Stryper - April
I have yet to see Stryper, I am waiting for a huge US tour but they never seem to come around to it
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:56 pm

I finally got to see Stryper live in 2003 while they were touring "7".

It was great! I got to meet one of my childhood heroes (Robert Sweet)!

I can't wait to see a concert soon! I think I'm going to see something in November in Salt Lake.

Hardcore, you are in Spokane? That's really cool. My family and I are going to be moving there sometime in the future. How is the music scene up there?

Back to top Go down

Post by JPK72 Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:03 pm

Last time I saw Stryper was 2010 in Sydney, here is my video if anyone is interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOuTcasGFr0
JPK72
JPK72
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:35 pm

I saw Enslaved + Opeth in 2009 at the Bijou Theatre in Knoxville, TN USA. Watershed was Opeth's newest full length at the time but they played some older stuff too. Akerfeldt opened a beer on stage and started drinking it, then paused and said, "Am I allowed to do this in this country?" What a funny guy, and an amazing performance from progressive metal's finest. Side note: long guitar interlude was hypnotizing!

I was more familiar with Enslaved's older stuff but they surprised me too and put on a GREAT show (opened for Opeth).

It was a theater setting and the place had great acoustics.

What a good night.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Sounds like a great show Deepfriar!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:28 am

Taking my daughter to see TobyMac, Britt Nicole, and Colton Dixon later this month. I'm sure she'll have a good time.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:22 am

Sadly, the only show that really comes to Nashville is Stryper.  I love them, but I'd like to see other artists come through.  Even though you would think otherwise, Nashville is a Christian rock wasteland.  Oh, a lot of the CCM pop artists play here, but not the rock bands.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:35 am

alldatndensum wrote:Sadly, the only show that really comes to Nashville is Stryper.  I love them, but I'd like to see other artists come through.  Even though you would think otherwise, Nashville is a Christian rock wasteland.  Oh, a lot of the CCM pop artists play here, but not the rock bands.
That's not surprising. We all need to move to Norway.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:57 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Aaron C wrote:Stryper - April
I have yet to see Stryper, I am waiting for a huge US tour but they never seem to come around to it

Ive seen them twice, first time during the reunion around 2003 and then again in 2014, they were to play originally at the Wolf's Den (the venue i went to always free shows) the day before my wedding however due to a storm they had to reschedule it and they did for sometime in April. Worked out for me cuz i wanted to go so bad. it was a good show. my complaint is they didnt really play anything from No More Hell to Pay or Murder by Pride. It was 99% classics with a Kiss cover. I dont know if i will actively seek out Fallen but if they come around ill see them and most likely pick up the cd then lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:59 am

alldatndensum wrote:Sadly, the only show that really comes to Nashville is Stryper.  I love them, but I'd like to see other artists come through.  Even though you would think otherwise, Nashville is a Christian rock wasteland.  Oh, a lot of the CCM pop artists play here, but not the rock bands.
The Violet Burning played in Nashville back in 2007 I so wanted to go but i just started working for Dell and had training

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next