The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts...

+33
DarkFireDragoon
alldatndensum
BearDad
Nocturnal Servant
MikeInFla
Andreas89
sentient 6
New Creation
Soldier777
d@v!d
exo
Kerrick
ThomasEversole
messiaen77
crucifyd
Staybrite
Athanasius
CrimsonWarrior
srguenther
Samson
Deepfriar
deathisgain
Grindboy
metallikitty
WildWorld
KaramKaram
XenonLion
Driven
metaldude
Hardcore Christian
Blake
*static*
Peter who was Vaak
37 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random thoughts... - Page 33 Empty Re: Random thoughts...

Post by Driven Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:36 pm

New Hampshire? If you ever come back, do let me know. It's not terribly far from my neck of the woods, especially the north parts.

This is the beer, the Péché mortel (Deadly Sin). A lot of microbreweries in Québec have Catholic and/or historical themes to their names. Unibroue's different products refer to Québécois history and geography, whereas others like Dieu du ciel! (God above!) or Trou du diable (Devil's lair) have Catholic references, given the important role of the Catholic church in the province. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1141/10325/
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:17 pm

I finished my 23rd guitar today.  It is a license plate resonator built for a fundraiser for my niece's high school band.  I built the guitar from an actual license plate featuring her school's name and mascot.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Driven wrote:New Hampshire? If you ever come back, do let me know. It's not terribly far from my neck of the woods, especially the north parts.

This is the beer, the Péché mortel (Deadly Sin). A lot of microbreweries in Québec have Catholic and/or historical themes to their names. Unibroue's different products refer to Québécois history and geography, whereas others like Dieu du ciel! (God above!) or Trou du diable (Devil's lair) have Catholic references, given the important role of the Catholic church in the province. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1141/10325/

Will do!  We loved it there and would definitely like to go back some time - hopefully to see the fall colors.

I've never seen that beer around here, but will definitely keep an eye out for it.  It sounds excellent.  I'm familiar with Unibroue though and have enjoyed the few beers of theirs I've tried.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Yay for payday and the Fleshkiller's album release!  AND it's Friday.  It's a good day.

Though I just saw that there was another terrorist attack in London.  22 people hurt though I don't think any were killed, thank God.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:33 am

Kerrick wrote:
Driven wrote:New Hampshire? If you ever come back, do let me know. It's not terribly far from my neck of the woods, especially the north parts.

Will do!  We loved it there and would definitely like to go back some time - hopefully to see the fall colors.

I've never seen that beer around here, but will definitely keep an eye out for it.  It sounds excellent.  I'm familiar with Unibroue though and have enjoyed the few beers of theirs I've tried.

Yes, Unibroue makes great stuff. They have a Megadeth beer. 🆒 My school has a contract with Unibroue, so that's what they serve at Happy Hour (or as we call them, 5-to-Cool, instead of cheap swill. At the grocery store, prices are usually the same as anything cheap.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:16 pm

I've shared a bit about this on CHM, but mostly on my personal facebook page, but at the beginning of the year, I began worshiping with streamers, and eventually moved on to flags and even got my own set of them. Recently, I have added dancing to my repertoire. Yes, I'm 350 pounds. No, I don't care. TBH, this is a lot more efficient way to lose weight than walking. I do this for about 30 minutes a day either at church or at the park.

I'll post a couple videos of other flaggers that will give you an idea of what I do. I realize that some folks may not understand this at all, and that's OK. But it's my calling, and it's what I want to be doing a billion years from now in the throne room.

Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:52 am

H.M. Murdock wrote:I realize that some folks may not understand this at all, and that's OK. But it's my calling, and it's what I want to be doing a billion years from now in the throne room.

Nope, I don't understand it. ....but I'm glad you've got this passion that intertwines with your faith.
Thumbs up
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:18 am

I just noticed that I no longer have the Holy Unblack Knight ranking under my user name.  Now, it says Mullet Wig King.  I think I like it!  Of course, that means that either one of two mods here changed it because they've seen my wig photo on Facebook and it is an uber cool mullet wig!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:52 am

Hahaha awesome. It wasn't me!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:46 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I just noticed that I no longer have the Holy Unblack Knight ranking under my user name.  Now, it says Mullet Wig King.  I think I like it!  Of course, that means that either one of two mods here changed it because they've seen my wig photo on Facebook and it is an uber cool mullet wig!

That's fantastic!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Kerrick wrote:Hahaha awesome.  It wasn't me!

You were on the short list of possible candidates that I thought would have done it.  On the shorter list is Exo.  LOL
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:06 am

Man, Rex Tillerson must have the worst job of anyone in the federal government.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:40 pm

Some lowlife backed into my parked truck tonight at a local restaurant and drove off.  The local Barney Fife was unhelpful even though there was an eye witness who had the plate number.  Small town cops rarely do anything other than write tickets to raise capital for the town government's coffers.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:40 am

Writing my CV in German. Weird times...
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Callista Gingrich is going to be the ambassador the Vatican.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/whitehouse/senate-set-to-approve-callista-gingrich-as-vatican-envoy/2017/10/16/f748facc-b284-11e7-9b93-b97043e57a22_story.html?utm_term=.d9b81242c31a

My first though was that this is ridiculous.  Then I remember who's in the Oval Office, and I'm like, "Eh.  That figures."

I just hope the Babylon Bee does an article on it.  Smile
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:22 pm

d@v!d wrote:The Nashville Statement.

I finally got around to reading that not too long ago.  Nothing remarkable about the statement itself.  What's remarkable is that we are at the point where Christians would need to issue such a statement to begin with.

It's interesting.  Out of all the things - and there are plenty of them - about Christianity that can offend non-believers, what really gets them riled up the most at the moment is our sexual ethics.  We truly are living amidst a hypersexualized culture.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:26 am

My fall break was awesome!  However, it was nice to get back to school yesterday.  I missed my babies!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:38 am

Verbum Lux wrote:

I finally got around to reading that not too long ago.  Nothing remarkable about the statement itself.  What's remarkable is that we are at the point where Christians would need to issue such a statement to begin with.

It's interesting.  Out of all the things - and there are plenty of them - about Christianity that can offend non-believers, what really gets them riled up the most at the moment is our sexual ethics.  We truly are living amidst a hypersexualized culture.

Truth.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Small town cops rarely do anything other than write tickets to raise capital for the town government's coffers.

I can vouch for that. August 2015, I got pulled over for "doing 37 in a 30". Nevermind that I was driving the speed of traffic. Nevermind that I was only a few yards away from a Speedlimit 55 sign...

I guess that cop decided I was the one who was going to give a $120 "donation" that day.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:45 pm

I'm taking the wife to see Warning tonight.  They're playing their album Watching From A Distance in its entirety which should be great; it's a spectacular album.  It's all the way up in San Francisco though so it's going to be a LATE night... but I'm sure totally worth it.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:43 am

Kerrick wrote:I'm taking the wife to see Warning tonight.  They're playing their album Watching From A Distance in its entirety which should be great; it's a spectacular album.  It's all the way up in San Francisco though so it's going to be a LATE night... but I'm sure totally worth it.  Smile

The show was great.  Both opening bands were very good too.

There was a guy wearing an ALETHEIAN shirt there though!  That was way cool to see.  He told me that I was the only one who ever recognized who Aletheian was.  Apparently he's from the area where they were from.  Anyways, Guy-With-Aletheian-Shirt, if you're reading this, it was cool to meet you.
Rock on 1

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:58 am

Verbum Lux wrote:

Of course, absolutely nothing new or groundbreaking was said about sexuality, gender and marriage. What did please me a lot was how people for whom these issues are struggles in their lives, are considered our neighbours who need our help. But personally, I think that aspect of the statement is one of the main reasons why people are getting so frustrated about this; they can't frame christians as "hateful bigots" anymore, at least not based on that statement.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:32 pm

Andreas89 wrote:
Verbum Lux wrote:

Of course, absolutely nothing new or groundbreaking was said about sexuality, gender and marriage. What did please me a lot was how people for whom these issues are struggles in their lives, are considered our neighbours who need our help. But personally, I think that aspect of the statement is one of the main reasons why people are getting so frustrated about this; they can't frame christians as "hateful bigots" anymore, at least not based on that statement.

I agree the first part of what you said.  I do feel that the statement was made in compassionate way.  However, it in no way hinders those who are against it from framing us as hate-filled bigots.  For a large portion of the LGBT crowd and their supporters, this is just another example of hatred.  As far as they are concerned Christians (or at least, those who take the Bible seriously on matters of sexual morality) - and anyone else who refuses to salute the rainbow flag - are a bunch of filthy backwards "hateful bigots," "failed human beings," "garbage people," as a well as a variety of cruder designations that can't be listed on this forum.  You know, like the KKK and Neo-Nazis.

For some, this sort of rhetoric is a means to an end, but I think a lot of people nowadays simply can't fathom the concept that someone can beleive that their agenda is wrong for any reason other than hatred.  So ANY statement that goes against their ideology AT ALL, is hateful.  To be fair, it must be noted that the group in question here is hardly unique in this way of thinking.  Especially in this age of hyper-partisanship, media & social media bubbles, and constant outrage.  And yes, there are Christians like this out there too, and not just the liberal ones.  And not everyone who is pro-LGBT views their opponents as monsters.  But the way things are going, expect to see much more of that in the future.

In way, this statement was beneficial to the pro-LGBT crowd because it gave them another excuse to attack us, and fuel to throw on the fires of their anger, helping to further mobilize them.  I'm not saying that the writers and signers of this statement were wrong to make it.  It lets people know that there are religious leaders out there who hold firm to these beliefs, who aren't part of the angry fire and brimstone crowd.  It may have an impact on some who were on the fence.  But many people will view such a statement as hateful no matter how you word it.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:52 pm

^Well put.

On a different note, someone brought in doughnuts today at work AND us engineers got a lunch-n-learn with a manufacturer's rep in a little bit here.  Yay for free food!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:04 pm

On a somewhat lighter note than my last post, I thought of a great song title.  "The Ballad of Dotard and Little Rocket Man."  Smile

alldatndensum wrote:My fall break was awesome!  However, it was nice to get back to school yesterday.  I missed my babies!

Fall break?  Man, we never got that when I was school.  We hat a Thanksgiving break and Christmas break, but I've never even heard of "Fall Break" before.  Is this common now?
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next