Post by messiaen77 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:57 pm

Yeah.  Thanks for the encouragement.
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Random thoughts...

Post by ThomasEversole on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:05 pm

I inadvertently subjected about 20 people to very loud Christian black metal today.

I drove to the park to walk, trying to slowly get some strength back since I'm healing from surgery. There's a quarter mile track setup with a parking lot and pavilion in view. I'm jamming some Orationem (hey, my own stuff encourages and inspires me) really loudly and I pull up and there's one dude leaving. Perfect, place to myself.

I've done it before, just turn it up in the car, roll down the window a little, and I can still hear it a few hundred feet from the pavilion. I'm like 30% into this the track and like 5 vehicles show up. Looks like a family is having a 4th of July get-together here today. I finish the quarter mile track, but those people heard the last half of track 2 and the first half of track 3 of "Pure Peace and Joy, Love and Kindness" at a reasonable volume.

No one acknowledged me and I didn't acknowledge them. Of course turned off my music when I return to my car before I walked more laps, but I'm sure they formed a thought or two over what they heard from my car. Wink
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:05 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:I inadvertently subjected about 20 people to very loud Christian black metal today.

I drove to the park to walk, trying to slowly get some strength back since I'm healing from surgery.  There's a quarter mile track setup with a parking lot and pavilion in view.  I'm jamming some Orationem (hey, my own stuff encourages and inspires me) really loudly and I pull up and there's one dude leaving.  Perfect, place to myself.

I've done it before, just turn it up in the car, roll down the window a little, and I can still hear it a few hundred feet from the pavilion.  I'm like 30% into this the track and like 5 vehicles show up.  Looks like a family is having a 4th of July get-together here today.  I finish the quarter mile track, but those people heard the last half of track 2 and the first half of track 3 of "Pure Peace and Joy, Love and Kindness" at a reasonable volume.

No one acknowledged me and I didn't acknowledge them.  Of course turned off my music when I return to my car before I walked more laps, but I'm sure they formed a thought or two over what they heard from my car.  Wink
I've got a little bluetooth speaker that sounds pretty good for I take walks, hikes, or bike rides.

But next year if you really want to spread the misery, blast some Movimiento Alterado tunes. Wink Ha ha!
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Clinton, FBI, one could really start to believe int he Illuminati...
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak on Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:48 pm

Been in Berlin for 5 minutes. Saw two rammstein shirts. I fear they may be hopeless.
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak on Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:20 am

Actually, saw like 20 or 30 rammstein shirts today.
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:55 am

Peter who was Vaak wrote:Actually, saw like 20 or 30 rammstein shirts today.
Wie traurig....
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:39 am

Over 1000 users......and not ONE of us has a Birthday today.  That's sort of amazing.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:46 pm

d@v!d wrote:Clinton, FBI, one could really start to believe int he Illuminati...

Yeah, she avoided criminal charges for what she did with the emails, but there's a new investigation involving purjery that I think they'll nail her on it.

She said in court she didn't know the emails were classified. The FBI found that multiple emails were flagged as classified, meaning she would have had to have known they were before she even opened them.

Lying big runs in the Clinton family apparently.
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastèque on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:33 am

I'm VERY angry.
Islam is really cancer.
Pastèque
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://mfuprods.jimdo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:31 am

I feel for ya brother, terrible thing I wtached in the news.
Be safe!

Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:33 am

I am a beast.

ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Pastèque wrote:I'm VERY angry.
Islam is really cancer.
David Wood: "...Islam: evil but brilliant. You can't come up with a better system for violently subjugating people while pretending to be peaceful than Islam."
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pastèque on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:23 pm

Tryed to have news from friends during last 36h, a friend lost his girlfriend.
Pastèque
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://mfuprods.jimdo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:01 am

Bit the bullet and bought a new phone tonight. Samsung Galaxy S7. It makes the games I played on my S4 look like jerky crap. My out loud response to how bright and smooth my games were was:

"Well punch me in the dick and call me Uncle Ben's Rice!"
EDIT: Sorry, I should explain. I say crazy random stuff like this to make my wife laugh.

Hey, I've been through hell, definitely had the money and this machine should last me years!
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:43 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Bit the bullet and bought a new phone tonight. Samsung Galaxy S7. It makes the games I played on my S4 look like jerky crap. My out loud response to how bright and smooth my games were was:

"Well punch me in the dick and call me Uncle Ben's Rice!"
EDIT: Sorry, I should explain. I say crazy random stuff like this to make my wife laugh.

Hey, I've been through hell, definitely had the money and this machine should last me years!

The expandable memory on the GS7 is massive. I'm not ready to upgrade yet, but the 7 would be my choice if I was.
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:11 am

Dude, this phone is amazing. ...and it was so easy to get everything (and I mean everything) moved over from my other phone.
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:44 am

Bought a virtual reality headset for my phone. (and its official, my birthday cash is g-o-n-e.)
I tried to make one from a template I found online. Spent hours cutting the thing out of cardboard only for it to be the wrong size / too small for my phone and I was missing some parts too.

The virtual reality is better than I thought it would be. Its more "3D" than wearing glasses in a movie theater, not to mention the 360° head movement thing. The only thing more immersive that I've done is this virtual reality "ride" on my honeymoon that cost $12 to play once.

I'm very impressed.

My wife laughed at me today over it. (what's new, right?) So I'm in my swivel office chair, with this big clunky black box on my face, I imagine I'm breathing through my mouth as well because I'm excited...
I'm whipping around trying to blow up these spaceships and I just have to pretend my wife's cackling was their laser sounds. I would have liked to have seen what I looked like playing the game. Probably looked like Sloth from the Goonies if he had MS but was very active.

I actually had to stop after about 5 minutes because I started getting dizzy/nauseated from spinning and whipping around... but it was awesome.
Will do again.
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Hahaha I'm imagining you flailing around with some box on your face!  Just don't wield your sword while wearing the goggles...  What a Face

Goodness gracious, why is wedding planning so demanding?!?  There's SO MUCH to figure out and decide on!  And we haven't even touched decorations or anything like that.  Just invitations, registry items, our "wedsite," and the like are enough to keep someone busy as a full time job!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:13 am

Kerrick wrote:
Goodness gracious, why is wedding planning so demanding?!?  There's SO MUCH to figure out and decide on!  And we haven't even touched decorations or anything like that.  Just invitations, registry items, our "wedsite," and the like are enough to keep someone busy as a full time job!

Just remember one thing... it's all about the bride. No matter what they tell you, it's her day. Your job is to show up.  Thumbs up
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:31 am

True. I'm less than a week away from my one year anniversary with my wife. I did the same thing my dad did when he got married.

Let her make 90% of the decisions and provide yay or nay feedback when asked.
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:23 pm

Haha well we'll see...  For example, she's told me, "I don't want a 'color scheme' for our wedding" and I'VE been the one that has to say, "well, we'll have to choose SOMETHING..." to which she begrudgingly agrees hahaha...  I think it actually would've been less stressful if we just had a typical giant wedding ordeal because the act of simplifying things has become complicated in its own!  Goodness gracious.  It's alright though; everything's been falling into place and things are getting taken care of.

On a different note...  Why ON EARTH would Dodge put three of the six spark plugs UNDER the intake manifold?!? So stupid! What a hassle just to replace the plugs. But I don't think my car has probably EVER had the plugs replaced and it runs SO much smoother now...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Kerrick wrote:On a different note...  Why ON EARTH would Dodge put three of the six spark plugs UNDER the intake manifold?!? So stupid! What a hassle just to replace the plugs. But I don't think my car has probably EVER had the plugs replaced and it runs SO much smoother now...

people that have (mostly) never touched a wrench design em...they don't work on 'em...

want stupid?  89 Mustang GT heater core...  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
crucifyd
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:54 pm

^Yeah, I see a fair bit of that at my work too.  I always do my best to design for ease of assembling and such.

I've got a '65 Mustang that I've worked on a fair bit back when I was driving it more.  It's a heck of a lot easier than the modern cars these days!  You can actually see daylight if you open the hood and look down...  sunny  Never replaced the heater core on it so I can't comment on that.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:49 pm

I thought it was sooooooooooo cool how you can add items from other websites on your Amazon wedding registry... until I tried to put ammunition on there and it won't let me!  C'mon!  Dang dirty hippies...  Razz

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:58 pm

crucifyd wrote:
Kerrick wrote:On a different note...  Why ON EARTH would Dodge put three of the six spark plugs UNDER the intake manifold?!? So stupid! What a hassle just to replace the plugs. But I don't think my car has probably EVER had the plugs replaced and it runs SO much smoother now...

people that have (mostly) never touched a wrench design em...they don't work on 'em...

want stupid?  89 Mustang GT heater core...  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I'm convinced it is so you feel like you have to take it to a mechanic to get it done.  Our Audi is just a mess inside.  There was some coolant reserve line that connects to the back of the engine that cracked and it was easier for the shop to just pull the engine than follow the service manual.  Now the thermostat doesn't work in cold weather, but it is almost $500 to replace it because they'll have to hire someone from Cirque du Soleil to get in to it.  And then there's the electronics...
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Nah guys. Most ridiculous fix is the thermometer on a 2006 Volkswagen Passat. You have to take the engine out of the car to get to it.

Talk about spending over $500 just to change a $20 thermometer.
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:38 pm

^Yup, I think that takes the cake...

Today for my "bachelor party" my best friend is taking me to his in-laws' ranch and we're going to shoot many guns, drink good beer, and eat meat.  Life is GOOD.

And in ONE WEEK, Veronika will be here in the US and TO STAY!  In a matter of a week, we will be forever DONE with the long distance crap and permanently be in the same zip code together!  And in three weeks from today, not only will we be in the same zip code but we will be getting married and then be under the same roof together!  I'm mighty stoked.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by exo on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Summer colds are terrible.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:28 am

exo wrote:Summer colds are terrible.
Cold Summers are terrible.

Mere 77 degrees today.
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:07 am

d@v!d wrote:
exo wrote:Summer colds are terrible.
Cold Summers are terrible.

Mere 77 degrees today.

I hear you. I've been sitting in frent of a heater since I woke up; for an hour now.
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:29 am

It's been awhile....................
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:25 am

Approximately 30 minutes until I officially get to run off to the mountains and celebrate 10 years with my wonderful bride! WOOHOO!!
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:26 am

metaldude wrote:Approximately 30 minutes until I officially get to run off to the mountains and celebrate 10 years with my wonderful bride! WOOHOO!!
Smile
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:28 am

Nice!  I hope you enjoy!

Approximately 16 days and three hours until I will have a bride.  I love you

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:36 am

Since I was too sick for my 1 year anniversary because of chemo, my wife and I are going to go out and do something fun tomorrow.

August must be a marrying month, eh? Very Happy
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:25 pm

I will be off from work in about 2 hours and 35 minutes for the weekend.
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:55 pm

I hope you guys have a fun time Thomas!

Hahaha some spam email writer is having fun... I got a spam email titled "How old can people born today live to be?" from Kyle Reese. If you don't know who Kyle Reese is... click this link.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:56 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Since I was too sick for my 1 year anniversary because of chemo, my wife and I are going to go out and do something fun tomorrow.

Our anniversary is in August too! 20 years this month!

Have fun on your outing.
New Creation
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation on Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Kerrick wrote:Nice!  I hope you enjoy!

Approximately 16 days and three hours until I will have a bride.  I love you

So many huge congratulations for you both. Your anniversary will be near ours, the 31st
New Creation
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:19 am

New Creation wrote:
ThomasEversole wrote:Since I was too sick for my 1 year anniversary because of chemo, my wife and I are going to go out and do something fun tomorrow.

Our anniversary is in August too! 20 years this month!

Have fun on your outing.

Go carts, one ride that made me dizzy and a batting cage (I could only hit the softballs, my wife couldn't hit anything!) was the fun. Eating at a new restaurant for us as well.

I had some nausea after eating, but made it home in time to get some relief!
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:55 am

Home made beef stew is delicious.

exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:16 pm

I prefer homemade chili, but the weather has to be right for it.  I don't care for either one if it is hot and humid outside.  Beef stew and chili are cold weather meals.
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:36 pm

My last batch of homemade chili was the best I'd ever made!!!

Deer meat, real onion, real garlic, black beans, pork and beans, diced tomatoes, chocolate pudding, brown sugar, tomato juice. That's it!
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:22 am

Pudding and brown sugar in chili?  I will pass!  That's not how we do it here in the south.

Here, you use your meat of choice, tomato sauce, tomato paste, petite diced tomatoes, chili beans or kidney beans, onions, garlic, chili powder.  If it isn't spicy enough, you add Tabasco or other sauce to add some kick to it.
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:11 am

Don't knock it til you try it.
...and I'm not going to bring regional/terretory pride into the equation, but you can do way better than Tabasco sauce if you want spicy chili.
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:40 pm

ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:04 am

ThomasEversole wrote:Don't knock it til you try it.
...and I'm not going to bring regional/terretory pride into the equation, but you can do way better than Tabasco sauce if you want spicy chili.

In Tennessee, we prefer chili that you can taste without having to worry about burning a hole through the lining of your stomach.

As far as brown sugar and pudding in chili, I will pass.  That just sounds putrid to me.
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:20 pm

One of my local friends started a outdoors/camping type blog. There's only a couple entries right now, but it's still a comical/entertaining read. I just figured I'd share in case anyone else wanted to read. Smile

https://danielinyourlane.wordpress.com
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:23 pm

alldatndensum wrote:.
As far as brown sugar and pudding in chili, I will pass.  That just sounds putrid to me.

Talk to a chili contest winner some time. Chocolate and brown sugar aren't original thoughts of mine.
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum