The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theocracy - A Prelude to Europe concert

2 posters

Go down

Theocracy - A Prelude to Europe concert Empty Theocracy - A Prelude to Europe concert

Post by deathisgain Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:50 am

Can't believe it has been six years since I saw these guys live. The wife and I got out of the house on Saturday and drove an hour away to go see them preform before the go to Europe. For the most part it was a good set. I'm not a big fan of the venues sound, especially with some one like Theocracy that you want to hear all the intricacies of their music. I know I am getting old, but it was WAY too loud. To the point of being just blaring noise. I mainly could hear the booming bass, and I am not talking about the instrument. Just pounding bass. It bummed me out when they would get into a really crunchy guitar part, and I couldn't make out any notes. But enough kvetching about that. For most of the show I got to hang with Shawn Benson, the old drummer. He got up and played with them on "Hide in the Fairytale". It was funny seeing all the fans realize that he was in the audience. Wink Especially afterwards when they rushed him. Also got to hear the debut of the title song for the next album. It sounded nice and heavy. Very Happy Matt's voice was still unbelievable. Especially on "Laying the Demon to Rest". I really wish my phone could have captured the beginning scream and how long he held it with out straining or trailing off. But I think the sound was too much for it. I did get a little snippet of the new song.

deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Theocracy - A Prelude to Europe concert Empty Re: Theocracy - A Prelude to Europe concert

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:21 pm

deathisgain wrote:I know I am getting old, but it was WAY too loud.

You're not getting old. Concerts are ridiculously loud nowadays. I listen to a live album, and I always know that the people in the concert venue didn't get to hear the music I'm hearing. They were treated to just blaring noise. If you don't already know the songs, you'd have no idea what's going on. There needs to be a reversal of this trend where musicians turn DOWN the volume.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Theocracy - A Prelude to Europe concert Empty Re: Theocracy - A Prelude to Europe concert

Post by deathisgain Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:26 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
deathisgain wrote:I know I am getting old, but it was WAY too loud.

You're not getting old. Concerts are ridiculously loud nowadays. I listen to a live album, and I always know that the people in the concert venue didn't get to hear the music I'm hearing. They were treated to just blaring noise. If you don't already know the songs, you'd have no idea what's going on. There needs to be a reversal of this trend where musicians turn DOWN the volume.

I don't think it is the musicians as much as it is the venues. If I go to a nicer venue, the music is usually easier to listen to.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down