The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pod HD v2.0 Update is Out Now!!!

3 posters

Go down

Pod HD v2.0 Update is Out Now!!! Empty Pod HD v2.0 Update is Out Now!!!

Post by DarkFireDragoon Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:18 am

Hey folks! I know that there are a couple of other Pod users around the forums, and I wanted to let you know the new update is out now! I am just about to download it myself, and will probably post a demo track using the new features later on in the week. That said, happy update day! cheers
DarkFireDragoon
DarkFireDragoon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs

Back to top Go down

Pod HD v2.0 Update is Out Now!!! Empty Re: Pod HD v2.0 Update is Out Now!!!

Post by DarkFireDragoon Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:21 am

Here's a really rough demo I made after playing around a bit with the update. I used the new Plexi NRM for the rhythm, the Brt for the lead, the bass amp model (not the pre) and the mic pre for the vocals (I did add a comp in Reaper, which lead to some weirdness with the reverb, but I'll take care of that later when its not the middle of the night Razz). Its not great, but its a start. I am REALLY excited to see what I can do with this new deep cab editing.

The demo is based on Saint's song Warriors of the Son.

Link.
DarkFireDragoon
DarkFireDragoon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:04 am

Since you brought it up, how hard is it to learn to use Reaper?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Reaper is NOT difficult at all, bro. It's what I was using back during my short lived recording experiments last summer, and if I ever get around to setting myself up to record again, it's what I'll got back to. it's pretty straughtforward and intuitive at a basic level, but I also never really got to explore how deep the rabbit hole went.............

DFD: i havent' had my POD hooked up to a computer for 8 months, easily. probably went 3 or 4 without actually ever turning it on Embarassed need to get back into the swing of things......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkFireDragoon Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Since you brought it up, how hard is it to learn to use Reaper?

exo wrote:Reaper is NOT difficult at all, bro. It's what I was using back during my short lived recording experiments last summer, and if I ever get around to setting myself up to record again, it's what I'll got back to. it's pretty straughtforward and intuitive at a basic level, but I also never really got to explore how deep the rabbit hole went.............

Exo is pretty much right on the money; Reaper is pretty easy, overall. It does take some getting used to, but there are excellent tutorials to help guide you through to get your bearings, and I'm sure that Exo, myself, and anyone else on here who uses Reaper would be willing to give you a hand if you end up wanting to try it and have any issues. Remember, they offer an uncrippled 30-day trial version of the program to let folks see if they want to buy it. Its a pretty awesome deal overall, and the licences for the program are pretty dang cheap compared to its peers. As for me personally, I wouldn't dream of using anything else now; I love this DAW... oh so much... I love you

exo wrote:DFD: i havent' had my POD hooked up to a computer for 8 months, easily. probably went 3 or 4 without actually ever turning it on Embarassed need to get back into the swing of things......

You should; I get the feeling you'll appreciate the new cab editing modes. Twisted Evil They expand the sonic palate of the unit to insane levels, IMO. This thing was dang versatile before, but now... my gosh... Shocked I've played around with the new stuff more now, and it is really incredible. From using the new amp models, to reworking my old sounds, to just having fun and playing at the Church, I've fallen in love with my HD500 all over again. Hard.

It also doesn't hurt that I got my Carvin H44M Studio Headphones in to help my tone/mastering/fun times.... Razz Really, now I have never been happier or more satisfied with the unit. With the combination of the headphones to really hear the tone/mix, the new options, and the versatility... man...

Ok, ok... [/longpost] Laughing
DarkFireDragoon
DarkFireDragoon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down