The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having more than one version of the same album....

+10
MikeInFla
deathisgain
bjorn agin
Pershing1134
eatbugs
alldatndensum
Candlemass
Hardcore Christian
Staybrite
Soldier777
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Having more than one version of the same album.... Empty Having more than one version of the same album....

Post by Soldier777 Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Do any of you have more than one version of the same album? I have a few in my collection for various reasons but mostly where all or one of the versions are rare (worth or will be worth $$$) and the album over all is a classic and one of my favorites:

Holy Soldier: The A&M version and Spaceport Records Latin American version of their debut.
Guardian: 20th Anniversary of First Watch and Kingdom of Rock which has most of the same songs.
Stryper: The standard Hollywood Records version and Japanese CBS Sony angel cover of To Hell with the Devil. I also have the Live in Puerto Rico DVD that came out in 2004 and the re-release 2006 edition has been remixed in 5.1 Suround Sound and contains additional bonus material of the 1989 In God We Trust Tour.
Theocracy: the original and the remastered with drums version of their debut and the original version of Mirror of Souls and the digibook version with the bonus track of Wages of Sin.

I'm a collector and I love getting a good deal on a rare album.

Speaking of $$$, I also like collecting older Canadian and foreign bank notes and coins:.
Having more than one version of the same album.... Ma4i3D5uXFKXFelKygoy_0A

Having more than one version of the same album.... MNW3KZcDLcKltg-dVtTUFLQ

The 2 bank notes above I have are older versons of the Canadian $5. The one below is what we currently use:
Having more than one version of the same album.... Canadian_%245_note_specimen_-_face

Last edited by Soldier777 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Having more than one version of the same album.... Empty Re: Having more than one version of the same album....

Post by Staybrite Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:45 pm

I think the only one I have multiple versions of is Sacred Warrior's Rebellion.  I have the original on cd and also the IM reissue.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Having more than one version of the same album.... Empty Re: Having more than one version of the same album....

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:31 pm

I have a couple of dual copies like that..

Barren Cross Rock For The King
Original cd and reissued cd

Barren Cross Rattle Your Cage
Original cd and remastered digital only release

Steve Taylor and The Perfect Foil
Original cd and iTunes only Deluxe Edition

Darrell Mansfield Revelation
1997 reissue cd and expanded edition cd

Bloodgood Bloodgood

Mass Voices In The Night
Retrospect cd and Retroactive Records cd

Saint Time's End

Sin Dizzy He's Not Dead
Tim Gaines cd version and Girder cd

Also couple of the other Saint discs that they redid

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:00 pm

I forgot about the Saint CDs:

Both versions of The Mark/The Revelation, Crime Scene Earth, Warriors of the Son the Originals and the 30th Anniversary of WOS that came out last year.

and Deliverance - Stay of Execution original version and the 2014 version that came out last year.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:13 pm

I have a sealed and unsealed copy of the Neon Cross CD no difference other than one is sealed tongue
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Some of the Saint cds I didn't list because they aren't really the same cd.

The Originals WOS and the 30th anniversary edition are entirely different cds. The anniversary release is a reissue of the re-recorded version of WOS, not a reissue of the Originals version

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Re-fried beans...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:25 pm

I forgot about the Saint albums, I have several versions of the same (probably 4, maybe 5).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:03 pm

After I get an updated version, one of the discs has to go.  Whichever one I prefer the sound of is the one that stays.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:36 pm

Eternal Ryte - World Requiem/Anthology
77's - Sticks and Stones
77's - Echoes O Faith

All three of those I have the original and the double-disc reissue.  I also have several where I replaced an old cassette with a CD.

I'm a collector too but in principle I don't like re-purchasing an entire album because the reissue has 1-2 extra songs.  Several of my favorite bands have songs I may never get to hear because they came out with a "deluxe edition" a year after the initial release.  Maybe I can get them on iTunes, maybe not.  It's still not cool to the fans who put out for the new release when it was new.  Hope I didn't ruin the thread but this is a pet peeve of mine.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:21 am

Barren Cross - State of control (Enigma & Benson versions) 1 track difference between them.

Narnia - Awakening (MCM version & Pony Canon Japanese version)

Bloodgood - Bloodgood (Frontline & IMR)

Vengeance - Human sacrifice (Intense & IMR)

Eternal Ryte - World Requiem (Pure Metal & Roxx Anthology)

Saint - Times End (Pure Metal & M8)

Saint - Warriors of the Son (Miranda cassette & M8 CD)

Bride - Show no mercy (Pure Metal cassette & M8 CD)

Leviticus - I shall conquer (Shadow cassette & M8 CD)

I think that it's it for me....
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:23 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
Darrell Mansfield Revelation
1997 reissue cd and expanded edition cd
What is the difference between the two releases?
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:18 am

Pershing,

The expanded version has 7 live tracks taken from the Revelation tour

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:31 am

eatbugs wrote:I'm a collector too but in principle I don't like re-purchasing an entire album because the reissue has 1-2 extra songs.  Several of my favorite bands have songs I may never get to hear because they came out with a "deluxe edition" a year after the initial release.  Maybe I can get them on iTunes, maybe not.  It's still not cool to the fans who put out for the new release when it was new.

I'm with you on this. It's also a pet peeve of mine to have an album I love come out with a deluxe edition after I purchased the original. So far the only extra track I've gone back to iTunes for in one of these cases was Disciple's "Things Left Unsaid". I'm not sure why that song didn't make it on the original album, I like it a lot.

Back to the original question. I have a few duplicates,  mostly in the form of KMG 2 in 1 releases.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:36 am

Soldier777 wrote:Stryper: I also have the Live in Puerto Rico DVD that came out in 2004 and the re-release 2006 edition has been remixed in 5.1 Suround Sound and contains additional bonus material of the 1989 In God We Trust Tour.

I didn't know they came out with a second version of that. Does it sound better? I thought the copy I had was a little heavy in the bass.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:51 am

I'm a collector too but in principle I don't like re-purchasing an entire album because the reissue has 1-2 extra songs.  Several of my favorite bands have songs I may never get to hear because they came out with a "deluxe edition" a year after the initial release.  Maybe I can get them on iTunes, maybe not.  It's still not cool to the fans who put out for the new release when it was new.  Hope I didn't ruin the thread but this is a pet peeve of mine.

Here's a better idea than the deluxe editions to get fans to repurchase an album:

Why not put out a deluxe edition to start with that has bonus tracks to start with?  The incentive would be that the deluxe edition would be only a limited run and would soon be gone.  The standard issue with less songs would then hit the shelves.  The deluxe version would then be gone.....forever.  Only the fans that jumped on the deluxe edition would have those songs.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:34 am

alldatndensum wrote:After I get an updated version, one of the discs has to go.  Whichever one I prefer the sound of is the one that stays.

Me too, no need to keep both unless it is something like "Saint The Collection" which has 4 CD's in the package. I kept that one even tho I have the remasters but that's different. The Collection has the most important Saint release of all time, The Perfect Life so how could I part with The Collection?

But anything else I get rid of because there is no need for 2 copies... Unless I have it on vinyl and CD. Then I will keep one of each. I normally pick the one I like best and get rid of the other. If I have 2 copies on vinyl I pick the one in better shape and get rid of the other. Same with CD's, but normally I will keep a newer version and get rid of the older one... Unless the older one sounds fine to me and i won't bother even getting the new one.

And, some I never owned on CD like the first 2 Bloodgood albums. I had the debut on vinyl and Detonation on cassette. So I bought those when they were re-issued a few years ago, but if I had the originals on CD I would have A. Probably not bought them to begin with since i already had them or B. Sell the originals because the remasters sound better.

Solider777,

Do you have any Canadian money that looks like this? This is my favorite Canadian bill:

Having more than one version of the same album.... Resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FB-3yLu3UIAAXg-H

Or the Professor Snape Version:

Having more than one version of the same album.... O-SNAPE-5-BILL-CANADA-570

Or if you live in the US this one:

Having more than one version of the same album.... Art-Worth-The-Money
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:39 am

alldatndensum wrote:

Here's a better idea than the deluxe editions to get fans to repurchase an album:

Why not put out a deluxe edition to start with that has bonus tracks to start with?  The incentive would be that the deluxe edition would be only a limited run and would soon be gone.  The standard issue with less songs would then hit the shelves.  The deluxe version would then be gone.....forever.  Only the fans that jumped on the deluxe edition would have those songs.

And I think this is how Roxx typically does a release -- Jupiter VI has a deluxe edition, Super Fan edition and normal CD. The Super Fan is sold out and there are a few deluxe versions left (comes with a bonus CD). So it is cool to release them all at the same time then as a fan we can pick which one we want without having to buy a "normal" release then buy another one for a few extra tunes.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:13 am

I have two copies of The Devil Wears Prada's Plagues: the original and the re-release w/ DVD.
Also two copies of Flyleaf's s/t. Again, original and DVD re-release.
Don't think there's anything else.

Soldier777, that first five dollar bill you posted, I have one of those! Very Happy My grandparents took a trip of Canada several years ago and sent me some Canadian money. Often wondered what I could buy for CAN$5, though I guess now it's outdated and useless?

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:45 am

MikeInFla wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

And I think this is how Roxx typically does a release -- Jupiter VI has a deluxe edition, Super Fan edition and normal CD. The Super Fan is sold out and there are a few deluxe versions left (comes with a bonus CD). So it is cool to release them all at the same time then as a fan we can pick which one we want without having to buy a "normal" release then buy another one for a few extra tunes.

Demon Hunter does this too.

Obviously from my original post I WILL re-buy an album if it has an entire extra disc of music.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:44 pm

I have 
Barren Cross - State of Control cd version and tape version, some different tracks on each.
I have 
Pylon - the Harrowing of Hell digital version from the band as well as the Roxx Deluxe version.
Deliverance Stay Of Execution tape and the roxx reissue.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:12 am

The first time I listened to several classic christian bands were through the KGM release 2 in 1, so every opportunity I had to purchase an original single version or a remeastered version I did. It applies to Tourniquet's Stop the Bleeding, Psycho Surgery and Vanishing Lessons; Deliverance's What a Joke and Stay of Execution; Bloodgood's S/T and Detonation, among a few others.

Besides that I have the original version of King James The Fall and the digital files of its reissue.

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:30 am

i have the original Living Sacrifice releases on REX and SolidState
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 6stringgrind Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:35 am

force perspective wrote:i have the original Living Sacrifice releases on REX and SolidState

Do you hear any difference in sound? I've heard differing opinions.

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:49 pm

I've got two versions of Post Momentary Affliction by Mortification. I have one of the newer Soundmass re issues, and I found one of the Nuclear Blast copies at a Vintage Stock. If I've bought an mp3 version of an album, I usually find a cd version too; I like having the physical copies.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next