The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Brave

+9
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
eatbugs
MikeInFla
Black Rider
Professor_Valconian
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
sentient 6
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Brave Empty The Brave

Post by sentient 6 Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:06 am

I just stumbled on this band, and they sound pretty good. I know they are probably pretty old, but this fits the bill when Im in the mood for some commercial hard rock. The lyrics seem pretty weak and very pseudo Christian, but beggars cannot be choosers. This is way cleaner than what you would find in the secular.

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

The Brave Empty Re: The Brave

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:46 am

They released 2 albums in the 90s
 and recently reformed with a 3rd vocalist

1st album
Battle Cries (commercial glam rock)

2nd Album
Trust (a blueseir thing with a different vocalist)

3rd album
Their brand new album that came out last year with a 3rd vocalist (female)
http://www.thebravemusic.com/music
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:33 am

Some of the songs were not as bold, but some of their material was spot on.  Their first two albums were amazing!

The new material is really good, too.  However, the album is a little weak in the production area.  I don't think that they had a good mastering job.  The album sounds more like a demo.  With better mastering, the album would have been stellar.  I even like the new female singer and she does a good job bringing the attitude needed for the re-imagined songs and shows that the band still has something to give on the new tracks.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:59 am

Love these guys.  IMO, their best song ever is "Tomorrow" off of Trust.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:18 am

I have the first two albums. Love them. Battle Cries has a slight edge over Trust in my book. I believe they were both produced by the Elefante brothers.

If you are looking for similar and somewhat obscure music, try this ...

Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:23 am

Professor_Valconian wrote:I have the first two albums. Love them. Battle Cries has a slight edge over Trust in my book. I believe they were both produced by the Elefante brothers.

If you are looking for similar and somewhat obscure music, try this ...

Broken Silence's "Discerning The Times" is one of my favorite albums.

It came out in 1995 and then was given the Retroactive Records treatment in 2011.

A must have.

As for The Brave, I have their first two albums. I like Battle Cries a lot more than Trust, but both are good to have. 

The new release was one I had pre-ordered but then got so ticked at them that I sold it as soon as it came in. I was following them on Facebook ever since they announced they got back together, and had pre-ordered the album the moment they were taking orders. The whole time, they kept who their singer was going to a big secret. Never answered questions about it directly, and never put any samples up that had vocals. In hindsight, I should never have even pre-ordered since they were refusing to reveal the singer..I just had put trust in them based on who their previous two singers were (since I had also been interacting with them on Facebook, I am sure that helped create a false trust, too).

The day they released the album via mp3 was the day they finally revealed it was a female singer.

I felt that making THAT big of a switch and keeping it hush hush was bogus.....since that day I have not listened to one single song by The Brave and promptly unfriended them on FB. Still like the old stuff, but haven't even wanted to listen to it since that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:18 am

I almost never listen to Battle Cries anymore, too many other bands did that sound better. I love the bluesier sound of Trust and listen to fairly regularly.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:48 am

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:18 pm

I like them too.  I pretty much agree with what alldat said except I think I like Rise better than Trust.  Battle Cries is still my favorite though.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:52 am

Battle Cries by a mile for me. Trust was good. Rise is dreadful.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:23 am

I dig all three of their albums, and look forward to them releasing new music with the current line-up.  My only critique of the last album was that the production was a bit lacking (especially when compared to the first two albums).  But it certainly isn't so poor as to make the album unlistenable.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:49 am

I have the 3 Brave CDs. The first 2 is not bad and has several good songs. The Rise CD is ok - in some places I like the female singer and on other places she annoys me. The production sounds demo like. I don't know why they gave the older songs a worse production on the Rise but perhaps it was to get the rights to the songs like what X-Sinner did with Peace Treaty/Fire It Up. To me Battle Cries sounds too slick and polished - if they made it sound a little gritty like the Fear Not CD then I would likely enjoy it more. I find the ballads on the first 2 albums quite good and I usually skip over the ballads on most CDs. I only recently got into this band a few months ago and bought all 3 albums. It's too bad they only put out 2 albums like many artists (2 or more) for different reasons in the early-mid 90's did like Legend, Crystavox, Holy Soldier, X-Sinner, etc.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:03 pm

I think most of the small, christian labels figured if you weren't making it after the second album you were done. Plus, I think many bands found it was a tough life to lead.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:25 pm

S777,

Remember that when Battle Cries came out, slick and polished melodic metal was what was selling...

Heavens Edge, Danger Danger, Beau Nasty, Winger, Cats In Boots, etc etc

All slick and polished

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:29 pm

Soldier777 wrote: To me Battle Cries sounds too slick and polished - if they made it sound a little gritty like the Fear Not CD then I would likely enjoy it more.

A slick production is one of the draws for me with these types of bands.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:48 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
Soldier777 wrote: To me Battle Cries sounds too slick and polished - if they made it sound a little gritty like the Fear Not CD then I would likely enjoy it more.

I couldn't agree more!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:00 pm

sentient 6 wrote:

Same here....

Even my favorite era of Kiss was when they got into the slick and polished 80's pop metal

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:06 pm

I like polished production as much as anyone, but "Trust" had the same slickness to the production while the music had more grit and gravel.  It was less Europe and more Skid Row.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I like polished production as much as anyone, but "Trust" had the same slickness to the production while the music had more grit and gravel.  It was less Europe and more Skid Row.

Thats true. And I think there is a place for both kinds of sounds in rock music.

Back in the day when I would listen to bands like Danger Danger, Trixter, Poison, etc I would think to myself that this was nothing more than " pop " music with better guitar. Sometimes I just wanted some catchy tunes without a lot of substance behind it.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:25 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:I like polished production as much as anyone, but "Trust" had the same slickness to the production while the music had more grit and gravel.  It was less Europe and more Skid Row.

Thats true. And I think there is a place for both kinds of sounds in rock music.

Back in the day when I would listen to bands like Danger Danger, Trixter, Poison, etc I would think to myself that this was nothing more than " pop " music with better guitar. Sometimes I just wanted some catchy tunes without a lot of substance behind it.

Ironically, thats pretty much the same formula as Pop-Punk nowadays (ie, bowling for soup, Simple Plan, ValuePac, MXPX, (old) Reliant K, etc)

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:27 pm

WildWorld wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:

Ironically, thats pretty much the same formula as Pop-Punk nowadays (ie, bowling for soup, Simple Plan, ValuePac, MXPX, (old) Reliant K, etc)

..indeed.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:13 pm

I´ll bumb this up. I love Battle Cries! There is something in the early 90´s sound you just cannot resist.

I don´t have Rise, though I have heard whole album. The band´s website is down but the last update in their FB profile is telling that they were in the middle of production of a new album with new material.

The silence after that leaves much to doubt. I would be very interested of hearing their new material.

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:16 pm

Count me out. I hated 'Rise'. They butchered the old tracks. Sneaking up on fans with a female vocalist also left me cold. I wouldn't have minded if they'd just been forthright about it.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Sneaking up on fans with a female vocalist also left me cold. I wouldn't have minded if they'd just been forthright about it.

Yeah, that wasn't cool. 

I actually like her voice and find myself listening to this more than Trust.  With better production I would enjoy hearing more from this re-tooled version of the band.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:42 pm

eatbugs wrote:
I actually like her voice and find myself listening to this more than Trust.  With better production I would enjoy hearing more from this re-tooled version of the band.

I agree.  Would be nice if they got some better production on future releases.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next