The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Les Carlsen / Don Cromwell release The Lucky Side (YouTube video added)

4 posters

Go down

Les Carlsen / Don Cromwell release The Lucky Side (YouTube video added) Empty Les Carlsen / Don Cromwell release The Lucky Side (YouTube video added)

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Had no idea that this was coming out. Would like to hear a sample first, but have been unable to find one.

From Retroactive:

CARLSEN CROMWELL - THE LUCKY SIDE (CD, 2015) Now available on eBay and Amazon from Bloodgood vocalist and former bassist for Eddie Money and Air Supply! 

Amazon

eBay

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Fri May 15, 2015 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Les Carlsen / Don Cromwell release The Lucky Side (YouTube video added) Empty Re: Les Carlsen / Don Cromwell release The Lucky Side (YouTube video added)

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Description from eBay:

Longtime friends, Les Carlsen (Bloodgood vocalist) and Don Cromwell (ex-Eddie Money/ex-Air Supply bassist) have finally teamed up to combine their extravagant talents to create the 70’s rock influenced, The Lucky Side!  Tight rhythms, big hooks, crisp production, and the trademark Les Carlson vocals are reminiscent of the best of 70’s era Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, The Eagles, and Steve Perry!  For fans of quality AOR and 70’s rock!

Back to top Go down

Les Carlsen / Don Cromwell release The Lucky Side (YouTube video added) Empty Re: Les Carlsen / Don Cromwell release The Lucky Side (YouTube video added)

Post by Staybrite Thu May 14, 2015 12:50 pm

I saw that Matt Hunt posted about the release on facebook, but like you I would really like to hear it first.  Did a quick internet search and couldn't find anything about the project.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 5:19 pm

Wow, that is so nice. I am a huge fan of Les Carlsen's voice and now is the opportunity to hear how would he sound out of bloodgood, even though he has sang with Tourniquet, Lyberty and justice and Worldview, this is his own project...

Is it going to be released online?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 5:20 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:Wow, that is so nice. I am a huge fan of Les Carlsen's voice and now is the opportunity to hear how would he sound out of bloodgood, even though he has sang with Tourniquet, Lyberty and justice and Worldview, this is his own project...

Is it going to be released online?

I don't see any mp3 options for it right now. There is scant info available about it, though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 1:40 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 1:43 pm

After hearing it, I don't think I will be adding it to my collection. I really don't like Les' voice on this. Rock music hides vocal flaws, this style exposes them.

But who knows, there has been a lot of stuff that I didn't like at first but then my tastes changed and I wound up loving it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri May 15, 2015 2:17 pm

I thought Les' voice was good enough, but the song just seemed rather lack-luster to me.  For a song called "Fired Up Tonight" I would have expected it to be a bit more lively.  I hope this isn't the best of the music from the album or I will probably have to pass.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Staybrite wrote:I thought Les' voice was good enough, but the song just seemed rather lack-luster to me.  For a song called "Fired Up Tonight" I would have expected it to be a bit more lively.  I hope this isn't the best of the music from the album or I will probably have to pass.

Yeah, the title would make you think that, wouldn't you... Razz

Les' voice just just sounds tired and old to me

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri May 15, 2015 2:55 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:

Well, he's not exactly "young and fresh"  Laughing
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Staybrite wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

Well, he's not exactly "young and fresh"  Laughing

Yeah, I was saying that tongue in cheek... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri May 15, 2015 3:26 pm

Stop that, it's really hard to understand you when you talk with your tongue stuck in your cheek.  You also run the risk of biting your tongue.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 3:52 pm

Staybrite wrote:Stop that, it's really hard to understand you when you talk with your tongue stuck in your cheek.  You also run the risk of biting your tongue.

Occupational hazard...  tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri May 15, 2015 5:49 pm

After hearing the song, I must say that I am looking forward to hearing the song.  It doesn't sound like anything in the Christian metal scene or the CCM arena.  It definitely sounds 70s rock.  Seeing that I am getting ever closer to that half century mark, I like this!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri May 15, 2015 5:54 pm

Meh.. pass.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Fri May 15, 2015 7:29 pm

I've seen this album for sale on Ebay. I think I'll pass on this.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 7:35 pm

alldatndensum wrote:After hearing the song, I must say that I am looking forward to hearing the song. 

Hmm..... You don't say...

clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 7:46 pm

The song is just nice. Not outstanding, but not bad. Even though Les voice seen to be old, I still enjoy it. I am a great fan of his singing. Who knows, I might get it. It is a different kind of music to my catalog...

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 16, 2015 6:44 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:After hearing the song, I must say that I am looking forward to hearing the song. 

clown

Whoops!!!!  The CMR should have a rule about posting under the influence of sinus medicine!!!  Razz
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 7:32 am

alldatndensum wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

clown

Whoops!!!!  The CMR should have a rule about posting under the influence of sinus medicine!!!  Razz

Sinus medicine.... Yeah, ok... Sinus medicine ..we'll go with that answer... 

Well then.. I think I may just have to go down to the local....ehhh.. "Allergist".. And grab me some of that good ol "allergy medicine"

drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 16, 2015 8:04 am

Don't make me have to grab my walking stick and wack you with it, you young whippersnapper.  My false teeth can keep biting long after they come out too, ya' know!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 9:06 am

alldatndensum wrote:Don't make me have to grab my walking stick and wack you with it, you young whippersnapper.  My false teeth can keep biting long after they come out too, ya' know!

Again?  I thought we moved past that stage since last time you bit me... 

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 9:52 am

Album sounds underwhelming.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 16, 2015 1:45 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Don't make me have to grab my walking stick and wack you with it, you young whippersnapper.  My false teeth can keep biting long after they come out too, ya' know!

Again?  I thought we moved past that stage since last time you bit me... 

lol!

Well, my Medicaid finally kicked in and paid for more teeth.  lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down