The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just saw The Choir and Michael Roe in concert

5 posters

Go down

Just saw The Choir and Michael Roe in concert Empty Just saw The Choir and Michael Roe in concert

Post by Guest 29/4/2015, 2:52 pm

Amazing. Just got home from The Choir and Michael Roe in concert. Michael opened and then played bass for Derri and Steve. Amazing night. I caught just a tiny bit of video which I can share probably tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Just saw The Choir and Michael Roe in concert Empty Re: Just saw The Choir and Michael Roe in concert

Post by d@v!d 29/4/2015, 3:49 pm

Kooling rofward to seeing it.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Just saw The Choir and Michael Roe in concert Empty Re: Just saw The Choir and Michael Roe in concert

Post by eatbugs 29/4/2015, 4:34 pm

I'm going to the Livonia, MI show on Thursday.  I believe Tim Chandler is making a special trip to play bass for this one (if he didn't get a fraudulent ticket) Wink .  Any spoilers for the set list?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/4/2015, 9:49 pm

eatbugs wrote:I'm going to the Livonia, MI show on Thursday.  I believe Tim Chandler is making a special trip to play bass for this one (if he didn't get a fraudulent ticket) Wink .  Any spoilers for the set list?

1. Michael Roe does 4 acoustic songs first, joined midway by Steve Hindalong on drums.
2. After those 4 songs, Derri comes out and all three perform the Circle Slide album in what seemed to be it's entirety with Michael remaining on bass. Pay special attention to Blue Skies, amazing performance.
3. After Circle Slide, they perform 3 songs off their new album Shadow Weaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/4/2015, 2:23 am

Michael Roe solo acoustic

Just saw The Choir and Michael Roe in concert VR2j0vnl

Derri, Steve and Michael

Just saw The Choir and Michael Roe in concert NTab6J0l

Just saw The Choir and Michael Roe in concert JzSukf7l

Just saw The Choir and Michael Roe in concert HaTuBPfl

Last edited by Adam on 30/4/2015, 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/4/2015, 2:26 am

Two short videos. Crappy phone. Poor quality.

https://vimeo.com/126380925
https://vimeo.com/126380926

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs 30/4/2015, 5:17 am

Very cool!  Please tell me they do "Who You Think I Am."  It's their best song of the past 15 years.  Is it true they sell a "tour edition" reissue of Circle Slide?  I used to have the cassette but it wore out and I need to replace it.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/4/2015, 6:17 am

Yes, they do play this song.

And yes, it's true, there is a tour edition CD of Circle Slide and it has audio commentary. I did not buy it.

Back to top Go down

Post by oteis 30/4/2015, 8:21 pm

O man, you got me jealous here! I wish i could have been there. I wonder if The Choir has ever been in The Netherlands. If only they would cross the big pond.
oteis
oteis
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs 1/5/2015, 4:33 pm

That was amazing!  Beautiful Scandalous Night was the perfect ending.

I'll try to share my media tomorrow.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs 2/5/2015, 8:33 am

Ok, I'm still having trouble with image hosting, so here's the link to what I've put on Facebook so far (you don't need to be a FB member to see this):

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.962214373797804.1073741836.100000277515360&type=1&l=1fa03ef9f9

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs 2/5/2015, 1:41 pm

Aah, the evil triple post Embarassed .  Here's some longer thoughts on the concert.  Mike Roe did stand in on bass for The Choir, it was Dan Michaels who made the special trip (not Chandler) to play sax.  My wife and I got to talk to him after the show, he said he can make about 10 of the 40 dates on the tour.  Adam, yes, Blue Skies was powerful.  I'm not into recording live shows I go to (even for personal use) but I wish I had bootlegged that one.  I was most impressed with Steve Hindalong.  I've seen amazing drummers live before but what made him special was the use of various percussion instruments besides his kit.  My wife and I wondered what a lyricon was too.  Now we know.  The venue I was at seats less than 90 people.  Mike Roe said if you can't sell that place out you are nobody.  It made it cool though to see that intimate performance.  My wife and I got front/center seats (as you can tell from my pictures).

Oteis, don't feel too jealous.  There are bands who tour Europe that I haven't seen here (even US-based bands).  Neal Morse announced a tour last week on Facebook and when I followed the link to see the dates, it was a European tour.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin 4/5/2015, 1:01 am

The Aurora IL show was awesome.

This is another show that Dan Michaels appeared at, and it definitely was an extra treat hearing him play the sax and lyricon.

There was an extra opener at the show. Josh Caterer (whom I never heard of before, but apparently fronts a group called the Smoking Popes). His set was surprisingly good. Checked out his groups music, and I'm digging that too.

eatbugs wrote:I was most impressed with Steve Hindalong.  I've seen amazing drummers live before but what made him special was the use of various percussion instruments besides his kit.

I totally have to agree. Steve is one of the most underrated drummers in the business. Not to mention I believe he writes the bulk of The Choir's material. He's definitely got a bunch of extra toys behind the drum kit to make noise with.

I did shoot one piece of video. Pardon the shaky video with me holding the cell phone up sideways.

bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by QuothTheRaven 4/5/2015, 1:20 pm

I saw the Columbus, Ohio date. Aside from the fact that I was stuck standing behind a very large man and couldn't see the whole stage at once (duck and weave!) it was a great show. I would echo what adam said about Blue Skies. It was incredible. In addition to the tour edition of Circle Slide (which I didn't pick up) Mike Roe had a remaster of the 77s Pray Naked which I did pick up. Great evening of music!
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down