The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian bands that sound similar to Dio

+16
KellyDivineAggression
metaldude
Temple of Blood
alldatndensum
Machine Fish
Professor_Valconian
d@v!d
Metallynx
MetalGospel
Candlemass
Kerrick
deathisgain
6stringgrind
Friday13th
Jaybird
Benny4SR
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Christian bands that sound similar to Dio - Page 3 Empty Re: Christian bands that sound similar to Dio

Post by zinescene Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:03 am

There's some debate whether Astral Doors are Christian, they cover social topics including the sex abuse scandal on the Catholic Church.  They've definately got a Dio vibe going on.  I can't post a link due to restrictions but check out the song Raise the Bones or Evil is Forever.

Last edited by zinescene on Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add informatoin to post)

zinescene
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Christian bands that sound similar to Dio - Page 3 Empty Re: Christian bands that sound similar to Dio

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:42 am

Welcome zinescene!

I'm not too familiar with that band, though upon a brief look at their lyrics, I'm thinking it's pretty safe to say that they are not a Christian band.

Astral Doors - God Is The Devil wrote:God is the Devil and the Devil is God
Pray for tomorrow's children
Jesus is Satan and Satan is here
God is the Devil and the Devil is God

They definitely have quite a bit of religious-themed lyrics, though with songs like the above or Disciples Of The Dragon Lord or The Last Temptation Of Christ, I'm curious where the debate comes from?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by zinescene Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:21 am

This quote was taken from their latest album and I think is a metaphor and not literal.  Trying to confirm that but don't seem to find many topics on the song lyrics.  Their albums tend to cover many controversial themes and on this one Child abuse seems to be at the forefront of the conversation.  I think the perception was they were a religious band at one point because of the topics but I think the general consensus is they are a metal band that delve into religious topics.  Can't deny the RJD influence though.  That is very prevalent through out their CD's.

zinescene
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:05 am

Right on; thanks for the clarification!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Astral Doors is one of the closest things to Dio. But from what I've heard of their songs over the years, I've never pegged them as Christian as the original poster was asking for. Diviner is band that has lyrics that seem to lean in a Christian direction and are on a label that supports Christian bands.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by graybeardheadbanger Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:47 pm

I don't know if anyone is still following this, but I don't think anyone has mentioned the Greek band Diviner.  Trust me, this is THE answer to this question.  Two or three songs in any you'll be convinced of the Dio comparison (mostly in the voices, but some of the music as well).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dysWTaLi4R4

graybeardheadbanger

graybeardheadbanger
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by graybeardheadbanger Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:49 pm

deathisgain wrote:Astral Doors is one of the closest things to Dio. But from what I've heard of their songs over the years, I've never pegged them as Christian as the original poster was asking for. Diviner is band that has lyrics that seem to lean in a Christian direction and are on a label that supports Christian bands.

Whopps--I didn't see this until after I posted!  Oh well, just say I concur!

graybeardheadbanger
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by graybeardheadbanger Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Sabbatharian wrote:"graybeardheadbanger?!"  Shocked

?????

graybeardheadbanger
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3