The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring 2015 listening project

2 posters

Go down

Spring 2015 listening project Empty Spring 2015 listening project

Post by srguenther Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:29 am

I do this every time I can, and figured I'd share...
I pick a group at random - a group or artist that is really well known, but I don't know as much of their music as I should(or that I havent rrally lis tend to in a while). Starting next week I will be finishing up last summer's project of the Bob Marley/Wailers discography (I got up to Kaya) and will be starting up with the Ramones. For this Summer, I'm looking at maybe Journey and the Clash.

If anyone else wants to participate feel free to pick any artist or band you want. The only rule is to listen to the albums in order.

If you decide to do it too, let me k ow who you're listening to!

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Spring 2015 listening project Empty Re: Spring 2015 listening project

Post by srguenther Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:04 pm

My project hit an early snag - I thought I had gotten a hold of all of the Ramones albums, but I had totally forgotten Rocket To Russia. I'm borrowing it from a friend tomorrow so I'll be back on track....

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by srguenther Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:19 am

Day 4.
I have been a fan of the Ramones hits for a long time. I bought 'mania' and 'adios amigos' when I was in college and love both of them. I've made it to album #4 - 'end of the century'. So far I 'm pretty 'meh'. I still love the hits but I haven't really heard much else that is as good as I had hoped...

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:35 am

srguenther wrote:I do this every time I can, and figured I'd share...
I pick a group at random - a group or artist that is really well known, but I don't know as much of their music as I should(or that I havent rrally lis tend to in a while).  Starting next week I will be finishing up last summer's project of the Bob Marley/Wailers discography (I got up to Kaya) and will be starting up with the Ramones.  For this Summer, I'm looking at maybe Journey and the Clash.

If anyone else wants to participate feel free to pick any artist or band you want.  The only rule is to listen to the albums in order.  

If you decide to do it too, let me k ow who you're listening to!
Cool project!

BTW, these are my favorites.
Leave Home
Rocket to Russia
Road to Ruin
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by srguenther Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:31 pm

'Leave home' was good, so was 'Rocket to Russia'. I'm gonna have to see what my thoughts on them are after listening to them a second @@nd third time

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum