The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody know what's up with Ted Kirkpatrick and Tourniquet?

+15
sentient 6
exo
oteis
Candlemass
d@v!d
Grindboy
bodachi
Tobi Elektrik
Airola
Galations6.7
deathisgain
Kerrick
lhversaw
Hardcore Christian
Gandalf the White
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Anybody know what's up with Ted Kirkpatrick and Tourniquet? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anybody know what's up with Ted Kirkpatrick and Tourniquet?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Not kowtowing to Ted's beliefs--and calling him out on IMO for his quite incorrect ones--is not "being a jerk," Sieto.  That's an ad hominem if I've ever heard one.  In the spirit of debate, I've merely questioned Ted's proclivity for flood-posting the CMR with his infinitude of OTF videos, his tendency to elevate animals to human status, and I've stated  my observations regarding Tourniquet's current musical relevance.

Back to top Go down

Anybody know what's up with Ted Kirkpatrick and Tourniquet? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anybody know what's up with Ted Kirkpatrick and Tourniquet?

Post by sentient 6 Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:54 pm

Candlemass wrote:
 Where was somebody being "a jerk?"

Some people need to learn how to be more tactful. Maybe even me.Shocked
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:26 pm

oteis wrote:Not wanting to be a jerk here, but we must be grateful artists take the time to post their opinions and background stories here. Sometimes I wonder what's up with most of you guys posting these things about other artists. Trying to be funny, but in fact being a bunch of jerks. 

**Please people think before posting**
I hands down agree to the spirit of what you're getting at in regards to treating others with respect, but...

I wonder if people here realize that most of the professional artists that post here are just using the forum as free PR for their latest project. The smarter ones use it as a way to keep their ear to the ground of their fans tastes. It's not like they are gifting us with their presence more than we are gifting them with support, encouragement, and valuable feedback about their product. Don't you notice how they don't tend to participate in discussions about others music or anything else? I understand that productive people like pro musicians are to busy to spend time here debating candy like the rest of us no-lifers. I think it's fair and honest to treat them like we treat anyone else and just give our sincere thoughts on their art without being pinheads. We shouldn't put anyone on a pedestal and treat them better just because they are a famous artist. We should treat everyone kindly and with honesty.

I think that ihversaw had some legitimate complaints about Ted, but I also think he went way over board as to how he communicated it. Yes, it's tacky to spam post like Ted did, but how often does he do it? If it were chronic behavior I could see saying something. Other than that, let him know you disagree with his philosophy and artistic direction and leave it at that. There's no reason to go on and on about it. BTW, I do understand being frustrated. No trip.

I do try to think before posting, but sometimes I get to caught up in trying to have a life to think things through...

Last edited by d@v!d on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:04 am; edited 2 times in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnycanuck Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:54 pm

I am sorry but I can't listen to it for I am a Meatetarian.
johnnycanuck
johnnycanuck
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:09 pm

johnnycanuck wrote:I am sorry but I can't listen to it for I am a Meatetarian.
I am too its almost too much for me to handle Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:32 pm

I think gipperman has participated in other discussions, and he's probably busier than most, if not all, of the artists who post here. Luke Easter used to participate in just about any discussion...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:30 am

Neal Morse Code wrote:I know Kerrick owns an Eddie Mummy.  Kerrick, can I play with madness?  Very Happy

Wait, is it's name "Eddie" or "Madness"?
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:41 am

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:20 am

d@v!d wrote:
oteis wrote:Not wanting to be a jerk here, but we must be grateful artists take the time to post their opinions and background stories here. Sometimes I wonder what's up with most of you guys posting these things about other artists. Trying to be funny, but in fact being a bunch of jerks. 

I hands down agree to the spirit of what you're getting at in regards to treating others with respect, but...

I wonder if people here realize that most of the professional artists that post here are just using the forum as free PR for their last project. The smarter ones use it as a way to keep their ear to the ground of their fans. It's not like they are gifting us with their presence more than we are gifting them with support, encouragement, and valuable feedback about their product. Don't you notice how they don't tend to participate in discussions about others music or anything else. I understand that productive people like pro musicians are to busy to spend time here debating candy like the rest of us no-lifers. I think it's fair and honest to treat them like we treat anyone else and just give our sincere thoughts on their art without being pinheads. We shouldn't put anyone on a pedestal and treat them better just because the famous artist. We should treat everyone kindly and with honesty.

I think that ihversaw had some legitimate complaints about Ted, but I also think he went way over board as to how he communicated it. Yes, it's tacky to spam post like Ted did, but how often does he do it? If it were chronic behavior I could see saying something. Other than that, let him know you disagree with his philosophy and artistic direction and leave it at that. There's no reason to go on and on about it. BTW, I do understand being frustrated. No trip.

I do try to think before posting, but sometimes I get to caught up in trying to have a life to think things through...

Right. I started this thread because I was pretty certain Ted would never see it. He never comes unless it's to promote something and he does it to the extreme. I don't mind - I don't care for Tedniquet so I don't listen to them and I just ignore his posts.

But if posting a silly joke is being a jerk, well gosh... maybe I shouldn't post anything at all anymore...
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:01 am

Gandalf the White wrote:Right. I started this thread because I was pretty certain Ted would never see it. He never comes unless it's to promote something and he does it to the extreme. I don't mind - I don't care for Tedniquet so I don't listen to them and I just ignore his posts.

But if posting a silly joke is being a jerk, well gosh... maybe I shouldn't post anything at all anymore...
Wow, I did a poor job proof reading ;(

I think your joke was funny and legit.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:46 am

deathisgain wrote:
exo wrote:I'm bored with locking threads.  I'm gonna start banning anyone who plays with strawmen instead.

"Straw man" - isn't that the skeleton skin thingy mascot for Iron Maiden?

face palm

exo wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
exo wrote:I'm bored with locking threads.  I'm gonna start banning anyone who plays with strawmen instead.

Doesn't matter, as long as you don't play with it.

face palmRolf 2

d@v!d wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

I thought that was the wicker man.

Hahaha nice.  Your time will come!  (That's my favorite song)

Neal Morse Code wrote:I know Kerrick owns an Eddie Mummy.  Kerrick, can I play with madness?  Very Happy

Actually I got a Trooper Eddie action figure.  He stands guard of my desk at work. What a Face

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by oteis Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Gandalf the White wrote:
d@v!d wrote:

I wonder if people here realize that most of the professional artists that post here are just using the forum as free PR for their last project. The smarter ones use it as a way to keep their ear to the ground of their fans. It's not like they are gifting us with their presence more than we are gifting them with support, encouragement, and valuable feedback about their product. Don't you notice how they don't tend to participate in discussions about others music or anything else. I understand that productive people like pro musicians are to busy to spend time here debating candy like the rest of us no-lifers. I think it's fair and honest to treat them like we treat anyone else and just give our sincere thoughts on their art without being pinheads. We shouldn't put anyone on a pedestal and treat them better just because the famous artist. We should treat everyone kindly and with honesty.

Right. I started this thread because I was pretty certain Ted would never see it. He never comes unless it's to promote something and he does it to the extreme. I don't mind - I don't care for Tedniquet so I don't listen to them and I just ignore his posts.

@ d@v!d: I agree that lots of the times artists use forums as free pr. I really enjoyed reading the conversation between ihversaw and Ted. It somehow created some depth between the artists and their fans. 
@Gandalf The White: I actually thought your initial post was funny, but when read the whole thread it became a Ted-and-other-artist-bashing thread. There was a time there were quite a few artists part of the CMR family. Also quite a few active members have left CMR. I know some left because of threads like these and i cannot blame them. Because some of us can be quite harsh. I would like to see more dialogue between artist and fan like ihversaw did.
oteis
oteis
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by metalh Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:44 pm

Microscopic is my favorite TourniqueT album. Murder by Pride is my fave Stryper album.

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:13 pm

metalh wrote:Microscopic is my favorite TourniqueT album. Murder by Pride is my fave Stryper album.
My favorite Tourniquet album is "Vanishing Lessons", followed by "Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm".
"Murder By Pride" is my second LEAST favorite Stryper album, though.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:05 am

d@v!d wrote:

I wonder if people here realize that most of the professional artists that post here are just using the forum as free PR for their latest project. The smarter ones use it as a way to keep their ear to the ground of their fans tastes. It's not like they are gifting us with their presence more than we are gifting them with support, encouragement, and valuable feedback about their product. Don't you notice how they don't tend to participate in discussions about others music or anything else? I understand that productive people like pro musicians are to busy to spend time here debating candy like the rest of us no-lifers. I think it's fair and honest to treat them like we treat anyone else and just give our sincere thoughts on their art without being pinheads. We shouldn't put anyone on a pedestal and treat them better just because they are a famous artist. We should treat everyone kindly and with honesty.

Hell yes ill say Amen to that.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:26 am

Temple of Blood and Cailen are pretty active on here... of course, they aren't huge bands (though AG is getting there), but they are artists who do more than just promote 

Never realized how much Gipperman was like that too
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3