The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?

+14
Troublezone
exo
Hardcore Christian
Tobi Elektrik
Airola
Kerrick
messiaen77
deathisgain
Candlemass
lhversaw
Galations6.7
My Awesome Timothy
bodachi
Ted Kirkpatrick
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Am I the only one who gets the notion that Tourniquet itself might be nearing its end, and Ted's desperate flood-posting signifies this?

Back to top Go down

Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?

Post by exo Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:17 pm

MAN does this thread make my "lock it up" finger itchy....... Mad

ugh.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:Am I the only one who gets the notion that Tourniquet itself might be nearing its end, and Ted's desperate flood-posting signifies this?
HONESTLY YES I absolutely think that.  I think THAT is why he is pawning his solo stuff as Tourniquet as just maybe the others in the band are done and this is his desperate attempt to keep Tourniquet alive.  In which case he just killed it with the pathetic attempt to con his fans with OTF
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:41 pm

That nine-year gap between MVoaTR and WMaRD dragged a formerly relevant band into relative obscurity, and AB IMNSHO was a big step down from WMaRD.  I don't remember Ted pushing WMaRD as hard as he has OTF.  Which unfortunately reeks of desperation from a band I once seriously banged my head thereto.

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:That nine-year gap between MVoaTR and WMaRD dragged a formerly relevant band into relative obscurity, and AB IMNSHO was a big step down from WMaRD.  I don't remember Ted pushing WMaRD as hard as he has OTF.  Which unfortunately reeks of desperation from a band I once seriously banged my head thereto.
But the thing is the OTF is NOT a Tourniquet album it is a Ted Solo album which makes the Desperation even worse.  It isn't Desperation from the band so much as Desperation from Ted trying to sell and album that he KNOWS won't sell unless it has Tourniquet on it.  He is essentially ruining BOTH His already failing solo career AND a VERY DOMINATE Thrash band all at the same time with this stunt.  Whereas if he just let it be instead of trying to deceive his fans Tourniquet would have been unharmed by this stunt.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:00 pm

lhversaw wrote:
Neal Morse Code wrote:That nine-year gap between MVoaTR and WMaRD dragged a formerly relevant band into relative obscurity, and AB IMNSHO was a big step down from WMaRD.  I don't remember Ted pushing WMaRD as hard as he has OTF.  Which unfortunately reeks of desperation from a band I once seriously banged my head thereto.
But the thing is the OTF is NOT a Tourniquet album it is a Ted Solo album which makes the Desperation even worse.  It isn't Desperation from the band so much as Desperation from Ted trying to sell and album that he KNOWS won't sell unless it has Tourniquet on it.  He is essentially ruining BOTH His already failing solo career AND a VERY DOMINATE Thrash band all at the same time with this stunt.  Whereas if he just let it be instead of trying to deceive his fans Tourniquet would have been unharmed by this stunt.
wow u guys are brutal Neutral
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublezone Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:14 pm

I don't have it yet, but from the samples I've heard, it sounds pretty good!

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Troublezone
Troublezone
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:21 pm

lhversaw wrote:I must ask have you ever actually watched animals?   They DO STEAL.  I have seem animals steal the food right off of peoples plate, Bears steal food out of people cabins and tents all the time.  They steal food from each other.  Animals KILL not only other animals but people as well, had a Bear maul someone 2 miles away when camping as a kid. Sharks Kill people all the time and they are doing so more often all the time.  Now it is getting food for Sharks much of the time and with Bears and other animals it is territorial much of the time and both of which fall under FOR PERSONAL GAIN. This is just an example of placing animals equal or above humans and that is NOT what God intended not according to the bible.  I have watched animals a TON and seen a lot of stuff that is personal gain to them in one way or another.  There are many species of animal who have more "mates" " partners" what ever you want to call it than many humans have in fact some have a new mate each year of their lives if not more often.  That would fall under adultry and personal gain.  Many will fight to the death for a mate, falling under murder and personal gain.

So to say that animals DON'T do that shows a total lack of knowledge of animals right from the start.

lhversaw wrote:Ok I know I am beating this over the head so to speak but really I am trying to make a humorous point in regards to Ted's post about how animal DON'T do this stuff when if he had actually ever really watched animals he would know that his post is clueless.  I do watch animals in my own backyard I see Squirrels steal food from Birds and I have seen foxes kill rabbits and much more.  saying that they don't do this stuff in an attempt to make the PETA album OTF MORE FRIENDLY is simply purposely misleading your fans TED.

Animals steal??

Animals commit criminal homicide??

Animals are greedy and are out for personal gain??

Animals commit adultery??

This is asinine.

Since when did animals become accountable to human standards?

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:33 pm

Mortal wrote:
lhversaw wrote:I must ask have you ever actually watched animals?   They DO STEAL.  I have seem animals steal the food right off of peoples plate, Bears steal food out of people cabins and tents all the time.  They steal food from each other.  Animals KILL not only other animals but people as well, had a Bear maul someone 2 miles away when camping as a kid. Sharks Kill people all the time and they are doing so more often all the time.  Now it is getting food for Sharks much of the time and with Bears and other animals it is territorial much of the time and both of which fall under FOR PERSONAL GAIN. This is just an example of placing animals equal or above humans and that is NOT what God intended not according to the bible.  I have watched animals a TON and seen a lot of stuff that is personal gain to them in one way or another.  There are many species of animal who have more "mates" " partners" what ever you want to call it than many humans have in fact some have a new mate each year of their lives if not more often.  That would fall under adultry and personal gain.  Many will fight to the death for a mate, falling under murder and personal gain.

So to say that animals DON'T do that shows a total lack of knowledge of animals right from the start.

lhversaw wrote:Ok I know I am beating this over the head so to speak but really I am trying to make a humorous point in regards to Ted's post about how animal DON'T do this stuff when if he had actually ever really watched animals he would know that his post is clueless.  I do watch animals in my own backyard I see Squirrels steal food from Birds and I have seen foxes kill rabbits and much more.  saying that they don't do this stuff in an attempt to make the PETA album OTF MORE FRIENDLY is simply purposely misleading your fans TED.

Animals steal??

Animals commit criminal homicide??

Animals are greedy and are out for personal gain??

Animals commit adultery??

This is asinine.

Since when did animals become accountable to human standards?
Well since you obviously didn't watch the videos to see the proof for yourself you asked for it

Stealing for personal gain.  food papers toys etc.

They mate then Murder their mate and they do this EVERY YEAR Meaning they have multiple mates throughout their life.  That would cover murder as well as well multiple husbands and killing each one HMMM you do the math on that one.

And yes animals attacking without provication with intent to simply kill.

Now while some of this is humorous it is even more humorous to blankly state that ANIMALS DON'T DO THIS.  When clearly they do.  Not asinine simply fact.  I am not holding them up to any standards at all.  Simply ranting over a album and claims that are quite false and rather annoyed that a solo album is being labeled as something it is not for the purpose of agenda pushing.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Troublezone wrote:I don't have it yet, but from the samples I've heard, it sounds pretty good!
Well if this is something that you really want itunes has it for like $9.99 but be warned it isn't a Tourniquet album.  It is a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album that he slapped a Tourniquet logo under his name on.  If you are looking for a TRUE Tourniquet album you will have to either purchase a past one or wait and hope they actually do another one because this is no where close to one.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:Am I the only one who gets the notion that Tourniquet itself might be nearing its end, and Ted's desperate flood-posting signifies this?

I thought that the thread bombing started after lhversaw's post about the album...
Maybe it was just retaliation or maybe he was just defending the album.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:19 pm

lhversaw wrote:Now while some of this is humorous it is even more humorous to blankly state that ANIMALS DON'T DO THIS.  When clearly they do.  Not asinine simply fact.

Nah...it's asinine. No amount of explanation will change that.

Animals may do certain things that you yourself perceive as cheat, kill, steal...etc.,

But again, animals are not held accountable to the standards that humans are.

Therefore what they are doing is NOT cheating, killing, stealing...etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:48 pm

By the way, you can legally listen to the whole album completely for free on Bandcamp. Ted himself has allowed for it to be listened for free. So there's no worries that you would end up paying for something you don't enjoy.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:03 pm

Airola wrote:By the way, you can legally listen to the whole album completely for free on Bandcamp. Ted himself has allowed for it to be listened for free. So there's no worries that you would end up paying for something you don't enjoy.
Very True but based on what I have read heard and been told why put myself through the torture of his solo album with a band logo on it?  Razz
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:19 pm

Mortal wrote:
lhversaw wrote:Now while some of this is humorous it is even more humorous to blankly state that ANIMALS DON'T DO THIS.  When clearly they do.  Not asinine simply fact.

Nah...it's asinine. No amount of explanation will change that.

Animals may do certain things that you yourself perceive as cheat, kill, steal...etc.,

But again, animals are not held accountable to the standards that humans are.

Therefore what they are doing is NOT cheating, killing, stealing...etc.

No, it isn't, and no, they're not, they are animals, brute beasts. Some would like to bring us down to their level, and some would like to elevate them to ours...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:47 am

Candlemass wrote:Some would like to bring us down to their level, and some would like to elevate them to ours...

It's all the same group.

The logic makes no sense at all.

Why don't animals talk to us? Are they just being jerks?

Apply this same logic to other things.

Is the ocean guilty of murder? It has taken many lives...many people have drowned there.

What about fire? Is fire guilty of murder also?

It's all asinine.

Back to top Go down

Is ONWARD TO FREEDOM a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album or a Tourniquet album?  - Page 3 Empty Ted IS Tourniquet......

Post by Gipperman Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:57 am

Folks,

I had to chime in here. Ted is tourniquet. whether it's under the Tourniquet name or Ted's name, solo or group - it's Ted for the most part. He writes everything, produces, plays, arranges and puts it all together.

Many bands operate this way. I'm sure many folks would disagree with me but it's true. Tom Scholz for example - he is Boston. Take Tom away and there is no Boston. Same goes for Ted.

M

Gipperman
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:03 am

Was "Reborn" a Stryper lp or a Sweet solo effort?
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:07 am

Folks, get yer last thoughts in before trigger happy Exo puts the kabash on this one too!
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gipperman Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:24 am

"Reborn" was both Candlemass. Just like every other album, I wrote it, put it all together and then the guys played it. that's not to take anything away from the other guys but for some reason this is a tough pill for some fans to swallow. 

I'm not sure why but it's reality. Most bands have one person (sometimes two) who put everything together. when they make solo albums you most likely can here this.

I try hard to step outside the "Stryper" box when I do record solo albums. This is why Reborn was so different. It was written as a solo album and even shopped to labels as a solo album. I almost signed with a label. I played the demos for the guys and they loved it. I then suggested that we make it a Stryper album and we did. Basically nothing was changed - nothing! They just played on it and it became a Stryper album.

The same applies to MBP and NMHTP (only those were written with Stryper in mind, not solo).

I added a few songs to my last two solo albums that were geared more towards Stryper (Save Me, The Everafter, Unsuspecting, Taking On The World Tonight, Anybody Else). 

My point is that there is usually someone in each band that does most of what you hear. Ted is the visionary for Tourniquet.

M

Gipperman
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:26 am

Wow, a controversial Tourniquet thread, WITH Michael Sweet writing on it!
Now we only need Steve Rowe to chime in, along with Dale Thompson and a surprise quest writer Roger Martinez, and this would be the forum thread of a lifetime, which would most certainly end up blowing the whole internet up Very Happy

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:35 am

Candlemass wrote:Folks, get yer last thoughts in before trigger happy Exo puts the kabash on this one too!
Really, what's to say? I guess some musings.

It's been an informative read.

FYI, I haven't listened to T since Psycho Surgery. I'm way out of the loop about the band's material.

I think that Mike brings the proper perspective in regards to if this is a mislabeled solo effort or the band's effort. I think Ted is right saying that it's both. It's his band and he can do what he wants with it.

I listened to the samples and the music is good. I probably won't support it as if the ideas proclaimed in "No Soul" are part in parcel to it's theme. What a bunch of tripe! I don't want to get into why I disagree, but I think the catholic view that you posted resonates well.

I don't have a problem with Ted making an album dedicated to some area of interest in his life that is other than the gospel and don't think he is wrong for producing this or calling it T.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:57 am

Gipperman wrote:"Reborn" was both Candlemass. Just like every other album, I wrote it, put it all together and then the guys played it. that's not to take anything away from the other guys but for some reason this is a tough pill for some fans to swallow. 

I'm not sure why but it's reality. Most bands have one person (sometimes two) who put everything together. when they make solo albums you most likely can here this.

I try hard to step outside the "Stryper" box when I do record solo albums. This is why Reborn was so different. It was written as a solo album and even shopped to labels as a solo album. I almost signed with a label. I played the demos for the guys and they loved it. I then suggested that we make it a Stryper album and we did. Basically nothing was changed - nothing! They just played on it and it became a Stryper album.

The same applies to MBP and NMHTP (only those were written with Stryper in mind, not solo).

I added a few songs to my last two solo albums that were geared more towards Stryper (Save Me, The Everafter, Unsuspecting, Taking On The World Tonight, Anybody Else). 

My point is that there is usually someone in each band that does most of what you hear. Ted is the visionary for Tourniquet.

M

I already knew all that, just injecting a bit of sarcastic irony into the discussion...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:59 am

d@v!d wrote:
Candlemass wrote:Folks, get yer last thoughts in before trigger happy Exo puts the kabash on this one too!
Really, what's to say? I guess some musings.

It's been an informative read.

FYI, I haven't listened to T since Psycho Surgery. I'm way out of the loop about the band's material.

I think that Mike brings the proper perspective in regards to if this is a mislabeled solo effort or the band's effort. I think Ted is right saying that it's both. It's his band and he can do what he wants with it.

I listened to the samples and the music is good. I probably won't support it as if the ideas proclaimed in "No Soul" are part in parcel to it's theme. What a bunch of tripe! I don't want to get into why I disagree, but I think the catholic view that you posted resonates well.

I don't have a problem with Ted making an album dedicated to some area of interest in his life that is other than the gospel and don't think he is wrong for producing this or calling it T.
each and every song lyrically IS exactly like No Soul in terms of ideas proclaimed in it.  I heard two very mellow and un Tourniquet but very Ted Solo like samples and therefore Took a pass.  Mike I understand your point.  With that in mind  Your Stryper albums SOUND lyrically and sonicaly like Stryper and your solo stuff sounds sonicaly and lyrically like Micheal Sweet  You don't use one for one agenda and another for a different agenda and then bring the solo agenda and sound into the band which is what bothers me with Ted.  Plus your solo stuff is actually good.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:00 am

I have no issues w/Ted calling this a TqT lp, I'm just so far removed from his views on "animal rights" I wouldn't be able to enjoy the lp on it's lyrical merits, and as a singer myself, that's huge for me, I'm all about what the songs are communicating...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next